workinprogress21 is offline Junior Member

IIFYM - Thoughts?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

Somewhere in there he talks about a list of unnecessary factors while cutting, lol. Here's the list:
    1.3 Unessential Factors

Since many questions revolve around further details of cutting diets, here is a list of factors that I believe to be of insignificant effect for body composition:

- Cardio and fat burners,
    - Meal timing and meal frequency,
    - Protein / Carb / Fat distribution throughout the day,
    - carb / fat ratio,
    - Sodium intake,
    - Moderate alcohol intake,
    - Use of supplements resp. meal replacements,
    - "Clean" food vs. Junk food (sugar and saturated fat).

Idk why I labelled the thread IIFYM, my mistake lol

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree mostly, if you're talking about cardio in the sense that cardio makes no direct difference to body composition then i agree but it's an incredibly useful tool to create a further deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    I agree mostly, if you're talking about cardio in the sense that cardio makes no direct difference to body composition then i agree but it's an incredibly useful tool to create a further deficit.
    Doesn't it basically state that you can eat whatever you want so long as you meet protein req. and are in a calorie deficit?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadi1 View Post
    Doesn't it basically state that you can eat whatever you want so long as you meet protein req. and are in a calorie deficit?
    Yes which is essentially true when it comes to body composition. However if you begin to develop micronutrient deficiencies or binge because of the foods you choose to eat it may tell another story.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Couldnt agree more!

I would much rather do more cardio and eat more food than eat less food and do no cardio.....

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I am on the fence with IIFYM. I think I do better when I eat clean everyday. Letting a restricted food into my diet more frequently starts to creep in to a daily thing. Me lack willpower. I am better of with a cheat meal once a week.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I can not do IIFYM as it makes me cheat way too much. I simply work better with a very strict diet with extremely clear goals. I tried IIFYM during my last bulk, apparently large bags of candy sweets fit into that. I have scrapped this for me personally but for the people it works for I could not be happier as it seems like a way more sensible way to live.

Thread Information