fit4ever180 is offline Member

Utilizing Fats and Complex Carbohydrates in the same meal???

A friend of mine and I were discussing this topic and so disagreed with each other, so I would like to know what your opinions are on whether or not it is a bad idea to include fats and complex carbohydrates together in meals or to separate them out. For example 1 meal is strictly protein/carb such as chicken and brown rice and the next protein/fat such as chicken and avocado.

He believes that mixing the 2 in the same meal is detrimental to your physique and promotes greater fat retention. He's had good results following this method and very good results (285 lbs. right now at 6'1'')
    I disagree and think that having both in your meals works well (as long the carbs are complex) because complex carbohydrates cause only a minimal spike in insulin levels and keeping an abundance of all macro nutrients at all times is more likely to ensure optimal growth (up 19lbs and down 1% bf so far in my first 5 weeks).

Your thoughts?

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the goal. If you are cutting, keep em separate. But if its during a bulk, combined.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Thanks for the reply swol e... Your answer is also the conclusion I believe to be correct as well

Thread Information