RookieForNow is offline New Member

Nutrion Advice for Morning Workout

Hey all , have had to start working out in the morning I arrive at gym at 6:45am and was hoping to get some advice on whether I should eat before working out and if so what ?

Cheers

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RookieForNow
    Hey all , have had to start working out in the morning I arrive at gym at 6:45am and was hoping to get some advice on whether I should eat before working out and if so what ?

Cheers
    I eat 1 hr before I train. In the morning it's important to eat cause you have been fasting all night with no food. Eggs and oatmeal is my normal breakfast. 8 egg whites, 2 yolks and 1 cup of oatmeal with a 16 oz glass of oj. My favorite meal if the day

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Personally I'd be inclined to backload the night before and have a carb rich meal before bed. I can't eat anything substantial within 90 minutes of lifting which would mean eating at 5.15am for your workout. Even then it's only a shake with 40g each of carbs and protein (and I backload too).

Ultimately it's how you feel, if eating close to a workout gives you a poor workout then don't, if you can stomach it then work out how much of whatever it is that gives you the best result. If that's just a small amount of whey then that's all you should have.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information