SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member

Help me raise HDL please. New bloodwork.

So I just got bloodwork and everything was ok except my HDL was 19 and my LDL was 149 for a ratio over 7 which is BAD! I was on Norditropin but stopped a few weeks ago and started on some Riptropin that I'm not sure was legit hence the testing to see what happened to IGF-1. Whether it's good or not, I'm gonna go back to pharm Saizen and I'm only mentioning that due to HGH benefit on HDL but I still want to raise it any other way I can. I take two huge Super Omega3 everyday but I guess it's not nearly enough. Currently also taking 40mg Anavar daily.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    What does your diet look like?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    What does your diet look like?
    It's really not that bad. I throw one yolk in with 6 egg whites in the morning. Red meat maybe twice a week. No heavy fried foods ever except French fries twice a week or so. Handful of nuts almost every day but hardly any fatty fish so I guess I have to cut the yolk out, cut the red meat down and increase avocado, olive oil, nuts, fatty fish etc. but it's just weird that HDL was so low. That 7.5 ratio is no joke.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Niacin can help boost your HDL. Go for the flush free to avoid unpleasant flushing that some get.

I would discuss your dose with your doctor.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Stop taking Var (it is worse for lipids than just about anything), eat plenty of monounsaturated fat. Fish oil doesn't do anything for your cholesterol.

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    You should blame anavar for this! Only 2-3 pills of anavar can make a mess with cholesterol! Anavar is extremely harsh on cholesterol!

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Niacin can help boost your HDL. Go for the flush free to avoid unpleasant flushing that some get.

I would discuss your dose with your doctor.
    I am my doctor, LOL. I'm doing 40mg per day. Didn't really feel 20. I'm going to try to modify my diet and see what I can get the ratio to because I do like the var. I've only done injectables up to now and with the var I'm off test completely. If this is the only side which it seems to be, I'd like to handle it with diet and test again in a month.My LDL has always been naturally a little high so I may start taking a low dose statin. Thanks so far guys.

Thread Information