Noob_monkey is offline Junior Member

KETO - benifits withouyt weight loss

hey!

I just started a low-carb diet,, i took a pee test, and looks like I am in ketosis.

If my calorie intake remains more or less the same, I understand that I won't lose weight.

are there any benefits to being in ketosis? I have noticed that my digestion system is a lot better, even night and day when compared to before. My IBS has disappeared.

I have had high blood pressure, before starting. What are your thoughts?

Also, I would be very happy if I could lose body fat, but have muscle mass replace it. I think that muscle and fat are about the same weight.

let me know what you guys think.

thanks

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob_monkey View Post
    hey!

I just started a low-carb diet,, i took a pee test, and looks like I am in ketosis.

If my calorie intake remains more or less the same, I understand that I won't lose weight.

are there any benefits to being in ketosis? I have noticed that my digestion system is a lot better, even night and day when compared to before. My IBS has disappeared.

I have had high blood pressure, before starting. What are your thoughts?

Also, I would be very happy if I could lose body fat, but have muscle mass replace it. I think that muscle and fat are about the same weight.

let me know what you guys think.

thanks

A pound of muscle definitely weighs the same as a pound of fat; a pound is a pound. However, a pound of muscle takes up less volume than a pound of fat.

If it's working for you, keep doing it.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Noob_monkey is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    A pound of muscle definitely weighs the same as a pound of fat; a pound is a pound. However, a pound of muscle takes up less volume than a pound of fat.

If it's working for you, keep doing it.
    Cheers.
    Thanks for taking time to reply

Pkinessa is offline New Member
    Ketosis can offer benefits like improved digestion, reduced blood pressure, and weight loss. However, muscle gain and fat loss depend on factors like protein intake and exercise. Here u can read more info https://betterme.world/articles/resting-calories/ . Stay healthy!
    Last edited by Pkinessa; 09-30-2024 at 09:53 AM.

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Ketosis offers a wide range of health benefits, but some worry about looking 'flat', due to a lack of water retention

Priorities

Thread Information