rt4man is offline Associate Member

Questions about diet.

Do you have to eat so many meals per day or could you eat three larger than normal meals and drink about 4 protein shakes a day? That would be 120 grams of protein in just the shakes and then eating at least 100 grams of protein in the meals. I only weigh about 220 so that meets my protein needs. Just curious if I am missing something.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rt4man View Post
    Do you have to eat so many meals per day or could you eat three larger than normal meals and drink about 4 protein shakes a day? That would be 120 grams of protein in just the shakes and then eating at least 100 grams of protein in the meals. I only weigh about 220 so that meets my protein needs. Just curious if I am missing something.
    Opinions vary, but for the majority (excluding the very fit fellas around here) I think three meals... Or seven... Or any number in between... is fine. Probably you should stay away from that many shakes, unless the protein in the shakes is coming from beef, egg whites, or some other "real" food. Four powder-based shakes a day is excessive but maybe you can pull it off. Try not to get too bogged down by the per-meal eating, and focus on the day.

Best,
    C-

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    The diet must fit you alone. Food is a personal thing. I can eat two meals a day at 2000-3000 calories and do a couple shakes and fruit between and get the same results as 7 small meals a day. People say you can only digest so much food at one time and yeah that may be right for them. I can eat two massive meals a day and shit a brick two feet long once a day, or I can eat seven and make a bunch of dribbles in the toilet three times a day. Get your macros in check for your goals and experiment till your shit is solid is my advice. Wierd advice but I promise that it works. Extra stinky shit is a sign of wasted nutrients. Respect brother, I gave my thoughts. I mean no harm.

Jonbana is offline Member
    One meal a day vs 7 meals a day doesn't mater its daily intake the matters ,

Ive done 1 meal a day before ive done 7 meals a day before so what fits you lifestyle and diet

don't over think or over complicate things... its the week you should worry about not one single meal each day .

I got by the old scale age 3 meals

usually lunch / PRE / POST done

I love one meal a day as well but I find more meals are optimal for MPS

Set your calories and macros either hit that with one massive meal or 7 meals wont matter

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    The only thing I would suggest with 4 shakes is even though you are getting your macro nutrients, food will help you get your micro nutrients. Try for as varried a diet as you can without over complicating the whole thing. Lots of veg too.

rt4man is offline Associate Member
    Awesome, thanks guys. Appreciate the advice greatly.

Batmanreturns is offline Banned
    I would say you're fine consuming 50g protein whole food or shakes every few hours.
    Carbs and fats for the most part whenever you want unless you need to time them while cutting.

wellshii is offline Member
    I eat two to three. Works just fine as long as macros are met. A lot of that 23-56 meals a day bunk has been debunked.

Thread Information