Cougars509 is offline Junior Member

A little scientific nutrition

Okay so this is completely random and partly has to do with being OCD but I've always looked at food for what it does outside of just macronutrients.

I have had many discussions with many people about fast foods, preservatives, etc. I eat very clean throughout the week and might have a cheat or two a weekend. I'm talking pizza burgers and candy. I don't do fast food anymore but use to everyday until I turned about 21. Looking back now I wish I would have realized all the crap that is in fast food, pizzas, microwaveable foods, dollar Chinese places, etc. Preservatives in such foods have been known to be one molecule away from plastic, so I guess I'm just wondering the long term damage that can be done or has been done from poor eating habits. The body can't break down food fillers and preservatives so does it all pass through and get out or does some hangout for extended periods?

I have many lifting buddies that only look at macros and will eat sugar free calorie free anything not worrying about what's actually going in their bodies but should we? They eat perfect during the week then breaded fast food and crap with the mindset calories are calories and my body will use it or get rid of it.

I'm weird about it all I know but am I paranoid or what?

Thanks guys

Blog Entries
    IFFYM was never intended to be a eat whatever crap you want as long as it fits your macros. That is what it has somehow morphed into but the intention was never that.

The body is an amazing machine that is constantly adapting and repairing itself. Different cells have varying life cycles but in theory every cell in the body will eventually be replaced by new cells.

There are countless stories of how miraculously the body can begin to repair and recover once you start giving it the proper and correct nutrients.

As a kid my mom cooked everything with lard, I also ate a sh*t ton of candies and junk food. You can't change the past and making smart food choices now is all one can do.

Thread Information