951thompson is offline Senior Member

white potato are they a good sauce of carb?

I've been doing some homework on white potatoes, im getting mixed reviews. What are your thoughts on white potatoes as a carb sauce? Is eating white potatoes wise when on a cutting diet?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    I've been doing some homework on white potatoes, im getting mixed reviews. What are your thoughts on white potatoes as a carb sauce? Is eating white potatoes wise when on a cutting diet?
    They're fine, don't sweat it.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    I eat those red skinned white potatoes all the time.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    They are good carb source! If they fit between your macros you can run them during cutting diet.

Thanks folks, I've read that white potato turns to glucose pretty fast. Some experts say they're fine others claim they're bad. It's hard to gage what is good and what not on the net, there is so much conflicting information. I read one article that says white potato rises insulin more then sugar. To me this is baffling because I aways assumed they were good stuff. I've bought a shit load of them so good or bad im going to have to eat them lol

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Don't worry about net! You have to find out what works for you best, change up your carb sources.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Thanks folks, I've read that white potato turns to glucose pretty fast. Some experts say they're fine others claim they're bad. It's hard to gage what is good and what not on the net, there is so much conflicting information. I read one article that says white potato rises insulin more then sugar. To me this is baffling because I aways assumed they were good stuff. I've bought a shit load of them so good or bad im going to have to eat them lol
    'White' carb sources (potato, rice, pasta, etc) have a higher GI value than other sources like sweet potato, brown rice, whole grain pasta, oats, etc. However, GI value is pretty useless as it only accounts for the source by itself. Idk about you, but I'm not sitting down to eat a potato by itself. When accompanied by other food (proteins, fats), the GI value is nullified. GL (Glycemic Load) is what you should be more concerned with. Actually, I wouldn't be concerned with either. Just make smart choices (e.g. white potato > snickers bar) and you'll be fine.

Ok thanks guys, maybe im just looking to much into things, just trying to fine tune my diet. My diet is going well but hasn't had potato in it, so just abit concerned if it will have a negative effect. We will see, if they do I can aways cut them out I guess. Thanks for the info GB

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    There'll be no negative effect. I'm having a baked white potato for dinner this evening.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    There'll be no negative effect. I'm having a baked white potato for dinner this evening.
    I've just had some potato, I boiled them, then fried them with 1cal oil spray. Mmmmm bloody lovely. I love potato so would love to keep it in my diet

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    i eat white rice and sweet potatoes, kinda contradictory but ive learned to love sweet potatoes so thats just what I go with. Like everyone said above as long as you can fit in your macros your good! nothing to be concerned about.

pjliftsalot is offline Junior Member
    I eat them as well as sweet potatoes all the time.

Thread Information