SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member

36 days, 20+ lbs lost game plan

Alright, so diet diet diet. I am going to forgo a bit of the heavy lifting as I do terrible with fast cuts with restricted calories. 20 lbs means I need to burn a total of 70,000 extra calories in 36 days. That's almost 2k calories a day. My daily needs at my current activity level have been figured between 3100-3600, use an even number at 3300 for maintenance, drop 2k off we get 1300 calories. Ok so plan is to train every day, high intensity cardio, circuit work, lots of body weight work, GPP, strongman type stuff, as well as sprints in HIIT fashion. Keep active at work, and do as much activities as possible in my time at home, this works out well as I am really busy with kids and playing with them is fun. So Can possibly bump the calories up a bit, thinking 1800 max, 1300 minimum.

Let's get protein requirements out first. 167 lbs lean body mass, 167x2= 334 grams x 4 calories = 1336 calories or 167x1.5= 250x4= 1002 calories

So majority of my calories are going to come from protein. Can I do this? Even the fat in meats would probably put me at my max calories. I didn't intend to do a full keto diet, although was thinking I would just consume carbs post work out, and maybe breakfast. And then small amounts from veggies. With the occasional cheat meal to replenish.

Sounds rough but what do people think. Carb source post work out would be some milk and agave nectar. If I can fit it in calorie wise in morning it would be barley. Protein sources, mostly pork, chicken, some beef. whey, beef, and hemp powders.

So far I haven't even come close to 1800 calories, been over it by a bit. Large part is not consuming lean enough meats. As for my training, I'm keeping the semi heavy lifting in, just wont try to hit PRs left and right, and keep away from any work near failure even if it means not doing what I can do in the past. For instance bench top set last night stopped after 325x5 instead of doing 345 like usual, no reason to hurt myself, 325 was tough as is, also hopefully I can even improve form.

So I imagine most of the time my calories will be a bit higher, but think I'll do this 8 weeks now instead of 5. shoot for 25 lbs, which is 87500 calories. 1500 calories to burn a day rather than 2000, 1500 still sounds ridiculous. Still will be easier for me to accomplish this. I wonder if I should reintroduce an AI to bring estro down, if it will help weight loss, after being off of it for a month cause of headaches, interested to try it again and see if I still get headaches. Plus if I up my test at some time it's likely to make me feel like shit having high E2.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Seoinage rough maintenance = LBM(167lbs) x 15 = 2500 for u, not 3300

4 lbs per week is a bit too aggressive IMO

Just read ur second post why the limited timeframe? U on cutting cycle or Trt?
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 09-27-2012 at 11:28 AM.

TRT.

And the calories my BMR was low 2k somewhere around there, 3300 was including activity whatever my TDEE.

I'm sick of doing long cuts, yes I can maintain strength but it gets grueling, want to drop the weight fast, blast for 12 weeks, then go from there, I really like lifting for strength, but for once I think i want to get rid of excess bodyfat, so either a period of maintenance then right back into cutting. Fairly aggressive, but not as bad as right now.

Tdee calculator is inaccurate.

167lbs LBm bmr = 2006cals

2600 is maintenance including activity. (rough startn point)

This is a new improved formula. U may wanna consider .

2000cal diet 60/20/20 pro/carb/fat + heavy cardio am fasted or pwo would prob fare u well.

Just my .02

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I did my last diet at around 2000 calories and then dropped it to 1800 calories when progress stopped. It was a 60/20/20 diet (high protein).

Let me know if you want that diet. PM me if you do in case I lose track of this thread.

Dang even the TDEE calculator I got from my bod pod visit? I would be starving on 2600 calories even. I think 1800-2000 range would definitely be it. And 60/20/20 sounds about right. That's pretty much getting your protein in, and small amounts of fat and carbs, allows flexibility in diet. I plan to do some periods of fasting at certain points, as well as the occasional refeed to maintain some strength. I'm still pretty limited on what I can eat, so Johnny send me your diet, and maybe I can modify it a bit. I'll pm you.

the activity multiplier is where the prob is..

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Dang even the TDEE calculator I got from my bod pod visit? I would be starving on 2600 calories even. I think 1800-2000 range would definitely be it. And 60/20/20 sounds about right. That's pretty much getting your protein in, and small amounts of fat and carbs, allows flexibility in diet. I plan to do some periods of fasting at certain points, as well as the occasional refeed to maintain some strength. I'm still pretty limited on what I can eat, so Johnny send me your diet, and maybe I can modify it a bit. I'll pm you.
    I sent you the diet. I forgot to mention that I had one cheat meal a week where I ate whatever I wanted (usually steak, loaded potato and veggies). It lets my body know that it isn't starving.

For sure doing the cheat meal.

So I know you lose a lot of water weight the first week, imagine I will be close to 7 lbs or so by next tuesday max 10 lbs although to keep on target I should shoot for the higher number, but in three days I'm down over 3 lbs and I haven't starved myself yet. Last night I missed a meal because i was getting my daughter to sleep for a nap after work and i fell asleep too, so dinner was late, so it was a little more calories to compensate. Chicken with peppers and onions, had enough broccoli for a while.

Wife bought some asparagus yesterday, last time i bought it it went bad in a few days. Closest real grocery store is over an hour a way so it's tricky to have fresh food. So I'll have a lot of asparagus for a day or two.

Tire flips in the am today with sledge swings, then I'm ripping a few boards out of my deck and replacing them, I say ripping them out as the screws won't turn they are too corroded. cutting my hair and beard, plus watching kids, should be a plenty active day.

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Are you doing this incorporating daily IF? I've been doing a one (sometimes two) meal a day plan for the a long time now, and there has been no plateau to my fat loss. This way I can hit my target of 1600 or less calories on most days, with a once weekly higher calorie cheat/re-feed.

I think I lost seven pounds in week one, then two to three pounds a week after that. I cut at 2100 calories until losses slowed then moved down to the 1800 calories.

Not daily IF, only occasional, although if I have a big gap of moderately high activity during a short fast no big deal not too worried. I'm going to cheat tonight with dutch oven peach cobbler. And probably fast in a couple days. And Johnny that sounds about right, 2 to 3 lbs a week is pretty good too.

So the dutch oven cobbler turned out pretty good, but I couldn't eat very much, way too dense and overpoweringly sweet. Weighed 222 in morning still.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    just want to wish you good luck on reaching your goals Seoinage. that dutch over peach cobbler sounds delish!

Thanks! and yeah doing it with fresh peaches is amazing, going to make a new recipe though.

Fasting today, FML can't wait to get eating.

Thread Information