buckeyes#1 is offline Junior Member

1 yr of HRT and still in the 300's

I have posted on here for the past year. Finally found a doctor in the spring that was willing to work with me on more frequent shots and adjusting my dose. I am currently taking 150mg/wk, but have actually been feeling a lot of my symptoms still. I tested at 303 when I was taking 100mg/wk, and he agreed for me to up my dose. I go back in Oct. 1st for bloodwork and consult. Take a look at my chart I attached. It shows my meds and blood results over the past year. Any input is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 yr of HRT and still in the 300's-dr.-karne.jpg  

JuiceBox12 is offline Junior Member
    What are you doing for your natural testosterone production?

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox12 View Post
    What are you doing for your natural testosterone production?
    correct me if i'm wrong but HRT is HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY, which is for life...so there is no option for natural test production dude..

I thought that was what hCG did. Mimicking LH in order to keep your testes functioning thus promoting at least some kind of natural production of testosterone . Then again I am new to all of this and simply ask questions to become better informed.

I am in the gym 4-5 days/week doing mostly strength training. My diet is pretty in tune, as I have dropped 30 pounds this year so far (6'2"-235lbs) My energy levels are pretty low still and my strength has diminished some (might be because of weight loss). I would definitely say I have increased muscle mass while burning fat.

As far as libido, I have no issues here. Everything works and wantit all the time.

Right on! Hope you get the energy issues fixed. What kind of cardio workout do you do?

I dread cardio. I just get so bored with it that I hate doing it. I like weight training because at least there is variance.

Gotta keep the heart in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyes#1 View Post

As far as libido, I have no issues here. Everything works and wantit all the time.
    Thats what this is for.

Lol! I guess power sex would be considered cardiovascular exercise if you are doing it enough and for long enough periods of time. LOL!

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looks like you were getting better results on the androgel . Why'd you switch?

You gotta hit that cardio tho bro. All the TRT in the world isn't going to fix that.

I didn't feel any better on the androgel even though my numbers were a little higher. I also have to get my two little ones up and dressed in the morning. Just didn't want to risk transfer to them. And finally cost was a big one.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    keep THIS thread updated in october...hopefully your test level will come up and the estradiol wont follow and you'll find the "sweet spot"

maybe in the mean time your doc can let u try a few shots of vitamin b? dont think it will hurt...hows your sleep?

wish u the best bro

I don't sleep really well. Tend to toss and turn a lot, even know I am exhausted. I have been trying to go to bed earlier the last month or so thinking that was part of my problem, but to no avail.

I don't sleep really well. Tend to toss and turn a lot, even know I am exhausted. I have been trying to go to bed earlier the last month or so thinking that was part of my problem, but to no avail.
    i pretty much have the same thing thus/also feeling tired during day/lack of energy....sleep is BIG....lately a lil better since sticking to the melatonin...have u tried???

mperk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i pretty much have the same thing thus/also feeling tired during day/lack of energy....sleep is BIG....lately a lil better since sticking to the melatonin...have u tried???
    just started taking melatonin too - seems to help a lot with sleep - also avoiding the pre workout drinks after 2 pm - which i hate 'cause I workout at 7 pm weekdays!

CFforged is offline Junior Member
    Melatonin worked for me in the past but does nothing for me lately. I'm right there with you guys on the sleep issue....

bub77 is offline Junior Member
    i live in ohio like to find me a doc that would perscribe test lost lot of musscle in accedint

Quote Originally Posted by CFforged View Post
    Melatonin worked for me in the past but does nothing for me lately. I'm right there with you guys on the sleep issue....
    interesting...anyone else get a tolerance/resistance to melatonin?????

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VWbug66 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but HRT is HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY, which is for life...so there is no option for natural test production dude..
    actually that is false,, some T therapy is used to jump your natural test production. say your at 300 to start, you get to 700 for a few months and come off, some people will then stay at 400 naturally.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    actually that is false,, some T therapy is used to jump your natural test production. say your at 300 to start, you get to 700 for a few months and come off, some people will then stay at 400 naturally.
    Not to question your knowledge, but where have you seen this? Seems to go against the whole idea behind TRT. TRT shuts down your natural test production, so how will this result in higher naturally produced test if you cycle off TRT after a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by CFforged View Post
    about a week on it and the last 2 nights seemed unaffected by the melatonin pill

45factor is offline New Member
    Any updates?? How'd things turn out? Best of luck...

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Ive never had much luck with Melatonin...

Am I to understand your doctor is trying to keep you around 300? If so that's crazy. Everyone is different and it should be more on how you feel; besides why the minimum??? Why wouldnt he want you to be near the top? They never seem to want you to feel GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ive never had much luck with Melatonin...

Am I to understand your doctor is trying to keep you around 300? If so that's crazy. Everyone is different and it should be more on how you feel; besides why the minimum??? Why wouldnt he want you to be near the top? They never seem to want you to feel GOOD.
    He is working with me, but its so long between blood tests. When I first went to him, he allowed me to do 100mg/wk of Test E. After I got my blood work back in June, he upped me to 150mg/week. I have to go in this friday for more bloodwork to check the levels again because I have an appointment with him on Oct. 1st.

I felt better for a short time after I went to 100mg/week, but even at 150mg I am reverting back to a lot of my original symptoms. Horrrible sleep at night, mood swings, lethargic, not strength gains, weight loss has stopped. Almost feels like I got a couple bad vials from the pharmacy. Maybe a bad batch from Watson.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox12 View Post
    I thought that was what hCG did. Mimicking LH in order to keep your testes functioning thus promoting at least some kind of natural production of testosterone. Then again I am new to all of this and simply ask questions to become better informed.
    You are correct, HCG will do exactly that.

Buckeye, sounds like you've made some great progress this year!! Keep up the good work, and let us know how things turnout in October.

Ok, so I went and got bloodwork done on friday and got my results today. Total testosterone is up to 627 (241-827) and free testosterone 22.70 (4.00-27). So it's good my numbers are up, but my symptoms are still not gone. I think I might ask him to check my adrenals when I meet with him this Friday. Any other ideas, why I would still have bad fatigue, no strength gains, etc. Libido is good, erections are good.

How are the other labs?? CBC, Metabolic, Lipids, PSA, etc.

CBC came back good. Only thing out of range was my monocytes were slightly elevated. PSA was 0.95 and is consistent with previous tests. He did not runother tests. Last time he ran estradiol and I was at 37, so I will ask why he did not test this time since I upped my dose by 50%. My Thyroid has always shown to be good the two times I have had it tested in the previous year.

Do you have any sleeping issues?

Some days yes, some days no. If anything, the problem lately is that I am extremely tired around 9pm. That is unusual for me. I was really feeling good for awhile when I went to 150mg/week, but it has reverted back to how I felt before. I was sleeping good, felt energetic, etc. Could high estrogen play in this maybe?

some days yes, some days no. If anything, the problem lately is that i am extremely tired around 9pm. That is unusual for me. I was really feeling good for awhile when i went to 150mg/week, but it has reverted back to how i felt before. I was sleeping good, felt energetic, etc. Could high estrogen play in this maybe?
    yes sir

Enfuego129 is offline Junior Member
    Mostly a voyeur here due to my lack of knowledge but this thread caught my eye. I too am suffering with fatigue all day long while on Androgel . The only time I feel my energy levels are normal is when I am at work (firefighter) and engaged in activity or when I am at the gym working out. If I have any down time I will feel like taking a nap within a half hour. Funny thing is I try to be in bed around 9pm to unwind and try to be asleep by 10pm. That is when I start to wake up and have trouble falling asleep.

Please keep us informed on what is working for you and your energy levels.

Thread Information