tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Pritkins vs Atkins...?

Low Fat vs. Low Carbs.

Pritkins vs. Atkins...

LINK

Interesting Notes on How Dr.Atkins died.

I'm leaning now towards the Pritkins philosophy of food and diet.

Thoughts...comments?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    First time I have ever heard of Pritkin

Very interesting article

Makes one think

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Interesting article but I would not be changing the way I think just that one article. I'm sure there will be loads of arguing for and against both and I bet there will be scientific evidence for both. Best bet whatever you decide is keep an eye on your health through blood work and other means of measuring health. I eat keto when cutting for the appetite curbing effect not for health benefits, a balanced diet imo has to be best way for health.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Don't know...but i DO KNOW that lots of dudes (pro bb's) have used the Atkins diet --- (no carbs,high protein) very successfully----but THEY'VE also gotten FLOCKED-UP (bad hearts, high cholesterol,etc).

The Pro BB's lifestyle is not one that is conducive for longevity.

I want more energy...and to me...having clear arteries is part of that equation.

Low fat, a lot of grains.

~T

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Don't know...but i DO KNOW that lots of dudes (pro bb's) have used the Atkins diet --- (no carbs,high protein) very successfully----but THEY'VE also gotten FLOCKED-UP (bad hearts, high cholesterol,etc).

I want more energy...and to me...having clear arteries is part of that equation.

~T
    Fair point mate. Still i wouldn't be changing up just for this one article, i would research, then make an informed decision.

Are you basing your view on more than this article?

cheers.

not being a d ick here mate. just for info purposes.

Atkins/keto should be high fat, medium protein, low carb

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post

Talk about going against a tidal wave that has been building for 10+ years. Low fat is going away because no one can find a link between fat and bad health, simply do not exist. Dietary cholesterol have nothing to do with the cholesterol in your body which is why, after many, MANY years, the recommendation to limit cholesterol in your food is going away. Low fat will be a thing of the past and probably not even exist in a food store within 5 years IMHO.

Thread Information