Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 2 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Advice on Keto diet

gorog25 is offline Junior Member

Advice on Keto diet

Hi guys,

I read many articles about keto diet but still got some blind spot. I would apreciate if you could clear a few points.

I believe it will be the right diet plan for me because most of the food I love to eat allowed. (full fat cottage cheese. full fat milk and joghurts, meat, Kale, spinach, chia seed, etc...)
    Just need some clarification about macros.

Please correct me If I am wrong at some point.

What I know so far is to reach ketosis takes 1-2 weeks and within this period I need to eat very high fat/moderate protein/low carbs.
    When I am on ketosis the protein goes up/fat in moderate level/still low carbs.
    Pretty simple.

However, I am not clear about the amount of macros at those two stages. The articles I read had diferring info especially on carbs. Some says 20-30g/day other says below 100g/day is ok.

How should I set my macros to reach ketosis and while on ketosis?

Is 50F/40P/10C than 30F/60P/10C would be OK?

How long can I stay in ketosis?

How many carbs can take me out of ketosis and for how long?

Is Keto cycleing has any advantages?

If so how often should I do it?

Is it true that calculating TDEE and counting calories not that important on keto diet?

I know the toughest part is to reach ketosis.

Could tren make it much worse? I never tried it yet.

What suplements recomended?
    Last edited by gorog25; 01-10-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My thoughts were keto is high fat/high protein NO carbs.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I really think the best bet for a keto diet is a CKD (cyclic ketogenic diet). This is a keto diet with a carb load or refeed. I also feel you can tailor your worouts to go along with that type of diet to maximize benefits.]I think the first 2 weeks you do no caarb load at all. After taht , for me personally, I liked to start my carb load Friday evening and run it through to Sunday am. Sunday lunch I resume "no carb" style of eating.
    I could go on and on but why dont you check out Lyle Mcdonald's CKD and his workout to go alongside of it. A few tweaks to his basic premise has worked best for me with this type of diet.
    Supplements and such, well there are a few things you can take, The main thing for me was enteering ketosis as quickly as possible post carb load to maximize my time in ketosis between them. You can use several things to accomplish this. It goes from the risky (insulin ) to the sublime (OTC GDA's). Honestly you will have to find what works best for you. I found that Metformin (glucophage) works welk to help me get into ketosis quickly and as far as supplements Gynemma Sylvestre is actually a supplement that really works as a GDA and will help you enter ketosis more quickly. I could go on about this type of diet forever but I rally recommend reading what lyle has to say and then formulate a plan and ask your questions from there.
    gorog25 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    My thoughts were keto high fat/high protein NO carbs.
    Carbs are necessary for keto diet as well but on a very low amount.
    People on this diet count carbs as net carbs so they deduct the fibre from the daily carb intake.
    So If you eat something contains 5g carb with 2g fibre you actually count it as 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I really think the best bet for a keto diet is a CKD (cyclic ketogenic diet). This is a keto diet with a carb load or refeed. I also feel you can tailor your worouts to go along with that type of diet to maximize benefits.]I think the first 2 weeks you do no caarb load at all. After taht , for me personally, I liked to start my carb load Friday evening and run it through to Sunday am. Sunday lunch I resume "no carb" style of eating.
    I could go on and on but why dont you check out Lyle Mcdonald's CKD and his workout to go alongside of it. A few tweaks to his basic premise has worked best for me with this type of diet.
    Supplements and such, well there are a few things you can take, The main thing for me was enteering ketosis as quickly as possible post carb load to maximize my time in ketosis between them. You can use several things to accomplish this. It goes from the risky (insulin) to the sublime (OTC GDA's). Honestly you will have to find what works best for you. I found that Metformin (glucophage) works welk to help me get into ketosis quickly and as far as supplements Gynemma Sylvestre is actually a supplement that really works as a GDA and will help you enter ketosis more quickly. I could go on about this type of diet forever but I rally recommend reading what lyle has to say and then formulate a plan and ask your questions from there.
    I got a PDF just now so I will start reading it.

What is your experience with this diet are you on it only when cutting or you cycling all the time?
    Have you managed pot on lean mass while on ketosis?
    What is your carb intake and how is it change when you load?
    After the load, it is easy and fast to achieve ketosis again?

I know I might find answers in the book, but I am a bit rush, and I started eating high fat already

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I just bumped on the best threads on CKD, check it out
    gorog25 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorog25 View Post
    I got a PDF just now so I will start reading it.

What is your experience with this diet are you on it only when cutting or you cycling all the time? I did it for quite a long time both recomping and cutting. If you read what I suggested you will see Lyle outlines the workout difference between a bulk ckd and a cut ckd as well.
    Have you managed pot on lean mass while on ketosis?Yes but like any other diet the better shape you are in the harder it becomes to do this. You could actually bulk while running a ckd by simply altering the workout like I mentioned above and running it at a caloric surplus.
    What is your carb intake and how is it change when you load? All my carbs are incidental. So I eat no carbs at all in the sense that none of my food choices are primarily carbohydrate. I dont even do leafy greens etc. Conversely when I load all my fats become incidental and I eat no straight fats. My first load meal consists of high gi carbs with protein and incidental fat (ie: Fat Free Ice cream and a protein shake). The rest of my load meals are good quality low gi carbs (ie oats, sweet potatos, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc) and protein. I also incorporate plenty of broccoli, spinach, romaine lettuce, green peppers
    After the load, it is easy and fast to achieve ketosis again?This is the key to losing fat quickly and something you have to play with and learn how long your carb load should be and what you need to do to enter ketosis more quickly. Cardio helps spped up the process immensely.

I know I might find answers in the book, but I am a bit rush, and I started eating high fat already
    See bold and it is ok to be in a rush but dont rob yourself of all this type of diet has to offer by rushing in half cocked. If you dick around you could very well waste a week or two. If you do that you will have wished you took a day or two to read and educate yourself. Also I dont mind helping but I am not gonna work harder than you to lay out your diet plan than you do man.
    Also pick yourself up a thing of ketostix. It will allow you to monitor how quickly and how deep into ketosis you get.
    I will say this when I had this dialed in after my depletion workout I was spent. I mean I could not hold out my hands without shaking. Then when i took in my hi gi carbs with protein I got a rush like you would not believe. I mean to the point of sweating etc from the sugars hitting me so hard.
    I also like the ckd cause you can have fun with it and really get away with a lot if you plan carefully. Sure I deprived myself of all carbs during the week but from fri pm to sun am I could go off and for example some "fun" first carb load meals can be as I said fat free ice cream protein shake, or fat free oreo cookies and a shake, or a bowl of sugar frosted flakes with skim milk and a shake. My breakfast the next day could be a huge stack of buckwheat pancakes with some canadian bacon or a protein shake or egg whites. Meals could be filet mignon and sweet potato with a bag of frozen broccoli etc. I never really felt deprvced in the sense that during the week I knew I could load up on carbs from fri pm to Sun am and from sun am to friday pm I knew I could eat foods that were high in fat and normally not a part of a healthy diet. For me the ckd works really well man.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 01-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    InternalFire and gorog25 like this.

Thank you Jimmy,

I gonna read the book and bump up this threed if I am still not confident.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I could go on and on but why don't you check out Lyle Mcdonald's CKD and his workout to go alongside it. A few tweaks to his basic premise has worked best for me with this type of diet.
    Jimmi, what tweaks you did on the workouts? I was hoping it not necessary to do only three days lifting and cardio only on the rest of the week.

I do split workouts like Monday/Legs/Abbs/ Tuesday/Chest/Shoulders/Neck/Cardio Wednesday/Back,Abs Thursday/Arms/Cardio Friday/Neck/Abbs/Upper Back/Cardio Saturday/Abs,Cardio, SundayCardio in morning/Rest
    If I have time I do morning cardio as well.

I believe it good enough for depletion.

Right now I cannot see the advantage of long carb load, to be honest; I did it on the end of the first week by accident due to my daughter birthday cake
    By next morning I was on 3.1mmol what is just a bit more than the optimal range, so entering into ketosis look like not an issue for me. I think for Bf reduction long ketosis and short carb up more beneficial. Am I right?
    As soon as I below 8-10% I will try to focus on LBM so probably 3 or even four days carb up after eight days ketosis would make better results. What do you think?

Blog Entries
    Jimmi, what tweaks you did on the workouts? I was hoping it not necessary to do only three days lifting and cardio only on the rest of the week.

I do split workouts like Monday/Legs/Abbs/ Tuesday/Chest/Shoulders/Neck/Cardio Wednesday/Back,Abs Thursday/Arms/Cardio Friday/Neck/Abbs/Upper Back/Cardio Saturday/Abs,Cardio, SundayCardio in morning/Rest
    If I have time I do morning cardio as well.

I believe it good enough for depletion.

Right now I cannot see the advantage of long carb load, to be honest; I did it on the end of the first week by accident due to my daughter birthday cake
    By next morning I was on 3.1mmol what is just a bit more than the optimal range, so entering into ketosis look like not an issue for me. I think for Bf reduction long ketosis and short carb up more beneficial. Am I right?
    As soon as I below 8-10% I will try to focus on LBM so probably 3 or even four days carb up after eight days ketosis would make better results. What do you think?
    You def have the overall premise down and I would agree the longer in ketosis and the shorter the carb load the better but I would still make sure to take in enough
    carbs to replenish glycogen stores fully. If you dont do this you run the risk of losing more muscle than need be. As far as split give your way a shot and see how it works for you man. Thats the only way you will know for sure.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    By next morning I was on 3.1mmol what is just a bit more than the optimal range, so entering into ketosis look like not an issue for me.
    A guy measuring stuff :-) I am going to follow along here. Cool!

Thread Information