Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Ketogenic diet impacts and insights

symakhan is offline New Member

Ketogenic diet impacts and insights

Hello Everyone

I'm aiming to shed the extra pounds quickly, and some friends proposed that a ketogenic diet is my best bet. After researching this low-carb, high-fat approach, it's clear why its so effective: significantly reducing carbohydrate intake and substituting with fat! By decreasing your carbohydrate intake, you can enter a metabolic state called ketosis. During this time, your body becomes highly efficient at burning fat for fuel in order to produce energy. When insulin (the hormone responsible for storing fat) drops, stored fat breaks down into molecules known as ketones and is used instead of carbs to create power.

The ketogenic diet aims to initiate a metabolic shift in your body by minimizing carb consumption and getting the majority of your calories from fat. This drastic limitation on carbs encourages ketosis, an energized state that optimize physical performance. Ketosis is a metabolic state the body naturally enters when food intake becomes sparse, resulting in the production of ketones from fat breakdown in the liver. This process helps us to remain healthy and active throughout periods of reduced nourishment. Moreover, several sources suggested that a drastic decrease in calorie consumption combined with higher levels of fat can induce ketosis. Even a brief period of stringent carbohydrate restriction may lead to the same result; however, continuous ketosis is only achievable if you maintain three fundamental elements: diminishing your caloric intake, moderating your protein and boosting healthy fats.

I'm here today to seek advice from those who have attempted the Ketogenic diet. What are your thoughts? Has this diet been beneficial or dangerous for you? Additionally, what types of food should be included in a Keto meal plan, and which ones would be best avoided? Are there any discounts available on recipes or cookbooks that focus on healthy meals within the keto lifestyle? Any insight would help immensely; thank you!

Zenpump is offline Junior Member
    I dropped 30 lbs in 30 days the first time I did Keto (Atkins back in the day). It is a great diet for fast weight loss (the initial losses are water weight). I slept better, had more energy, cholesterol actually improved and actually lifted really well. The main issue with it is your quality of life. Eventually one gets tired of the limited diet.

One piece of advice I can give you is once you've been on it for several months, you can easily incorporate a cheat day (mine was Friday) and as long as you get right back on the next morning you will not notice a difference. This helps with longevity. You can do a google search and get all the recipes/diet plans you could want...

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^^ ,What Zenpump said. On Atkins, you don't stay in induction forever. If your priority is weight loss, it's one of several good choices.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeBrace View Post
    Ketogenic diets typically involve foods high in healthy fats, such as avocados, nuts, and fatty fish, while keeping carbohydrates to a minimum. It's important to include a variety of nutrient-rich foods to ensure you're getting the right balance of nutrients.
    Yes, we know.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DougWar is offline New Member
    in the end of the day that really import is the calorie intake, with you eat 3000 cals in a carb diet and doesn't lose weight you wont lose weight a 3000 cal in a ketogenic diet, maybe only water.

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    I consider the ketogenic diet to be at least not beneficial. There's nothing in it. There are a lot of downsides. On keto, as with any other diet, rapid weight loss can lead to intoxication. This happens because of the release of your own fats into the bloodstream, as well as toxic metabolites and other harmful agents. If you don't drink enough water during the diet, your body can become dehydrated, and symptoms of intoxication can worsen. Typical symptoms indicating intoxication: diarrhea, nausea, headache, weakness, skin rashes. The preventive effect of this diet, contrary to the assurances of its supporters, is often nullified by side effects. The most common among them are: constipation; headaches; bad breath; weakness due to disruption of metabolic processes and loss of muscle mass.

Thread Information