Thread: Cutting diet.

treant is offline Junior Member

Cutting diet.

So I've been on a calorically reduced diet for some time now trying to lose the fat I stupidly put on during a dirty bulk.

But it's been a little too intense I think.. I switched from eating like a shit tonne of everything to like this:

Breakfast: 4 whole eggs, some cream of wheat and a glass of milk.

Lunch: whole wheat sandwich with shaved turkey breast

dinner: Steak and vegetables

Possible second dinner: fish filet's and a glass of water

then two protein shakes, one at like midnight and the other at about 3 in the AM when I wake up to piss.

I have been losing maybe 1-2 pounds of fat per week... but feel like for some reason i'm not losing as fast as I should BUT ALSO feel kinda weak.

so yeah. any thoughts on that?

uhit is offline Member
    Well, optimal fatloss is 1-2lbs per week. But remember, the faster it is done the higher the chance you may lose some muscle in the process.

The weak feeling will always happen due to lack of calories, however what I found helped is the have my carbs about 30mins before my workout. Looking at what you eat, the only carb source you have is the milk and the sandwich. How about working out inbetween those times.

Also, for better advice post the calories and macro nutrients of the foods you eat as well as your height/weight/bf % (if possible) so we can give more accurate information

I'm not sure of the calories.. Id estimate them to be about 2400 and my grams of protein is probably about 250 or so.

I am 5'10"/196lbs id estimate BF is between 25 and 30 perhaps.. I can kinda see abs and a bit of intercostals or something but definitely theres like.. more hip than waist you know?

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by treant View Post
    I'm not sure of the calories.. Id estimate them to be about 2400 and my grams of protein is probably about 250 or so.

I am 5'10"/196lbs id estimate BF is between 25 and 30 perhaps.. I can kinda see abs and a bit of intercostals or something but definitely theres like.. more hip than waist you know?
    You're fine then.

You mean just keep on keepin' on with that plan?

uhit is offline Member
    You mean just keep on keepin' on with that plan?
    Yes. Keep going until fat loss halts.
    When that happens throw in a few 20min cardio sessions throughout the week to create a bigger deficit

Alright cool thanks man.. Oh hey another question..

Is jogging in the morning good for reducing fat? Or is jogging too strenuous to be fueled by fat stores?

ZeroSumGainz is offline New Member
    Are you thinking fasted cardio? Honestly any amount of extra activity is going to help with the fat loss even throwing in a walk at lunch every bit helps. The only caveat being that you don't eat those calories back.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSumGainz View Post
    Are you thinking fasted cardio? Honestly any amount of extra activity is going to help with the fat loss even throwing in a walk at lunch every bit helps. The only caveat being that you don't eat those calories back.

Well yeah.. fasted jogging in the morning. My concern is that jogging is too intense to burn fat and would be fueled anaerobically from like glucose and that since my glucose is low or gone in the morning (cus i eat no carbs for my last meal) I'd be burning muscle..

Is this a legit concern or really inconsequential?

uhit is offline Member
    Well yeah.. fasted jogging in the morning. My concern is that jogging is too intense to burn fat and would be fueled anaerobically from like glucose and that since my glucose is low or gone in the morning (cus i eat no carbs for my last meal) I'd be burning muscle..

Is this a legit concern or really inconsequential?
    Jogging isn't intense at all. Considered as LISS.

IF you were doing interval sprint training then yes, its a concern.

You'll be fine with jogging

BulldogMatt is offline Junior Member
    I usually do HIIT training 1-2 a week and experienced no muscle loss so far. That said, I always make sure to have BCAA before that. Should I be more worried now, as I am reverse dieting and probably it is going to be the last hurrah before getting down to single digit body fat. Also I do that with mild 15-20% calorie deficit only, and during reverse diet to have a higher baseline.

Alright thanks for the info.. I guess I CAN jog... but now.. Do I WANT to... heh.. no.. but I should...

Thread Information