evander87 is offline Senior Member

Pre Show Diet on cycle

This is a research thread. I'm considering the cycle next year but haven't wrapped my head around the diet portion. I understand while bulking eat TDEE +500 When strictly cutting TDEE-500. What I don't get is what the diet is like when using certain "hardening" compounds. I'm thinking either a test, tbol, mast or test, var, primo (or a combo depending on finances) but what should the diet be? Maintenance? Above maintenance? Below maintenance? Eat at maintenance but adjust macros for more protein intake?

For full disclosure I'm not looking to get 3% on stage lean. I don't trust any measurements on body fat in my area. I was told I was 7% posted a picture here and consensus was closer to 10% had another trainer measure and said I was 16%. I don't care about the number I just need to be as lean as I can. Think fitness model.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Bueller? Bueller?

bigmatt33 is offline Junior Member
    I don't think the diet is supposed to vary depending on the different compounds you use. I don't do shows but my friend does. He reduces his calories slightly but he really focuses on cutting carbs as he gets closer to the show. By the time the show comes he is only getting carbs from veggies. He feels like shit but looks amazing. But I'm no expert on this. I'm just telling you what he does.

Thread Information