Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Khazima
  • 1 Post By Hard_Body
  • 2 Post By energizer bunny
  • 1 Post By energizer bunny

Thread: need carbs!

ojm3 is offline Associate Member

need carbs!

About to start back on a bulking phase. I'm working a new job and am having problems getting carbs. Protien and fats are good but I'm really only getting carbs from bread and my protien shakes. Can anyone recommend a carb supplement? Or high carb foods besides pasta? I admit I know very little about carbs and where to get them. I'm starting to realize how my deficit is slowing my gains.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ojm3 View Post
    About to start back on a bulking phase. I'm working a new job and am having problems getting carbs. Protien and fats are good but I'm really only getting carbs from bread and my protien shakes. Can anyone recommend a carb supplement? Or high carb foods besides pasta? I admit I know very little about carbs and where to get them. I'm starting to realize how my deficit is slowing my gains.
    You could easily microwave a sweet potato, wrap it in tin foil and eat it anytime. Blend your protein shake with oats is another good way. Cold pasta salad.........these all work if you don't have access to a microwave.

Thanks BB much appreciated!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Whatever you do, don't put the foil on before putting in the microwave!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Whatever you do, don't put the foil on before putting in the microwave!
    Haha I can leave the fork on the plate though right?

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    rice and oatmeal..... you shouldn't be getting your carbs from protein shakes

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Maltodextrin is a cheap carb supplement, but food is definitely the best option. Pasta is an easy way to get a lot of carbs, can easily fit in 150g carbs per meal.
    ojm3 likes this.

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    You should not be looking in to all these "carb supplements" , nothing beats whole food, Do you think the best bodybuilders in the world built their bodies taking carb supplements or meal re placers, You need to put in work and meal prep, Whole food will give you the best results. And yes like Khaz said, pasta is a very easy way to get carbs in, I just started incorporating into my diet again, beats rice for taste, just a bit of pasta sauce works,
    Last edited by Hard_Body; 12-20-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    ojm3 likes this.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Out of all the macro nutrients.....i can't honestly see how you can struggle to get enough carbs in!.....carbs are easy, rice, potatoes, breads, pasta to.....and the amount of ways they can be cooked! and lastly they taste sooooooo good!....
    Rida5d and ojm3 like this.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Sorry man , but I've always had difficulties in hitting my protein % .. Carbs were never a problem , should never be.. I guess they might be the easiest macro to get.. But that could be just me ..

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Out of all the macro nutrients.....i can't honestly see how you can struggle to get enough carbs in!.....carbs are easy, rice, potatoes, breads, pasta to.....and the amount of ways they can be cooked! and lastly they taste sooooooo good!....
    U beat me to it.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Rida5d View Post
    Sorry man , but I've always had difficulties in hitting my protein % .. Carbs were never a problem , should never be.. I guess they might be the easiest macro to get.. But that could be just me ..
    Exactly.....for me getting enough quality protein was/is an issue, ive always had to supplement with a protein shake......everything about carbs is a win, taste, texture, variety, easily made and stored.......i forgot oats! gota love oats and natural honey.....

Rida5d is offline Member
    I'm restricting my carbs , going keto as I can ..
    Damn .. 100 gms of rice 28 carbs..
    100 gm of a white bagel that 50 grams carbs..
    In a blink , I hit the fu*** carb % of the day..

I'm restricting my carbs , going keto as I can ..
    Damn .. 100 gms of rice 28 carbs..
    100 gm of a white bagel that 50 grams carbs..
    In a blink , I hit the fu*** carb % of the day..
    Funnily enough, i am hitting a CKD starting in January, got a stagg do in Madrid in May and need to look decent.....

Rida5d is offline Member
    Funnily enough, i am hitting a CKD starting in January, got a stagg do in Madrid in May and need to look decent.....
    First of all good luck.
    Remember 3 things:
    1- bad girls bar.
    2- Ibiza night club..
    3- don't take much money on you in down town (puerta del sol) at night ,

First of all good luck.
    Remember 3 things:
    1- bad girls bar.
    2- Ibiza night club..
    3- don't take much money on you in down town (puerta del sol) at night ,
    Cheers mate.....ill keep those in mind.
    Rida5d likes this.

Hey guys thanks for all the responses! I've started eating plain white bagels and oatmeal for breakfast. Also will be incorporating more potatoes and some cold pasta salad into the diet as well

This is true lol I know about breads and pastas but I was trying to see what else was out there to consume l. I'm getting carbs just not enough for a bulk phase so I wanted some more insight as to what's high carb foods

Cody95 is offline Member
    Well you can just eat rice.. or get cyto carb it's a powder with I believe 52 carbs per serving. It's like $20 on ebay.

tsarrast is offline New Member
    it's amazing how different peoples bodies are... my wife has a way higher metabolism than me and needs carbs - even if she's leaning up... me not so much.

workinprogress21 is offline Junior Member
    You could buy carb shakes

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Let me get this straight: you're having a hard time figuring out how to eat the one macronutrient that everybody seems to have a hard time NOT eating? lol. Incomplete list:

Rice
    Pasta
    Potatoes/yams
    Oats
    Lentils/Beans/Legumes
    Grits
    Grains/breads
    Cous Cous
    Fruits & to a lesser extent, veggies

Just for starters.

Cody95 is offline Member
    Most people have trouble eating protein, I've never heard of someone having trouble eating carbs. Simply you can eat lots of fruit and rice, problem solved, you're welcome. Plus you can buy a carb sup, for instance cyto carb seems to be a good one.

Thread Information