Thread: Picky Eater :-/

MiNNiE_MOUSE is offline Female Member

Picky Eater :-/

Hey everyone I'm new to this, but advised to come to the nutrition site for help on where to start.... I'm trying to figure a routine down and start eating right so I can lose about 20-30 lbs. I am 24 yrs old 3 kids of my own, 1 step son. I am 5'3" and 175 lbs after my 3rd child I never lost any weight and seem to stay at this weight... I LOVE chicken n beef... That's about it... I do NOT like sea food or fish nothing like that... My husband is on here and said its goiN to be difficult for me since I'm picky so I'm wondering if maybe there is anyone else there just as picky as me that can help me start a meal plan or lead me in the direction of how to start a meal plan and eat healthier , and starting the new year my husband and I will be getn a gym membership to help keep each other motivated hopefully... Any tips or guides is appreciated thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome Minnie Mouse!

You have met another picky eater here! One step at a time. Baby steps. And try to find foods you like which are approved around here so you stick to it. And know that slow wins this race.

Other than chicken and beef what else do you like? anything? Chicken is great to eat. And beef is fine too.

Logging in here every single day will help you a lot. It will keep you focused. Try not to wait for it to be perfect. The main thing is to get started and you have done that by coming here!

I will find my thread where I logged in so you can get some ideas from my journey.

Will follow your progress. GOOD LUCK!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe
    Welcome Minnie Mouse!

You have met another picky eater here! One step at a time. Baby steps. And try to find foods you like which are approved around here so you stick to it. And know that slow wins this race.

Other than chicken and beef what else do you like? anything? Chicken is great to eat. And beef is fine too.

Logging in here every single day will help you a lot. It will keep you focused. Try not to wait for it to be perfect. The main thing is to get started and you have done that by coming here!

I will find my thread where I logged in so you can get some ideas from my journey.

Will follow your progress. GOOD LUCK!
    Thank u so much. I like pork as well just not into sea food/fish or anything like that... I've tried it and not my liking.... Any type of chicken or Brenda's long as there is NO pink LoL I love rice and other foods of course just I know chicken and beef fits into the nutrition parts... I have a bad habit of eatN bad food and I want to eat healthy and lose weight and feel good about myself again... I appreciate the help and thanks I will check in everyday I really wanna get back to where I was when my husband and I met LoL THANK YOU again!!

You are so welcome~

Do you want to state a goal? with a specific time frame? this will help a lot. I was suggested to do this by a top vet here before I started my log and it really helped me to make up my mind. Try to pick a goal which is doable so you win.
    Author Unknown

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi Minni! I think you can achieve your goals even if you only like chic and beef! i lost 40 pounds just from changing my diet after i became a member of this site....so you my dear are a smart lady and came to the right place.

here's another good link on cutting:http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ng-101-Cutting

and another with tons of useful information: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...et-Information

It would be helpful if we know your bf% and this link can help you figure it out and post for us! Then we can start working on your meal plan!
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-Men-amp-Women

You are so welcome~

Do you want to state a goal? with a specific time frame? this will help a lot. I was suggested to do this by a top vet here before I started my log and it really helped me to make up my mind. Try to pick a goal which is doable so you win.
    Starting New year husband and I are getn a membership for the gym so my goal will be to lose at 15lbs in by march 1, 2013 so gives me 2 months... Seems reasonable to me... At least I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Hi Minni! I think you can achieve your goals even if you only like chic and beef! i lost 40 pounds just from changing my diet after i became a member of this site....so you my dear are a smart lady and came to the right place.
    Thank u for the sights I will check them out . Thank you, I hope I can still lose weight with chicken and beef... My husband said its a dwn fall in a way, but possible. That's awesome 40lbs!! I am lookN forward to eatN healthy and wrkN out and I'm glad I listened to my husband and joined there is a ton of info here and people that know what they're talkN about to help me out! I enjoy all the feed back and all the positive attitude and I cnt forget the motivation! LoL I'm not sure what my BF% is tho... I can ask my husband and get back to u on that 1.... Thanks again

Howdy~ Do you like pancakes?
    Author Unknown

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Welcome you can eat chicken and beef and still lose weight. Its all in the prepration. No frying try to bake or grill chicken, or put it in the crock potwith some ranch powder seasoning like I do. Keep sauces to a minimum as they are loaded with sugar. Also do most of your grocery shopping on the outside isles. Only eat lean beef 90% or higher. Beans, rice, sweet potatoes, brocolli, green beans, spinach are some other good foods. Also invest in a scale so you know EXACTLY what you eat. Good luck

Howdy~ Do you like pancakes?
    I love pancakes , but I'm not a big fan on wheat bread or wheat pancakes... But i know its healthier for me than white bread... LoL why?

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804
    Welcome you can eat chicken and beef and still lose weight. Its all in the prepration. No frying try to bake or grill chicken, or put it in the crock potwith some ranch powder seasoning like I do. Keep sauces to a minimum as they are loaded with sugar. Also do most of your grocery shopping on the outside isles. Only eat lean beef 90% or higher. Beans, rice, sweet potatoes, brocolli, green beans, spinach are some other good foods. Also invest in a scale so you know EXACTLY what you eat. Good luck
    Thanks, I already do chicken with the ranch packets in the crockpot my family loves it I know fried foods is bad never fried my chicken not a big fan LoL I only eat boneless/skinless chicken... So I need to weigh the chicken n beef out? What would be the best proportions?

Pancake Recipe which taste so good.....sooooooooooo good and keeps me on track. I eat them about every single day and laugh with every bite since approved here. Many members are eating my pancakes.

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats or quick oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs or get the carton of egg whites which is a lot easier!)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda or artificial sweetener all you want
    vanilla extract, if desired
    baking powder 1 tablespoon

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    "Sugar free" syrup
    and possibly a dollop of "plain Greek yogurt" to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt to sweeten it

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.

Pancake Recipe which taste so good.....sooooooooooo good and keeps me on track. I eat them about every single day and laugh with every bite since approved here. Many members are eating my pancakes.

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats or quick oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs or get the carton of egg whites which is a lot easier!)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda or artificial sweetener all you want
    vanilla extract, if desired
    baking powder 1 tablespoon

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    "Sugar free" syrup
    and possibly a dollop of "plain Greek yogurt" to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt to sweeten it

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Sounds good I will have to try this! I dnt like cottage chz or yogurt but I will try it... LoL thanks

^^ you are welcome and you will NOT taste the cottage cheese I promise. Remember I am picky too! I cannot stand cottage cheese myself but once blended and cooked you will not know it is in there. It is the cottage cheese which keeps the batter moist and like a regular pancake. Makes the magic.

And as far as the yogurt? you can simply leave it off. I don't add yogurt anymore. I eat just the pancake and sugar free syrup. The yogurt is simply an add on if desired to top it with something.

If you like pancakes you will like this recipe. I tried many recipes here and tweaked and came up with this concoction and eat them almost every single day and am now 43 pounds lighter!

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiNNiE_MOUSE View Post
    Thanks, I already do chicken with the ranch packets in the crockpot my family loves it I know fried foods is bad never fried my chicken not a big fan LoL I only eat boneless/skinless chicken... So I need to weigh the chicken n beef out? What would be the best proportions?

Try starting with 4oz servings and see how that does for you. If you are still hungry maybe do 6 oz size. I will say Im not an expert on female dieting ( not for myself even lol) but my wife is around 120lbs and she eats 4- 6 oz servings. Just try to keep it under 6oz and if still full eat more greens.Try to eat rice, oats and sweet potatoes early in the day no later than 3pm and try not to go over board.
    Last edited by canesfan804; 01-04-2013 at 11:04 PM.

^^ you are welcome and you will NOT taste the cottage cheese I promise. Remember I am picky too! I cannot stand cottage cheese myself but once blended and cooked you will not know it is in there. It is the cottage cheese which keeps the batter moist and like a regular pancake. Makes the magic.

And as far as the yogurt? you can simply leave it off. I don't add yogurt anymore. I eat just the pancake and sugar free syrup. The yogurt is simply an add on if desired to top it with something.

If you like pancakes you will like this recipe. I tried many recipes here and tweaked and came up with this concoction and eat them almost every single day and am now 43 pounds lighter!
    AMAZING!!! I know I do remember u said ur a picky eater and when I make them I definitely will tell u about it! LoL dnt sound to bad... I dnt need a topping so I will leave the yogurt out LoL 43 lbs that's SPECTACULAR great job!

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804

Try starting with 4oz servings and see how that does for you. If you are still hungry maybe do 6 oz size. I will say Im not an expert on female dieting ( not for myself even lol) but my wife is around 120lbs and she eats 4- 6 oz servings. Just try to keep it under 6oz and if still full eat more greens.Try to eat rice, oats and sweet potatoes early in the day no later than 3pm and try not to go over board.
    Thanks, I will make a note of this and hey any advice helps I appreciate it! White rice is ok or should I do brown rice since its healthier?

Minnie Anything white is generally worst then any other color. Brown is better but must make sure you are eating it at the right time of day depending on your w/out schedule. Always eat a complex carb (like rice / oatmeal, etc) as your first meal, after fasted cardio.

when are you planning to start your goals? if you need help with a daily eating plan, there are plenty of folks here that are willing to help. The real work is in your court when you are motivated and determined! If this was easy, everyone would be thin!!!!

Minnie Anything white is generally worst then any other color. Brown is better but must make sure you are eating it at the right time of day depending on your w/out schedule. Always eat a complex carb (like rice / oatmeal, etc) as your first meal, after fasted cardio.

when are you planning to start your goals? if you need help with a daily eating plan, there are plenty of folks here that are willing to help. The real work is in your court when you are motivated and determined! If this was easy, everyone would be thin!!!!
    Very true!! It's not easy... I will be startN my goals as soon as me n my husband get our membership for the gym... I wrk nites from 10:30pm-7am so I wnt have a normal routine dwn so I will have to wrk at when to eat certain foods and stuff like that. Plan is to hit the gym after I take kids to school by 8am than head to the gym and come home shower n sleep LoL I hope to start my goals within the next month... I am currently out on disability I hurt my back and possibly have scoliosis :-/ I should find out Wednesday, but I'm not gna let that discourage me from becoming healthy and wrkN for it

^^^ sounds good!

Howdy~ When you're ready you're ready. Meantime while getting your ducks in a row, would there be any chance of not drinking the sodas? Sugar is the culprit here. Every time you drink one you are probably drinking around 16 teaspoons of sugar in one can if I remember correctly. And this sugar spikes your insulin . And doing this stores BF like no other. I understand this. Believe me I do. I have had to really pay attention and go cold turkey myself. So my question to you is: Could you go cold turkey on the sodas while waiting to join the gym etc? This would be a great first move in the right direction. Many think artificial sweeteners are just as bad but I can tell you from first hand experience I rather pick the better of the 2 and keep the sugar OUT of my body in order to lose the BF.

So do you think you could do this one change for now?
    Author Unknown

Howdy~ When you're ready you're ready. Meantime while getting your ducks in a row, would there be any chance of not drinking the sodas? Sugar is the culprit here. Every time you drink one you are probably drinking around 16 teaspoons of sugar in one can if I remember correctly. And this sugar spikes your insulin . And doing this stores BF like no other. I understand this. Believe me I do. I have had to really pay attention and go cold turkey myself. So my question to you is: Could you go cold turkey on the sodas while waiting to join the gym etc? This would be a great first move in the right direction. Many think artificial sweeteners are just as bad but I can tell you from first hand experience I rather pick the better of the 2 and keep the sugar OUT of my body in order to lose the BF.

So do you think you could do this one change for now?
    Actually I changed to diet dr pepper today and plan to stick to than n my bottle of Water... I drinkN a bottle through out the day which is better than not drinkN any at all,., slowly but surely starting to end that way

Great start. You will drop weight just from this simple change!!!

^^ agreed! And great to hear this Minnie. Every step makes a difference. Just like every pound. One at a time and all of the sudden you will smile from ear to ear!

Curious as to your level of activity for now. In other words could you take a fast clip walk for about 22-25 minutes?
    Author Unknown

Great start. You will drop weight just from this simple change!!!
    Thanks I'm tryN...

^^ agreed! And great to hear this Minnie. Every step makes a difference. Just like every pound. One at a time and all of the sudden you will smile from ear to ear!

Curious as to your level of activity for now. In other words could you take a fast clip walk for about 22-25 minutes?
    If I do 3 laps around my block its 1 mile I drove it in my car to figure it out LoL... But not doin any exercise activities as of yet just the normal walkN around n chasing my kids around which is wrk in itself I know... Thank u for all the help n advice I appreciate it more than u know

mianna is offline New Member
    hahha for doing this a great great stamina we need... impossible thing for a new bud....

If I do 3 laps around my block its 1 mile I drove it in my car to figure it out LoL... But not doin any exercise activities as of yet just the normal walkN around n chasing my kids around which is wrk in itself I know... Thank u for all the help n advice I appreciate it more than u know
    Good to hear 3 laps is a mile! Perfect. So now I ask this. Is there anyway you could do this round of laps first thing before eating breakfast? On an empty stomach? This would be a "fasted cardio" which would make a world of difference. I swear by fasted cardios whenever I need to move the scale down. And I simply go out the door and take a quick fast paced clip of a walk. NOT an all out full throttle race. This is not needed first thing nor recommended actually. Just a fast clip. And IMO a minimum of 22 minutes and you will see changes start asap.

Can you do this at least 3 times a week?

Good to hear 3 laps is a mile! Perfect. So now I ask this. Is there anyway you could do this round of laps first thing before eating breakfast? On an empty stomach? This would be a "fasted cardio" which would make a world of difference. I swear by fasted cardios whenever I need to move the scale down. And I simply go out the door and take a quick fast paced clip of a walk. NOT an all out full throttle race. This is not needed first thing nor recommended actually. Just a fast clip. And IMO a minimum of 22 minutes and you will see changes start asap.

Can you do this at least 3 times a week?
    Yeah I could do it 3 times a wk! I normally dnt eat breakfast cause I normally stay up late like 2am and get up around 10:30am or whenever my daughter wakes up... My sleeping schedule is all messed up! but I could do this before I eat anything after I wake up.

^^^ here's another small change that will benefit you....eat within 1 hour of waking to kick start that metabolism.....you will start burning calories earlier in the day!!!!

^^^ here's another small change that will benefit you....eat within 1 hour of waking to kick start that metabolism.....you will start burning calories earlier in the day!!!!
    Ok I will have to do that... I'm normally not hungry but can surely do something small until I get into a routine! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Glad you brought this up and so so true!

Ok I will have to do that... I'm normally not hungry but can surely do something small until I get into a routine! Thanks
    WONDERFUL to hear this. Fasted cardio is the magic secret to this. Trust me on this one.

Here is my trick to eating something first thing: I drink my protein shake first thing which gets me going. Vanilla whey with frozen raspberries. PLEASE tell me you will eat raspberries! If not, we will find another taste.

Put some water in the blender about 4- 5 inches high. Then add some frozen raspberries ( about a small handful) and then blend the water with the frozen raspberries. Then add the scoop of whey. Only 1 scoop is needed. Anymore is too much really. This shake taste just like a wonderful milkshake! And the protein is perfect for getting your metabolism going. And if I do a fasted cardio, then I drink this shake after my cardio which helps to refeed muscles and muscles shed BF. But if I do not do a fasted cardio, then I drink my shake first thing. If you look at my log you will see I have this shake EVERY single day and one of my tips to shedding the BF with delight! If one enjoys this process then sticking to it will be a breeze.......

Make sure when choosing a whey protein it is a whey isolate and NO sugar and high protein. Remember sugar is the culprit. And I like vanilla flavor since it mixes with just about anything.

How does this sound?

ps: after adding the whey blend more....a lot more!

and no ice needed since the raspberries are frozen. I prefer the frozen. Just as nutritious since once picked they are frozen. Plus you will have them handy at all times. Another trick is having handy good foods ALL the time!
    Author Unknown

Glad you brought this up and so so true!

WONDERFUL to hear this. Fasted cardio is the magic secret to this. Trust me on this one.

Here is my trick to eating something first thing: I drink my protein shake first thing which gets me going. Vanilla whey with frozen raspberries. PLEASE tell me you will eat raspberries! If not, we will find another taste.

Put some water in the blender about 4- 5 inches high. Then add some frozen raspberries ( about a small handful) and then blend the water with the frozen raspberries. Then add the scoop of whey. Only 1 scoop is needed. Anymore is too much really. This shake taste just like a wonderful milkshake! And the protein is perfect for getting your metabolism going. And if I do a fasted cardio, then I drink this shake after my cardio which helps to refeed muscles and muscles shed BF. But if I do not do a fasted cardio, then I drink my shake first thing. If you look at my log you will see I have this shake EVERY single day and one of my tips to shedding the BF with delight! If one enjoys this process then sticking to it will be a breeze.......

Make sure when choosing a whey protein it is a whey isolate and NO sugar and high protein. Remember sugar is the culprit. And I like vanilla flavor since it mixes with just about anything.

How does this sound?
    Sounds good and yes I will do frozen raspberries as long as there blended not whole LoL... This sounds delicious... Makes me want one now haha but I will have to get me some frozen raspberries and check my husband whey protein cause it might not be the one to use... Thanks this sounds good! I. Could do this everyday

ps: after adding the whey blend more....a lot more!

and no ice needed since the raspberries are frozen. I prefer the frozen. Just as nutritious since once picked they are frozen. Plus you will have them handy at all times. Another trick is having handy good foods ALL the time!
    Ok no ice.... I prefer frozen also

Sounds good and yes I will do frozen raspberries as long as there blended not whole LoL... This sounds delicious... Makes me want one now haha but I will have to get me some frozen raspberries and check my husband whey protein cause it might not be the one to use... Thanks this sounds good! I. Could do this everyday
    Great! And I bet your husbands is just fine as long as it is vanilla but I bet chocolate might be good too with the raspberries now that I think about it. Main thing is to have the shake asap first thing so you get something in your system. It has certainly helped me tackle this issue as well to make sure I have some protein earlier than later. The flavor is all up to your personal taste. Experiment and see what appeals to you. I love my concoction!

Ok no ice.... I prefer frozen also
    Goodie!

So these 3 things:

Sodas replaced with water or sugar free drinks
    3 fasted cardios a week
    Protein shake asap upon waking or protein shake after fasted cardio

these 3 things will get you going on the right track and make a difference

Like I said in the beginning....Baby steps!

Great! And I bet your husbands is just fine as long as it is vanilla but I bet chocolate might be good too with the raspberries now that I think about it. Main thing is to have the shake asap first thing so you get something in your system. It has certainly helped me tackle this issue as well to make sure I have some protein earlier than later. The flavor is all up to your personal taste. Experiment and see what appeals to you. I love my concoction!

Goodie!

So these 3 things:

Sodas replaced with water or sugar free drinks
    3 fasted cardios a week
    Protein shake asap upon waking or protein shake after fasted cardio

these 3 things will get you going on the right track and make a difference

Like I said in the beginning....Baby steps!
    LoL ur concoction's dnt sound bad at all and bought diet dr pepper today instead of Pepsi which was HARD but baby steps chocolate raspberry does sound delicious now that u mention it LoL either way I will have to try it! Yes those 3 things! Baby steps thanks again for all the help n advice I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by MiNNiE_MOUSE

LoL ur concoction's dnt sound bad at all and bought diet dr pepper today instead of Pepsi which was HARD but baby steps chocolate raspberry does sound delicious now that u mention it LoL either way I will have to try it! Yes those 3 things! Baby steps thanks again for all the help n advice I appreciate it!
    How u doing???

How u doing???
    Ok, switched to diet soda completely and been eating more salads... Which been tasting good to me thanks for askN

Thread Information