dubrovin1012 is offline Associate Member

consuming alcohol while on cycle

I'm on test only cycle. Would drinking once a week hinder my gains.

Like today I'm going to work my legs and at night want to go out have a few vodka shots and a beer. Is my leg work out going to be a waste or its all good?

Sent from my samsung phone

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Not agreat idea as alcohol promotes estrogen to be blunt save the drinking for off cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You get out what you put in to this lifestyle. We all know how bad alcohol is for our bodies. With that said, your not doing this for a living and I don't believe drinking in moderation occasionally will ruin the work you've put in. My tips are to eat a big meal before you go out to slow the absorption rate of the alcohol, drink plenty of water before, during if you can, and after when you get home... Drink as much as you can before going to bed.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post

Like today I'm going to work my legs and at night want to go out have a few vodka shots and a beer. Is my leg work out going to be a waste or its all good?

That all depends on how much you drink mate!! getting wasted every week is not a good idea when your main goal is to train hard. Having a couple of beers while staying hydrated and within your chosen cal/macro split is not a problem.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bignath4607 View Post
    Not agreat idea as alcohol promotes estrogen to be blunt save the drinking for off cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Or save it til your done living this lifestyle....

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    The facts are that alcohol will Impair liver and kidney functions for 48 hours after consumption, you'll be consuming a ton of empty calories and a whole host of other negatives for alcohol, so forget building quality muscle or burning fat for the next couple of days.
    what are the positives ? A quick buzz, destress, confidence ???? All those three can be done in the gym.

If it's habit then that can easily be undone. If it's sociable then you should maybe have a rethink of your lifestyle, depends on your goals for bodybuilding and how you fit it into your lifestyle. Maybe swap beer for vodka or gin, low calorie drinks.

Take liver protection daily anyway, limit alcohol consumption. In short it won't kill you but long term it's not good.

Blog Entries
    Not a good idea for bodybuilding purposes with that being said it's not the end of the world if you do and you can still make good gains..BUT you will not be getting the best out of your cycle

dubrovin1012 is offline Associate Member
    I think I'll just drink between cycles. Thx yall

diragz is offline New Member
    honestly a few beers wont hurt you. Alcohol is good at increasing HDL as well. Just in moderation! Make sure your supplementing with liver support to.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post

Im no expert, but i have been around some years. Test only is ok for the liver and i Guess moderate alcohol once a week is ok too. A little party Friday nigth never ruined my cycles and if you do things superb saturday and sunday, u will be 98% on monday. And if you do all things rigth after thighs, bcaa, creatin, glutamin enough protein and carbs every other hour etc until party i think you legworkout would be 98% aswell. And little joy in life for some is mandatory for progress.

Thread Information