Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xxblazenlowxx

Thread: Wife’s on TRT pellets - thinking of injectables

ctenosaura is offline Associate Member

Wife’s on TRT pellets - thinking of injectables

Wife, 53, is getting 200 (mg?) pellets inserted in her glute every three months for the last 2.5 years.

She’s always been in good shape, but the TRT has really made her look better with nice muscle tone and has increased her libido.

The issue is she doesn’t like her ass being cut into and then stitched to insert the pellets. It leaves scars and the doctors have to find a new spot for pellet insertion every time.

She asked about injections and the doc said that injections causes aggression and recommended the cream.

This doesn’t make sense to me since I’ve been on injections for 10 years and I’ve never got overly aggressive.

Any women here have any thoughts?

Thanks

Cylon357 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    Wife, 53, is getting 200 (mg?) pellets inserted in her glute every three months for the last 2.5 years.

She’s always been in good shape, but the TRT has really made her look better with nice muscle tone and has increased her libido.

The issue is she doesn’t like her ass being cut into and then stitched to insert the pellets. It leaves scars and the doctors have to find a new spot for pellet insertion every time.

She asked about injections and the doc said that injections causes aggression and recommended the cream.

This doesn’t make sense to me since I’ve been on injections for 10 years and I’ve never got overly aggressive.

Any women here have any thoughts?

Thanks
    I would suspect, but can not confirm yet, that the cream would lead to more aggression than injections, due to the higher conversion rate to DHT that the cream possesses.

Ol_Wolf is offline Junior Member
    What would be the proper dosing for a female doing testosterone injections? Then what would be the max test you would want to see in blood work? Just kind of curious since with Anavar they are taking a dose 1/5th the size recommended for a guy, but then again pills are not as affective as an injection. Time for some internet searches through Bro bullshit to hopefully find a pearl of wisdom.

Franco C is offline New Member
    Not sure the doctors logic makes sense. 200mg over 3 months from the pellet should work out the same for testosterone undecanoate. Unless there’s a big difference in the amount of testosterone being released over time between the 2 but I don’t believe that there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco C View Post
    Not sure the doctors logic makes sense. 200mg over 3 months from the pellet should work out the same for testosterone undecanoate. Unless there’s a big difference in the amount of testosterone being released over time between the 2 but I don’t believe that there is.
    From my research so far, pellets do not absorb evenly. Cremes are also not absorbed the same on every application and also testosterone cremes are not generally made for women. Then you get all the other issues with the cream of secondary contact. I found a couple TRT sites that say TRT for Females is about 10% of what it is for guys, granted they don't list an actual amount for either. To me that says 7-15 mg a week would be all that a female would use since most guys would be in the 75 mg to 150 mg. Also they recommend starting low and doing blood work before going up. With the relatively small amount being used I can't see pinning twice a week for that amount. One other thing is they recommend subcutaneous injection rather than into the muscle. This is probably to slow the absorption time and create better regulation.

Lot more research needed before I could say go with female TRT without a doctor involved, problem is most doctors instantly go to pellets and estrogen stuff to regulate female hormones and rarely really look at testosterone numbers. My wife's blood work put her testosterone total at 17 ng/dL. The lab work says 2-45 is normal, but when I look online I see TRT clinics recommend 15 ng/dL to 70 ng/dL and even one site that listed the low as 20 ng/dL. Also they say to get symptom relief levels may reach 200 ng/dL to 300 ng/dL. Those seem really high for a woman.

Franco C is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol_Wolf View Post
    From my research so far, pellets do not absorb evenly. Cremes are also not absorbed the same on every application and also testosterone cremes are not generally made for women. Then you get all the other issues with the cream of secondary contact. I found a couple TRT sites that say TRT for Females is about 10% of what it is for guys, granted they don't list an actual amount for either. To me that says 7-15 mg a week would be all that a female would use since most guys would be in the 75 mg to 150 mg. Also they recommend starting low and doing blood work before going up. With the relatively small amount being used I can't see pinning twice a week for that amount. One other thing is they recommend subcutaneous injection rather than into the muscle. This is probably to slow the absorption time and create better regulation.

Lot more research needed before I could say go with female TRT without a doctor involved, problem is most doctors instantly go to pellets and estrogen stuff to regulate female hormones and rarely really look at testosterone numbers. My wife's blood work put her testosterone total at 17 ng/dL. The lab work says 2-45 is normal, but when I look online I see TRT clinics recommend 15 ng/dL to 70 ng/dL and even one site that listed the low as 20 ng/dL. Also they say to get symptom relief levels may reach 200 ng/dL to 300 ng/dL. Those seem really high for a woman.
    This isn’t the first time I’ve heard doctors say pellets work the best but again, I think that’s inaccurate. This doctor saying injections cause aggression is quite exaggerated and doesn’t make sense. An injection of Test U, which is the slowest ester of testosterone, would work out similarly to a pellet. May need monthly injections but still should be the go to if the patient doesn’t want the pellet.

Cylon357 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol_Wolf View Post

I have heard 5 to 10mg per week as a good starting dose for women, but can not remember where. In other words, it might be legit, might not. It is however, somewhat in line with what you are thinking.

Secondary contact with creams is overblown, in my experience. No, you shouldn't slather it on then rub the site all over your wife, but in a few hours, you should be gtg. Just apply to lesser touched parts. For single men, that might be tops of feet, upper arms or delts. For married men, that is likely to be on the scrotum. I joke... or do I?

That said, I can not recommend creams for women because of the higher 5 alpha reductase activity in the skin. Well, I say that, but it assumes that women and men have the same levels of 5 alpha reductase activity. I don't know if that is true. If so, no test creams for women. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

Hey everyone thanks for the input. I’m forwarding this thread to my wife.
    Question for Ol Wolf since you have a wife on TRT, I didn’t see what TRT method your wife is using? Injectables? How much? What’s her height and weight?…..if you won’t get killed for telling me lol ��
    And how does she feel most of the time?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    Hey everyone thanks for the input. I’m forwarding this thread to my wife.
    Question for Ol Wolf since you have a wife on TRT, I didn’t see what TRT method your wife is using? Injectables? How much? What’s her height and weight?…..if you won’t get killed for telling me lol ��
    And how does she feel most of the time?
    Thanks
    My wife is not currently on TRT, we have been doing research as she wants to, but of course has her concerns. She is on some estrogen creams, but the family doctor won't even look at test levels in women. Initially we are planning a cycle or two of Anavar to see if with her current weight cutting diet and exercise routine she can cut down more fat and add some muscle which should help bring her testosterone up. A couple of blood tests while doing this and if it is not working then we will probably move in that direction very conservatively at 5 mg of Test Cyp a week to start.

She is currently 5' 2" and goes around 140 lbs, she is also 51 years old. Trying to get things figured out before she hits menopause then she will have a better idea on what to use to help her through menopause. Her goal and where she feels the best is normally 125 lbs, but she is keeping an open mind since using Anavar has other potential benefits which means she might not "lose weight", but she should add muscle!

Learning and researching as we both go. You just don't find a lot of non-competitive females openly talking about the use of PED's/Hormone replacement therapy.

Okay. I see. I think I’m going to tell her to tell her doctor to try out injections first and monitor that.
    Testosterone is testosterone and don’t see how one type can make you more aggressive over the other.

KamrenMclaughlin is offline New Member
    Plastic surgery has already become a part of our society. We can fix anything in our appearance that we don’t like. When you are popular, you often start to turn to plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgery is an amazing tool to help people achieve their looks and confidence. I, for example, did a nose surgery or rhinoplasty here in this wonderful clinic https://www.realself.com/review/face...nd-expectation. They have excellent service and the best doctors. I am completely satisfied with their work, and I can recommend them to others.
    Last edited by KamrenMclaughlin; 10-02-2022 at 05:56 PM.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    My wife does test C injections twice a week sub q

We moved her dose around a little and she is currently running 16mg a week.

My advice would be to start low and slowly work your way up.

We have been to a few different doctors but she likes defy
    blondy likes this.

Thread Information