douevenliftbrah is offline New Member

diet for first cycle! test cypionate & anavar

Hello gentlemen:

I've made the conscious decision that I'm going to go on a test cypionate and anavar cycle, my diet sucks I have basic knowledge of bodybuilding diet I've been training for 10 years.

Stats:
    5"7
    160 lbs
    6-8% BF
    27 years old

Morning:
    coffee with milk
    Sandwich whole grain with cheese and turkey ham. 7 am
    Oatmeal with water and half a fruit. 9am

Lunch:
    Chicken breast, fish, turkey, beef, pork
    w/ brown/white rice, sweet potato, potatoes, beans 12pm

3pm meal:
    Looks the same as my lunch but with no carbs, a big salad and more fats like avocado.

Preworkout:
    Rice/spaghetti w/ tuna or 4 eggs whole. 6pm
    preworkout drink, BCAA, creatine 7:30

Post workout:
    Protein shake w/ milk

Please feel free to customize and suggest changes. Im trying to gain as much muscle mass as possible.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Your diet sucks and you are 6-8%? Post a pic please most of us with great diets struggle to get there.

What are the macro's of that diet?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Your diet sucks and you are 6-8%? Post a pic please most of us with great diets struggle to get there.

What are the macro's of that diet?
    Thanks for the swift response, I'll post a pic later when I get out of work.

Ive always been at 2% until age 21 I was ALWAYS very skinny, then I started eating caloric dense foods without caring much about staying lean.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    2% - lol - you'd be dead!

And skinny is way different from having low bf(not saying your not low) but I'd bet your not 7%... Cudos to you if you are -

Agree w/BIB - your diet is off... Try eating 6 meals first(P/C - P/F - P/C etc) I respond well to high carbs so I eat carbs w/all meals - fats I get from fish and olive oil PB cashews/pistachios/almonds/almond butter

Quote Originally Posted by douevenliftbrah View Post
    Thanks for the swift response, I'll post a pic later when I get out of work.

Ive always been at 2% until age 21 I was ALWAYS very skinny, then I started eating caloric dense foods without caring much about staying lean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-07-17-59-52-1.jpg 
Views:	680 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	157995

2% is what came out yearly on bf test until I was able to gain weight at 21 now I'm 27 and i obvously need help with my diet, idk the macros I just add the amount of food I know I will be eating.

Remember Im the opposite from you guys, I lose weight very quick, I NEVER needed to lower my bf I actually needed to bring up.

I know you guys are the best on the web so what do you recommend?

Blog Entries
    You are not 6-8%.. Not even really close.. BUT good news is you have a good foundation of muscle built to work with

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    You are not 6-8%.. Not even really close.. BUT good news is you have a good foundation of muscle built to work with
    I agree - definitely look solid - and great to build upon - ok...

Judging from your diet... Are you bulking? Cutting now? I ask b/c your about 14-15% - so I'm wondering if your slowing your metabolism by not eating enough) I know you wanted to gain but tbh - you don't want shitty weight(or old school cram your face then makes it that much harder to lean back out! I'd much rather take slow and steadier gains than water(what most think are muscle until pct starts)...

Once I started eating more often w/all whole goods that all come from the ground... Gained weight/gaining(always tryin lol) dropped bf(definitely always tryin) does this make sense?!

Also, I'd get BW done(should b4 cycle - baselines to compare your mids/& post pct) as hypothyroidism will cause hypogonadism(low t)

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Yep, 15% or so. Over Twice as much as you think you have. Bulking might leave you closer to 20% which, no matter how hard you think it is to gain fat, will like
    Y not be the result you are looking for.

Test only for first cycle will yield enough results with a great diet. There's not really anything wrong with your food choices but if you don't know how that diet actually works for you its all guesswork from us. Eat like that every day for 2 weeks and see what happens to your weight and body composition and adjust from there.

Here is a chart showing a fairly accurate representation of be levels in men.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4009 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	157999
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Yep, 15% or so. Over Twice as much as you think you have. Bulking might leave you closer to 20% which, no matter how hard you think it is to gain fat, will like
    Y not be the result you are looking for.

Test only for first cycle will yield enough results with a great diet. There's not really anything wrong with your food choices but if you don't know how that diet actually works for you its all guesswork from us. Eat like that every day for 2 weeks and see what happens to your weight and body composition and adjust from there.

Here is a chart showing a fairly accurate representation of be levels in men.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4009 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	157999
    Ok now that we got it figured out, what should my macros look like? 40% pro 20% carbs 40% fat?

My fitness pal app is recommending 257g pro 129 carbs and 114 fat (40,20,40), is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by douevenliftbrah View Post
    Ok now that we got it figured out, what should my macros look like? 40% pro 20% carbs 40% fat?

My fitness pal app is recommending 257g pro 129 carbs and 114 fat (40,20,40), is this right?

Anyone please?

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would say you are 15% ish. I would go high protein med-high fat and med carbs IMO. get diet in tune before doing any cycle IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    I would say you are 15% ish. I would go high protein med-high fat and med carbs IMO. get diet in tune before doing any cycle IMO
    Yes Juced Porkchop I really need to get my diet in check, I won't start until I have a nice rhythm going, would be foolish to start otherwise.

What do you think about my 40%/40%/20% split? 20% being carbs.

Right now i'm just having trouble with of course my protein and fats, I'm trying to carb cycle, 2 days regular carbs 2 days low and one day no carbs then I eat 300G of carbs to load up.

BulldogMatt is offline Junior Member
    Why are you so eager to eat more fat than carbs? It's way easier to train on a low fat medium carb,protein diet imo. Keto doesn't work any better than any other diet as long as you're eating on maintenance level with enough protein you should be fine

Thread Information