Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---

Thread: Busy work schedule and getting in calories

uoflcards is offline Junior Member

Busy work schedule and getting in calories

I work alot and at my job I get breaks but they are only 10 minutes. Other than that I am constantly working. I work in a factory. I get two 10 minute breaks and a lunch. It is basically impossible to go to the bathroom heat up my food and sit down and eat it before my break is up. What are my options for getting in my food intake during the day without skipping meals? Lately I've just been substituting real food for protein bars and homemade mass shakes while at work and getting in my rice and chicken during lunch break. Help me out. Thx. BTW, I'm at about 3500 calories a day atm.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Making shakes at home is a good option I use myself on busy days. One could, if needed, create massive 2.5-3k shakes to get it all in one gulp if it was required. As long as these are not store bought mass-gainer shakes I think you are good to go.

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Rida5d is offline Member
    tuna cans ))

Giggle is offline Female Member
    I sometimes gulp down ziplocks of chicken or beef, and keep on moving. Yes, cold is disgusting, but you can do it. Boiled eggs could also be portable.

So, some of my options are making my own homemade mass gainer shakes (which I already do at times with whey, oats, banana and pb) tuna, and bags of cold chicken or beef.

Anymore helpful tips?

Any other options or tips?.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    How bout making your own protein bars or muffins?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    How bout making your own protein bars or muffins?
    Well, I do substitute meals with Quest bars and my own homemade shakes. I might look into making my own bars but I do like the macros in the Quest bars.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uoflcards

Well, I do substitute meals with Quest bars and my own homemade shakes. I might look into making my own bars but I do like the macros in the Quest bars.
    Quest bars are AWESOME. Gotta watch that fiber though. I didn't realize how much fiber there is until I ate five in one day.....the bathroom and I spent a lot of time together that day. Lol

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    eat ur food cold man.. and who has to take a formal break to go to the bathroom? i could eat 1500 calories in 10 minutes.. let me re-phrase: often i eat 1500 calories in 10 minutes.

my advice: get it done man. tuffen up! that is all.
    Brett N likes this.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    eat ur food cold man.. and who has to take a formal break to go to the bathroom? i could eat 1500 calories in 10 minutes.. let me re-phrase: often i eat 1500 calories in 10 minutes.

my advice: get it done man. tuffen up! that is all.
    Yes but look at ya will ya!?! Damn freaky beast!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Yes but look at ya will ya!?! Damn freaky beast!
    Haha the OP looks like he should be able to handle a 10 minute meal as well. He just needs a little tuff love.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Meal frequency has negligible effects on body composition so if you can't eat during those times, just adjust the rest of your days intake to take this into account. My job is similar to yours in that I don't have much time to eat and hear up food so some days I'll just have lunch and fast the rest of the time or I'll bring in a homemade shake and leave it in the fridge until I'm ready to take it, how about nuts and seeds? Those are good sources of dietary fat and protein. Protein bars, small salads are easy to eat cold just leave the dressing on the side until ready to eat.

If time is that much of an issue just don't eat at work. Have a bigger breakfast, lunch and dinner and some snacks after work.

405, if you don't mind me asking what would you recommend I do for my food with my work schedule? I know you said it my food cold but what would you recommend?

I am eating a bigger breakfast to compensate and then a bigger lunch during my lunch break and then am eating 2 quest bars and a homemade shake during my breaks.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    I work construction. I get one 10 minute break and a 30 minute lunch. We don't have a microwave , stovetop or even a refrigerator. I have an igloo cooler and tupperware.

I am on a deficit but here is how I do it. I prepare all daily meals the night before.

am I wake up and dring a protein shake. 4am roughly. I drive to work and before getting out of truck I consume a cold egg white omelette. Ham, egg, brown rice all together. Think of it as a cold hard boiled egg. Not bad at all.

At break I have cold diced chicken, brown rice and an egg that I cooked together in a skillet and added a little soy sauce. Sort of a cold chicken fried rice with no frying.

Lunch same as break. On drive home, I sometimes eat some chicken and rice too. I have an hour commute so I do it on the interstate when traffic makes it easier to shovel in food with a large spoon. I have my 1 gallon bottle of water beside me.

Eat dinner at home and an evening snack. If you are creative, it is fairly easy to sneak in 3500 calories if not more. Time is not an issue.

Warming up food - who cares. It's just protein, carbs and fat. Nothing more. I'd eat it on the assembly line in a factory if it didn't get me fired.

Quote Originally Posted by uoflcards View Post
    405, if you don't mind me asking what would you recommend I do for my food with my work schedule? I know you said it my food cold but what would you recommend?

I am eating a bigger breakfast to compensate and then a bigger lunch during my lunch break and then am eating 2 quest bars and a homemade shake during my breaks.
    heres my training day breakfast:
    3 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 6 oz chicken breast all scrambled
    2 pieces raisin ezekiel toast
    1 cup oats, 40g raisins, 1 banana, 1/4 cup sugar free mrs butterworths all mixed together

1229cals, 103g pro, 152g carbs, 21g fat

LUNCH:
    1 pound 96% fat free beef, 1 cup brn rice all mixed together (i like mine with reduced sugar ketchup and tabasco all mixed together in a big bowl) , 300g broccoli

1263cals, 115g pro, 149g carbs, 23g fat

DINNER:

1 pound tilapia, 12oz sweet potato, 300g broccoli

845cals, 97g pro, 90g carbs, 11g fat

BEFORE BED:

250g lowfat cottage cheese, 250g frozen blueberries (thawed but cold), 2tbsp sugar free strawberry smuckers preserves all mixed together in a bowl (very tasty! i love this )

352cals, 35g pro, 39g carbs, 5g fat

TOTAL MACROS:
    3689cals
    350g pro
    430g carbs
    60g fat

obviously this would need adjusting to suit ur needs and goals but here is a rough idea and its done in 3 meals plus a bedtime meal (which i love in case i havent mentioned it). no need for snack time (isnt that for kids?? ) i would like a nap time though

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    heres my training day breakfast:
    3 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 6 oz chicken breast all scrambled
    2 pieces raisin ezekiel toast
    1 cup oats, 40g raisins, 1 banana, 1/4 cup sugar free mrs butterworths all mixed together

1229cals, 103g pro, 152g carbs, 21g fat

LUNCH:
    1 pound 96% fat free beef, 1 cup brn rice all mixed together (i like mine with reduced sugar ketchup and tabasco all mixed together in a big bowl) , 300g broccoli

1263cals, 115g pro, 149g carbs, 23g fat

DINNER:

1 pound tilapia, 12oz sweet potato, 300g broccoli

845cals, 97g pro, 90g carbs, 11g fat

BEFORE BED:

250g lowfat cottage cheese, 250g frozen blueberries (thawed but cold), 2tbsp sugar free strawberry smuckers preserves all mixed together in a bowl (very tasty! i love this )

352cals, 35g pro, 39g carbs, 5g fat

TOTAL MACROS:
    3689cals
    350g pro
    430g carbs
    60g fat

obviously this would need adjusting to suit ur needs and goals but here is a rough idea and its done in 3 meals plus a bedtime meal (which i love in case i havent mentioned it). no need for snack time (isnt that for kids?? ) i would like a nap time though
    Is this a maintenance diet for you, bulk, or cut? I'm currently on 3000calories, cutting and miring/missing the days of 4500calories . Oh and I second the notion for nap time! Hopefully my boss agrees with me

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Is this a maintenance diet for you, bulk, or cut? I'm currently on 3000calories, cutting and miring/missing the days of 4500calories . Oh and I second the notion for nap time! Hopefully my boss agrees with me
    Well actually doc that depends

I can use the above diet for all 3 depending how i structure my non training days. For example i can run the above diet on a cut by adding 2 consecutive non training/cardio only days at 1500 cals each of those days with less than 50g carbs.

I can run maintenance by eating this diet 4 days and low carb 1800cAls 3 days (out of 7).

I can bulk by running it 5 days per week..

Well actually doc that depends

I can use the above diet for all 3 depending how i structure my non training days. For example i can run the above diet on a cut by adding 2 consecutive non training/cardio only days at 1500 cals each of those days with less than 50g carbs.

I can run maintenance by eating this diet 4 days and low carb 1800cAls 3 days (out of 7).

I can bulk by running it 5 days per week..

I see so your philosophy is similar to that of GB in that as a general rule of thumb, the difference between your cuts and bulks are mainly carbs. Bulking your keep higher carbs or cycle them with more high carb days, for maintenance your cycle them while keeping intake at expenditure, and for cutting you cycle them with more low/no carb days. Interesting! Do you ever go higher with the fats and drop carbs to compensate? Not necessarily in a keto type diet but do you always keep your fats relatively low? What have you noticed different if you've tried both?

Also thank you for taking the time to clarify that out for me!

I see so your philosophy is similar to that of GB in that as a general rule of thumb, the difference between your cuts and bulks are mainly carbs. Bulking your keep higher carbs or cycle them with more high carb days, for maintenance your cycle them while keeping intake at expenditure, and for cutting you cycle them with more low/no carb days. Interesting! Do you ever go higher with the fats and drop carbs to compensate? Not necessarily in a keto type diet but do you always keep your fats relatively low? What have you noticed different if you've tried both?
    Also thank you for taking the time to clarify that out for me!
    Yes carbs make all the difference for me dietarily. By default cyclng/reducing carbs also cycles and reduces calories. I have just started considering increasing fats and keeping carbs low for a. Longer period of time. I am in the beginning stages of experimenting with fats. Am considering keto actually which i have referenced a bit in my thread. Havent jumped off yet primarily cuz i expect to be hungry! (Dont like being hungry loll). I suppose i dont have confidence that 180g fat will provide the same satiety 1620cals from protein will. I like being full (duh).

And ur welcome! Glad to elaborate..

Yes carbs make all the difference for me dietarily. By default cyclng/reducing carbs also cycles and reduces calories. I have just started considering increasing fats and keeping carbs low for a. Longer period of time. I am in the beginning stages of experimenting with fats. Am considering keto actually which i have referenced a bit in my thread. Havent jumped off yet primarily cuz i expect to be hungry! (Dont like being hungry loll). I suppose i dont have confidence that 180g fat will provide the same satiety 1620cals from protein will. I like being full (duh).

And ur welcome! Glad to elaborate..
    Yea protein definitely wins in the satiety department but fats should help keep you feeling full more than carbs unless you bloat easily or something. I haven't ran keto personally but know ppl who do and they've made good progress. I'm basically a "eat what's in front of me (really shovel down my throat lol) and tweak it to fit my macros/calorie allotment".

Thread Information