Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: need advice for post work out meal ....

swithuk is offline Associate Member

need advice for post work out meal ....

im trying to put on lean muscle and burn fat. im running hgh and low dose of test

i need advice on best post work out meal ..... at the mo i eat a can of tuna (or mackerel ) and 3 boiled eggs about 30/40 mins after i train e.d

is this ok or should i try other combinations ?

is the post work out meal more important than the evening meal on work out days ?

hope you can help ! thanks !

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    PWO meal is always good to have protein and carb IMO.. make sure to hit ur total macros for the day most importantly IMO

usually i hit at least 50g protein and 100g carbs PWO but this is just me and not a necessity. i do suggest u get some of both.. probably 50g each (ish) would be a good start.. some say get twice as many carbs as protein but i have tried to veer away from micromanagement to this degree as i have found as it pertains to me it doesnt have that much of an impact,,
    3day likes this.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    I do carb/protein shake right after workout and 1hour later meat/rice(a lot but just like 405 said depends on your macros) and salad.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Protein/carb here as well. Any quality sources will do.

Many thanks for your replies . Its greatly appreciated !
    i keep meaning to spend time in this section as diet is my weak spot

So im on point eating 110g of tuna or mackerel and 3 boiled eggs ? as a post work out meal then ?

Quote Originally Posted by swithuk
    Many thanks for your replies . Its greatly appreciated !
    i keep meaning to spend time in this section as diet is my weak spot

So im on point eating 110g of tuna or mackerel and 3 boiled eggs ? as a post work out meal then ?
    Fish is ok, but need to add some carbs to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post
    Fish is ok, but need to add some carbs to it!
    ok understood . would the yolks in the 3 boiled eggs not be enough carbs ?

There is NO carbs in yolk buddy! Just protein and fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post
    There is NO carbs in yolk buddy! Just protein and fat!
    really . shit ! maybe i need to go back to school
    what carb should i eat then with the fish for post work out ? im trying to put on lean muscle and burn b.f

really . shit ! maybe i need to go back to school
    what carb should i eat then with the fish for post work out ? im trying to put on lean muscle and burn b.f
    Potatoes, rice, yams, pasta...

no offense dude but asking questions like this makes me think u have a lot of learning to do!

read these:
    Bulking:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...ulking***.html

Cutting:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...1-cutting.html

id also be interested in ur complete stats (age, weight, height, bf%) as well as ur current diet including total cals and macros as well as ur workout split and the amount of cardio ur doing as well as the type and duration..??
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 05-20-2013 at 11:14 AM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    For my post work out meal I eat........ Ermm, whatever the fuk I want.... Hit them macros
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    For my post work out meal I eat........ Ermm, whatever the fuk I want.... Hit them macros
    lol.

My most recent PWO meal has been my protein pudding.... cus' it's just fckin delicious!

1.5 scoops ON casein
    1 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 packet stevia
    1tbsp natty PB

60/5/12

Plus 1/2 cup oats w/ splenda, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup blueberries.

5/40/2.5

wat do u do with the ingredients to make it pudding? blend and chill?

i had some sweetened vanilla almond milk that was purchased accidentally the other day, have u had thAT!>?? man its good!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Best PWO snack.

2 scoops protein powder
    1 cup of oats
    2 tbs of peanut butter
    2 tsp of splenda
    ~ 1/3 cup of water.

Mix it all up and it taste just like chocolate no back cookies. You have to experiment with the amount of water to put in. Too much and it's watery, to little and the protein powder won't mix up. Some time I'll add 2 tbs of almonds it I'm feeling crazy.

2 servings
    Macros per serving = cals =390 Fat= 11.5 Carbs = 33.5 Pro = 38.5

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    lol.

My most recent PWO meal has been my protein pudding.... cus' it's just fckin delicious!

1.5 scoops ON casein
    1 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 packet stevia
    1tbsp natty PB

60/5/12

Plus 1/2 cup oats w/ splenda, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup blueberries.

5/40/2.5
    I think I'm gonna have a bash at some kind of a protein pudding of some sort.... I like the look of this

Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    wat do u do with the ingredients to make it pudding? blend and chill?

i had some sweetened vanilla almond milk that was purchased accidentally the other day, have u had thAT!>?? man its good!
    Doesn't necessarily need to be chilled. I mix em all in a bowl (except the PB) with a wire whisk, which is very important because it's the ONLY way to get all the lumps out. When it's done right, it's velvety and smooth just like real pudding. I then 'swirl' the PB in with a butter knife... I don't like it blended in, I like getting chunks of PB here and there.

Never have had the sweetened almond milk, but i'm sure it's delicious with all that sugar they add! I really wanna try the chocolate... maybe Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Best PWO snack.

2 scoops protein powder
    1 cup of oats
    2 tbs of peanut butter
    2 tsp of splenda
    ~ 1/3 cup of water.

Mix it all up and it taste just like chocolate no back cookies. You have to experiment with the amount of water to put in. Too much and it's watery, to little and the protein powder won't mix up. Some time I'll add 2 tbs of almonds it I'm feeling crazy.

2 servings
    Macros per serving = cals =390 Fat= 11.5 Carbs = 33.5 Pro = 38.5
    Similar to my pudding minus the oats. I'd just use egg whites or almond milk in place of the water. Hmm... maybe I'll add oats to my pudding tomorrow vs. having em separately, cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I think I'm gonna have a bash at some kind of a protein pudding of some sort.... I like the look of this
    Try the one I outlined above.. you won't be disappointed.

no offense dude but asking questions like this makes me think u have a lot of learning to do!

read these:
    Bulking:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...ulking***.html

Cutting:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...1-cutting.html

id also be interested in ur complete stats (age, weight, height, bf%) as well as ur current diet including total cals and macros as well as ur workout split and the amount of cardio ur doing as well as the type and duration..??
    none taken mate ! i greatly appreciate your time .....and your 100% right
    i will have a good look at the links youve given . thanks

im 40 , 90 kg , 5ft.11 . i think im about 20% b.f
    cardio : is jogging x3 a week for about 40 mins
    gym : x5 a week for about 45 mins a time . i do 1 body part a time , various sets. i dont do legs tho as i run and they look fine

diet - i cant give specifics but basically :
    breakfast : bran flakes with banana and currents (soy milk . not real milk) or porridge with banana and currents - e.d
    lunch/ after gym : tuna or mackerel (about 120g) plus x3 boiled eggs - x 5 days
    afternoon snack : handful of nuts . almonds,brazil nuts , walnuts or a can of tuna x 5 days
    evening meal : this is really varied . sometimes roast chicken n veggies or spag bol or sausages beans and potatoes
    **i have a juicer so once or twice a week instead of an evening meal i will juice x3 apples x3 carrots, handful of spinach ,big clump of broccoli and half a red pepper

at the week end i will graze more and maybe have one really dirty meal like fish n chips or go out to a restaurant . i will also drink quite a bit of wine or beer . i dont drink at all during the week . im trying to cut down my consumption at the weekend ....
    im also running g.h 5-7i.u e.d . t4 100mcg e.d and a low dose of test
    my aim is to put on lean muscle and drop b.f . i dont want to get too big or b.b
    many thanks in advance...
    Last edited by swithuk; 05-21-2013 at 04:30 AM.

bump

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I'd read that cutting stickie and the carb cycling stickie and post up a diet for critique. Your current diet is awful.

What test dosage? For how long have you been running it? How long will you be running it?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swithuk View Post

gym : x5 a week for about 45 mins a time . i do 1 body part a time , various sets. i dont do legs tho as i run and they look fine

breakfast : bran flakes with banana and currents (soy milk . not real milk) or porridge with banana and currents - e.d
    afternoon snack : handful of nuts . almonds,brazil nuts , walnuts or a can of tuna x 5 days
    evening meal : this is really varied . sometimes roast chicken n veggies or spag bol or sausages beans and potatoes
    **i have a juicer so once or twice a week instead of an evening meal i will juice x3 apples x3 carrots, handful of spinach ,big clump of broccoli and half a red pepper

at the week end i will graze more and maybe have one really dirty meal like fish n chips or go out to a restaurant . i will also drink quite a bit of wine or beer . i dont drink at all during the week . im trying to cut down my consumption at the weekend ....
    my aim is to put on lean muscle and drop b.f . i dont want to get too big or b.b
    Start training your legs!!!

dude your whole entire regimen needs to be scrapped and re-done IMO including the compounds ur running (and wasting IMO) prematurely..

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'd read that cutting stickie and the carb cycling stickie and post up a diet for critique. Your current diet is awful.

What test dosage? For how long have you been running it? How long will you be running it?
    ok will do . im running 200mgs of test a week for 2 week . i will bump this up to 400mgs a week in 2 weeks and run that for about 8 weeks

i didnt realize my diet was so bad .. i will read the stickies and change . but as a quick fix what should i do first ?

dude your whole entire regimen needs to be scrapped and re-done IMO including the compounds ur running (and wasting IMO) prematurely..
    ok . i didnt realize all was so bad ...
    ok so i will go back n read all the links youve sent me and change regime . but whats the biggest thing i need / can change immediately ?

and whats wrong with the compounds im running ? which ones should i run then ? or what can i change not to waist them ?

many thanks

Why are you running any test and why are you tapering it?

Honestly you should come off and learn how to diet before you even consider cycling.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

i tapered because after my first shot i felt so pumped and wired i thought if i did 2 of those a week would be too much

im running test cause i hit 40 and im running g.h

what if i fix my evening meal ? surely my breakfast n lunch meals arent that bad ..?

Read the stickies, that's your quick fix, not gear.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ok . i didnt realize all was so bad ...
    ok so i will go back n read all the links youve sent me and change regime . but whats the biggest thing i need / can change immediately ?
    [QUOTE=swithuk;6546481]
    wheres the protein? basically all carbs and a fair amount of sugar

not bad but PWO carbs would be ok here

anytime u eat it is a meal and this one does not offer a lot IMo..

while juicing is not bad for supplementation IMO it is not a good replacement for a meal. u need protein every time u eat IMO.

aside from your very weak diet this is where the problems really escalate. alcohol does not go well with a diet and workout regimen, especially one where it is serious enuff in nature to include compounds which put your overall health at risk. you are basically undoing everything u worked for all week (assuming u worked and dieted properly which you have not demonstrated that here).. you also say you are "trying to cut down consumption at the weekend"?? what do u mean u are trying?? in other words u dont have the will power to "DO" so u label ur half hearted efforts with "TRY" and i suppose hope that s good enuff?? your discipline is weak and due to this should NOT be running compounds.

i cant see where u would be taking advantage of the GH and would speculate youre wasting it. define "low dose" test?? u know when u run test it shuts down ur natty production? if the dose is not high enuff u will basically just be replacing or slightly optimizing your natty test levels at the risk of permanently damaging ur HPTA as well as all the other potential risks that come with running test??

IMO youre NOT going to get the results ur looking for doing what ur doing and this above regimen screams lack of knowledge and preparation.. IM NOT even going to get into the "i dont do legs" bit.. i will say i used to be of the same mentality and you will never reach close to ur full potential as long as u ignore half the muscle in ur body..

you need to take a serious look at ur priorities and make a responsible decision according to what they are.. either go to the bar and get hammered on weekends and do ur best in the gym without compounds or commit to bodybuilding properly and lose the party lifestyle long enuff to achieve ur goals. dont continue to half ass..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 05-22-2013 at 06:06 AM.

ok many thanks for that . your right .i suppose in a way i knew this and thats why ive avoided this section . i will read the links and come back to you

what is HPTA ?

ok many thanks for that . your right .i suppose in a way i knew this and thats why ive avoided this section . i will read the links and come back to you

what is HPTA ?
    good idea.. what is HPTA?? a good reason why u should NOT be running test with such a lack of knowledge!

hypothalmic pituitary testicular axis:
    Hypothalamic–pituitary–gonadal axis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is what can happen to u from running test:
    http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...ogonadism.html

ok ive altered my diet from above . ok its not perfect but its a diet i can manage now and then refine it as i go along

i can manage 4 meals a day . please let me know what you think

1. breakfast - 150g porridge or bran flakes with soy milk , 100g protein (like tuna )

2. lunch / after training - 3 / 4 boiled eggs *no yolks (i try to have a banana before training )

3. afternoon snack - low fat rice crackers with topping like marmite and 100g protein like tuna

4. evening meal 150g protein like tuna or lean chicken with steamed veg
    *** i believe in juicing so whenever possible i will have this meal - x2 apples , x2 carrots , 1/4 red pepper , large handful of spinach , large handful of kale or other leafy veg , 1/3 clove of broccoli (this will all be whole raw veg ) i will have this with 100/150g lean protein like chicken or tuna

training - 5 days a week - about 45mins
    cardio - jog 40 mins, at least 3 times a week - at least 1 of these will be fasted cardio (i also will walk the dog for 45 min e.d if this counts ?)

my aim is to put on lean muscle but mostly to reduce b.f - im around 20% b.f

thanks in advance

bump

ok ive altered my diet from above . ok its not perfect but its a diet i can manage now and then refine it as i go along

i can manage 4 meals a day . please let me know what you think

1. breakfast - 150g porridge or bran flakes with soy milk , 100g protein (like tuna )
    u say 100g protein, do u mean the protein source weighs 100g or do u mean ur eating 100g protein??

2. lunch / after training - 3 / 4 boiled eggs *no yolks (i try to have a banana before training )
    PWO carb would be good and prob a bit more protein..

3. afternoon snack - low fat rice crackers with topping like marmite and 100g protein like tuna
    snack? we dont eat "snacks".. if ur eating, its a meal! what is marmite? again same question applies to protein..

4. evening meal 150g protein like tuna or lean chicken with steamed veg
    same protein question, looks ok here ..

*** i believe in juicing so whenever possible i will have this meal - x2 apples , x2 carrots , 1/4 red pepper , large handful of spinach , large handful of kale or other leafy veg , 1/3 clove of broccoli (this will all be whole raw veg ) i will have this with 100/150g lean protein like chicken or tuna
    juicing is fine

training - 5 days a week - about 45mins
    whats ur workout split?

cardio - jog 40 mins, at least 3 times a week - at least 1 of these will be fasted cardio (i also will walk the dog for 45 min e.d if this counts ?)
    if u can maintain @120 heart rate walking id say it is good to go ..

my aim is to put on lean muscle but mostly to reduce b.f - im around 20% b.f

thanks in advance

BOLD.. ABOVE
    need total cals and macros..

many thanks for your input . its much appreciated !

yes i mean the protein source weighs 100g - is this wrong ?
    marmite is a spread . its vegamite in australia
    i work out 5 days a week for about 45 mins a time - m. shoulders, t. chest, w. biceps and tri, t.back, f.abdomen n legs
    is there a site which can help me with the cals and macros ?

bump

many thanks for your input . its much appreciated !

yes i mean the protein source weighs 100g - is this wrong ?
    marmite is a spread . its vegamite in australia
    i work out 5 days a week for about 45 mins a time - m. shoulders, t. chest, w. biceps and tri, t.back, f.abdomen n legs
    is there a site which can help me with the cals and macros ?
    myfitnesspaldotcom

caloriecountdotcom (what i use)

great . thanks !

WHAT SHOULD MY Daily Calories Target BE ?

im 5ft10.5 , 40yrs,90kg i want to put on lean muscle but mostly reduce b.f

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    WHAT SHOULD MY Daily Calories Target BE ?

im 5ft10.5 , 40yrs,90kg i want to put on lean muscle but mostly reduce b.f

Lean mass x 15 = TDEE

or check out the TDEE thread HERE

Remember these are just estimates, there are many ways to calculate an estimated TDEE, in the end you'll need to watch the scales and tweak it to learn your own body!

many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information