Complete novice is offline Associate Member

Losing the will...

*was suggested to me that I post this in here*

Hello all

I have low testosterone (posted many times in the forum) I have had lots of different treatments, all with negative effects. But that's a whole thread on its own.

Anyway, I've been dieting and training for over 10 years, but don't feel like I have a good body.. I'm big but carry a lot of fat too. I have tried all sorts of diets over time, I give them all a good chance but none seem to work with me (maybe down to the low test).

I am currently 250lb, 6ft and 35 next month high bf 30% +. I have recently lost 18lb over the last 3 months, but have been living on 1800 cal a day, mainly protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. I haven't had a cheat meal, alcohol and have been as strict as possible. Yet still I've only lost 18lb... People can make complete body changes in that time, yet I feel the same only minimally lighter.

So that brings me onto my thoughts of trying a course to try and help my body change, as I feel I'm at a point where my body doesn't want to change naturally.

I don't know what I should take really, I want to lose fat and become more defined. I feel I am big enough, size wise and defiantly don't want to get any bigger.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mate can you tell us how often you lift and how often (and for how long) you do cardio?

Your job is fairly active?

what macro split have you been following?

What are your testosterone levels ?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Sounds like it might all be caused by your low t levels. If you could get that under control I be the rest would follow. Easier said than done though... What are your test. and thyroid levels anyway? Even after getting my test levels higher it was not until I got my hyperthyroid treated that I started to really feel better and be able to change my body. Now, at 51, it responds almost as well as when I was in my 20's. Good luck by the way!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Complete novice View Post
    *was suggested to me that I post this in here*

Hello all

I have low testosterone (posted many times in the forum) I have had lots of different treatments, all with negative effects. But that's a whole thread on its own.

Anyway, I've been dieting and training for over 10 years, but don't feel like I have a good body.. I'm big but carry a lot of fat too. I have tried all sorts of diets over time, I give them all a good chance but none seem to work with me (maybe down to the low test).

I am currently 250lb, 6ft and 35 next month high bf 30% +. I have recently lost 18lb over the last 3 months, but have been living on 1800 cal a day, mainly protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. I haven't had a cheat meal, alcohol and have been as strict as possible. Yet still I've only lost 18lb... People can make complete body changes in that time, yet I feel the same only minimally lighter.

So that brings me onto my thoughts of trying a course to try and help my body change, as I feel I'm at a point where my body doesn't want to change naturally.

I don't know what I should take really, I want to lose fat and become more defined. I feel I am big enough, size wise and defiantly don't want to get any bigger.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    hey man, I feel your pain!.........im in the exact same boat as you, ive been training and dieting for over 10 years with little gains. ill train and diet hard for a few months, get no were, lose motivation and eat crap again.

I have low test and its a pain in the ass!......I have been doing a lot of reading on TRT, clomid therapy, diet, supps etc....with peoples advice on here I have taken a step back on self medicating TRT or clomid (for now anyway).

I am taking a list of vits and mins and have been set up with help from a Vet on here, I will be getting blood tests end of august so I will know then if what I am doing is helping!.......I will report back on this thread to let you know.

if you want to know the supps I am taking then I will show you? I wouldn't do a cycle just yet mate, wait and see what a proper diet and supps can do first, also go to docs and get help if you can (I know some docs are useless, I don't think mine is going to help me)

I don't know your training etc but 1800 cals at your size seems very low!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's what I have done in the past that works well for me

BTW, this is a "non body builder approach" that transitions into one. So bear with me...

I picked up the Atkins book and read the whole thing. Learned alot about carbs and how the body loves them so it can easily store excess calories as fat.

I went on the Atkins, following it religiously for a few months.

I was losing 1/2 pound a day easily for the first two months. Things began to slow down after that. But i kept it up and lost more weight.

During this time, i began to walk the dog around the park at night for an hour.

Within a few months, I was noticeably thinner and feeling alot better. People were commenting on all the weight loss.

I slowly began strength training (again). This continued to where I am today, around 14% BF, 6' and until recently, 240lbs. This was about an eight year process.

There are many approaches, this is the approach i used.

Good luck!

---Roman

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm not quite in the same boat. My T was low and I still fight to maintain it above 450. I have always worked out, sometimes harder than others. Diet was always a modified Atkins approach. I would lose 20 pounds then gain it back... I rode that roller coaster for about 10 years. When I started HRT and finally got my numbers to move over the 400 mark I started to notice more change in my body. I was working out very hard doing HIIT fasted 3 morning a week and lifting in the afternoon 2-3 times a week. I was tracking everything I ate and doing pretty good at keeping my Cals at 2100 daily with a 50% protein 30% carb and 20% fat ratio. I dropped from 212 lbs and 26%BF down to 189lbs and 13% in about 6 months. I have maintained that for about a month now. I am going to stick with it and try to get leaner and bigger. You can do it but like others have said get the T up, track your food intake and get into a good workout routine with fasted HIIT and weight training. If I can do it at 52 you can do it too... just dig deep and motivate!

Thread Information