nottzlad26 is offline New Member

body fat

how can i get my body fat down and what stuff can i take

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by nottzlad26
    how can i get my body fat down and what stuff can i take
    your going to need to improve your diet and do cardio

i do cardio and use weights so your saying do more cardio then weights how do i sort my diet out

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nottzlad26 View Post
    i do cardio and use weights so your saying do more cardio then weights how do i sort my diet out
    Check out the what are you eating thread, as this can give you an idea'(& also log your meals)...

Like Bio Stated cardio(in the fat burning zone for 30-45 min, anything less than 20 really isn't doing much(you want to sustain your bpm(in your fat burning zone) for at least 20 min to get anything positive out of it... So slower but steady burns your fat, higher bpm(over fat burning zone is cardiovascular) still great but two different ideas...

Carb cycling is great for lowering bf% while maintaining muscle tissue... Eat at a caloric deficit of 500 under your TDEE...just some food for thought...

whats best machines to go on

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Check out the what are you eating thread, as this can give you an idea'(& also log your meals)...

Like Bio Stated cardio(in the fat burning zone for 30-45 min, anything less than 20 really isn't doing much(you want to sustain your bpm(in your fat burning zone) for at least 20 min to get anything positive out of it... So slower but steady burns your fat, higher bpm(over fat burning zone is cardiovascular) still great but two different ideas...

Carb cycling is great for lowering bf% while maintaining muscle tissue... Eat at a caloric deficit of 500 under your TDEE...just some food for thought...
    Right here. ^^^

JohnnyKirk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nottzlad26 View Post
    whats best machines to go on
    are you a total newbie?

yes iam my bad

then we need to see what you are eating every day?

i have breakfast dinner and tea

i eat pasta rice cus cus veggies chicken

i have breakfast dinner and tea i eat pasta rice cus cus veggies chicken
    how much with each meal? Are you weighing all your food everyday to make sure you are eating enough? That's how you take total control over your body

i dont weigh it everyday i would say about a cup full

i dont weigh it everyday i would say about a cup full
    in order to get your bf down the only real good way to do it is to weigh everything to determine how much you are eating and what it takes to make your body run. Once you figure that part out then it's easy. You take food away and you loose. You eat more and you gain. The biggest issue is when people are not doing that they usually are either not eating enough forcing the body into starvation mode or are overheating. Either one doesn't work. Nutrition is the biggest part of your goal

i will do that then its hard doing it all for the first time

i will do that then its hard doing it all for the first time
    it is but once you get it down its easy. I have been doing this for many many years and I don't even think about it anymore. I have a couple of days that I carve out some time to prep food for the week. I BBQ off 3 savings packs of boneless skinless chicken breast, boil off a big pot off brown rice, make up 7 sweet potatoes, and make up 5 breakfasts to take to work with me. This way I eat breakfast before work and bring 4 meals ed with me to work and only have to make two more meals after I get home in the evenings. It's all about prep. You have to put the time into preparing your food to be successful in this game
    NACH3 likes this.

this is how much body fat ive got
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails body fat-image-1227371407.jpg  

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Start here

225g protein
    250g carbs
    50g fat

Split that somehow into 5 meals per day. Doesn't have to be an even amount each meal.

See how you go after 2 weeks and we can look at dropping a few carbs. Add 20-30 mins cardio after each lifting session too.

If you want to post up your meal plan for critique please do so.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

25-30 % would be my guess

my body fat is 31.4%

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Figure out your TDEE then subtract 500. Then take your weight times .314 (bodyfat) that will tell you how much fat you have. Now subtract that from your weight and it will give you an idea of how much muscle you have. Now take that and multiply it by how many grams of protein you want to consume, the recommended amount is 1-1.5 gram protein per pound of lean muscle. Now take that number and multiply it by 4, this is equal to how many calories a you need from protein. Now subtract that from your TDEE the number that is left is how many calories you need from fat and carbs. I generally recommend 20% fat what is left is for carbs. Ok so lets say your TDEE is 2500 calories a day and you weigh 200 lbs and your BF is 31.4. 200 x .314= 62.8 lbs of fat ... 200-62.8= 137.2 roughly 137.2 pounds of muscle... now 137.2 x 1.5 = 205.8 grams of protein per day ... 205.8 x 4 = 823.2 (1 gram of protein is 4 calories) so 823.2 calories a day from protein. OK so to lose fat you have to have a calorie deficit so 2500 - 500 = 2000 calories a day. 2000 - 823.2 = 1176.8 left for carbs and fat. I like to keep fat down close to 20% so 2000 x .2 = 400 calories from fat ... 1176.8 - 400= 776.8 calories from good complex carbs. since 1 gram of fat has 9 calories 400/9= 44.44 grams of fat a day ... since 1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories 776.9/4= 194.225 grams of carbs per day. Ok so now you know how much of each macro you should try and get every day now what foods to get there. Start adjusting your foods toward more of the standard staples of the members here. Sweet taters, brown rice, chicken, fish, oats, beans, (green veggies), etc etc... look at the recipe section. Now start tracking everything that goes in your mouth right down to the sweetener in your coffee. then adjust till you get to your numbers. Like B&B said frequent small meals. Lastly what works for me is High Intensity Interval training fasted ... stop eating at 7PM and go workout in the morning with no food in you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    Figure out your TDEE then subtract 500. Then take your weight times .314 (bodyfat) that will tell you how much fat you have. Now subtract that from your weight and it will give you an idea of how much muscle you have. Now take that and multiply it by how many grams of protein you want to consume, the recommended amount is 1-1.5 gram protein per pound of lean muscle. Now take that number and multiply it by 4, this is equal to how many calories a you need from protein. Now subtract that from your TDEE the number that is left is how many calories you need from fat and carbs. I generally recommend 20% fat what is left is for carbs. Ok so lets say your TDEE is 2500 calories a day and you weigh 200 lbs and your BF is 31.4. 200 x .314= 62.8 lbs of fat ... 200-62.8= 137.2 roughly 137.2 pounds of muscle... now 137.2 x 1.5 = 205.8 grams of protein per day ... 205.8 x 4 = 823.2 (1 gram of protein is 4 calories) so 823.2 calories a day from protein. OK so to lose fat you have to have a calorie deficit so 2500 - 500 = 2000 calories a day. 2000 - 823.2 = 1176.8 left for carbs and fat. I like to keep fat down close to 20% so 2000 x .2 = 400 calories from fat ... 1176.8 - 400= 776.8 calories from good complex carbs. since 1 gram of fat has 9 calories 400/9= 44.44 grams of fat a day ... since 1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories 776.9/4= 194.225 grams of carbs per day. Ok so now you know how much of each macro you should try and get every day now what foods to get there. Start adjusting your foods toward more of the standard staples of the members here. Sweet taters, brown rice, chicken, fish, oats, beans, (green veggies), etc etc... look at the recipe section. Now start tracking everything that goes in your mouth right down to the sweetener in your coffee. then adjust till you get to your numbers. Like B&B said frequent small meals. Lastly what works for me is High Intensity Interval training fasted ... stop eating at 7PM and go workout in the morning with no food in you.

thank you im goin to try this no eating after 7 at night i eat my veggies rice pasta chicken and cus cus i have 3 meals a day

Bollocks to not eating after a certain time. Fuel your muscles whilst you are in a caloric deficit.

Read my post above, it's foolproof.
    NACH3 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    Bollocks to not eating after a certain time. Fuel your muscles whilst you are in a caloric deficit. Read my post above, it's foolproof.
    thats what he said im goin to try what you said

BulldogMatt is offline Junior Member
    Bollocks to not eating after a certain time. Fuel your muscles whilst you are in a caloric deficit. Read my post above, it's foolproof.
    You are right in a sense that losing weight is a question of being on a relative deficit and it doesn't matter when it's consumed, however eating fast carbs before sleep can hamper with the fat burning, as during that starving period (sleep), the body doesn't burn fat for energy if it has relatively ready energy source.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMatt
    You are right in a sense that losing weight is a question of being on a relative deficit and it doesn't matter when it's consumed, however eating fast carbs before sleep can hamper with the fat burning, as during that starving period (sleep), the body doesn't burn fat for energy if it has relatively ready energy source.
    Nobody mentioned him eating fast carbs ever let alone before bed.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

BulldogMatt is offline Junior Member
    Nobody mentioned him eating fast carbs ever let alone before bed.
    Actually you are right, I was just trying to make sense of the comment.

Thread Information