Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Eating on cycle?

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member

Eating on cycle?

How many calories do you eat on cycle, both bulking and cutting? Do you just eat 250-500 calories over/under maintainance? Macros?

Blog Entries
    Depends on your goals..

Gaining muscle while staying as lean as possible

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Depends on how long you've been training. In your first year or two you have a lot more potential for growth so you can afford to eat at more of a surplus, say around surplus of 500 calories daily. but after that you'll want to hone in on your diet a bit more and hit an accurate 200-300 surplus, aiming for half a pound to a pound a week, a pound being a bit more excessive.

As for cutting the slower and smoother you cut the less muscle you will sacrifice. Aim to lose a pound a week.

A lot of people recommend a 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fats macro split, but IMO the protein is excessive and I use a 25/50/25 p/c/f split on my lean bulking macros. When I cut tho i imagine it'll be more like a 40/40/20 split.

Been lifting for 6 years, started my first cycle not long ago. Hear alot of people saying you need to eat more than when your not on gear.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbrah View Post
    Been lifting for 6 years, started my first cycle not long ago. Hear alot of people saying you need to eat more than when your not on gear.
    I'm not an expert but I'd say you do, there's a lot more potential for growth and much faster recovery, both of which = more food.

If I were to jump on cycle I'd probably start out with a 1000 surplus during the most active weeks (straight away with dbol , 4-5 weeks with test I Spose) and see what kind of muscle/fat gains I make.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Don't you think you should have resolved this before you started cycling?

If you want to bulk you need to eat a surplus. Every body is different. As is the strength of every UGL gear. some may gain fat at a 500cal surplus and some might even lose it.

Hope you know what you doing cycling as a teenager.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information