Testosterone , Serum 388 ng/dL 249-836
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 8.6 LOW pg/mL 8.7-25.1
    Estradiol 24.5 pg/mL 7.6-42.6
    DHEA-Sulfate 302.2 ug/dL 88.9-427.0
    Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.9 ng/mL 0.0-4.0
    C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac 0.13 mg/L 0.00-3.00
    Homocyst(e)ine, Plasma 4.4 umol/L 0.0-15.0
    Fibrinogen Activity 210 mg/dL 193-423

at 39.4 years old i decided to get some BW done for the first time. the numbers make me wonder how i've made any gains in the last 6 months :/

i guess i'll have to go back and get LH, FSH, SHBG, ect. checked to see why there's such low t production. it's funny tho. i don't have low libido (quite the opposite). the only real symptoms i have of low t is mood. i'm the opposite of a manic depressive. i don't care either way. don't get happy, dont get sad. I don't really feel like being outgoing either. I always figured it was just normal me but of course now my mind is racing, going back over the recent past to try and figure out if I had any of the other symptoms. as for gaining lbm over the last 6 months it's been hard but i just chalked that up to me pushing 40. and my tsh is high. WTF.

anyway, just sharing my results...don't really have a question. not sure what i'll do, no insurance so anything will be out of pocket.
    Last edited by HitIt; 01-22-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: because i'm sexy/awesome

LeanGreenMachine is offline Junior Member
    Well, your total T is in the lower 1/3 of normal and your free T is low. Your Estradol is in the normal range so I don't think your T is getting armoatized into E2. Yes, LH, FSH, and SHBG will tell you more about why your T is low.

My numbers were very similar to yours and once I started TRT went from 20% to about 15% body fat in 5 weeks and have been there ever since.

There are some really experienced guys on this board and hopefully they will chime in.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Your TSH level actually indicates "Low" ..not high.....when reading TSH it is read inversely....so you have LOW thyroid for sure.
    Low thyroid is a huge reason for the mood you are in. It can make you feel a humdrum not really caring kind of dull fatigue.
    I would highly suggest you take a look at it and do something about it. Your level would qualify for thyroid medication.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 01-22-2011 at 06:25 PM.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    just so we are on the same page i mean high tsh = low thyroid output my brain chooses the "high tsh" over the "low t3/4" way of expressing it i guess. kind of like choosing between 6 or a half dozen.
    anywho, hypothyroid and hypogonad is a double whammie. i'm still in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    just so we are on the same page i mean high tsh = low thyroid output my brain chooses the "high tsh" over the "low t3/4" way of expressing it i guess. kind of like choosing between 6 or a half dozen.
    anywho, hypothyroid and hypogonad is a double whammie. i'm still in disbelief.
    correct....high TSH level ='s LOW Thyroid.....
    have you been taking any t3/t4 anyway? curious....

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    correct....high TSH level ='s LOW Thyroid.....
    have you been taking any t3/t4 anyway? curious....
    nope nothing yet....still reading and wondering how/what i'm going to do. wondering how long i've been like this. ect.

for what it's worth....I have been hypothyroid for years....and just this year found out with a thyroid test called TPO
    that I am TPO positive which means autoimmune.....and the doc told me to just keep taking my meds...

so what I am trying to say is: try to get ahold of it while you can because once this happens, I am not so sure it can be reversed and lots of people who start out hypothyroid develop TPO positive....it is not anything horrible to be TPO positive but when this happens, it is harder to get a handle on thyroid issues....since in essence the thyroid is attacking itself...

but the good news for you is....it usually happens to women

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    sucks not having insurance with the medical costs here...same boat here bro....i should have more labwork done but cant....fortunately found a doctor that has reasonable prices for visits and writes for 6 months...hope u can find one in georgia bro....that was a very thorough set of labs there...hope u keep this thread updated....theres not a lot of threads with thyroid and low T factors..

slimmer...can u describe how u felt after starting your thyroid/meds..did u begin other compounds/meds at the same time...was it like night and day? to a lot of us thats how we describe when we start trt

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post

slimmer...can u describe how u felt after starting your thyroid/meds..did u begin other compounds/meds at the same time...was it like night and day? to a lot of us thats how we describe when we start trt
    started on Synthroid years ago...if I remember correctly. I was wired a bit...a little bit faster heart beat
    but it has been just this past year that I started tweaking with t3/t4 both desiccated porcine and synthetic or both

now....I only started BHRT a year ago exactly.....last January....for 9 months....felt the best ever in my life....no anxiety no depression....a great mood and slept the best ever ever ever....but...there was a catch:
    I was also on HGH for 6 of those months and with the combo of the hgh and the test and dhea, I started bulking up a lot.
    I was on 4-6 mcgs of compounded test cream ED and 35mcgs of dhea ....along with E2/3 and progesterone

the irony was that I didn't even care that I could no longer fit into any of my clothes since I felt so good....
    so...i went cold turkey after 9 months....on everything except for the thyroid meds

i want to clean out and start over. I have mixed feelings about the way I was medicating. There are conflicting protocols. If and when I start back up. i will more than likely do variable/cycling dosing. Not the same dose ED.
    Plus I will not do the test again. I really didn't need it. nor the dhea. And to add more was too much. I was told by a friend (after a cat fight) that I had become aggressive. Plus I had horrible acne.

The jury is still out for me. I want to keep learning more before I start back up. I also have a negative feeling towards the AA docs who are laughing all the way to the bank as they are now on the cash cow gravy train playing on the emotions of women and they really are not caught up with the latest as they keep going...cha ching, cha ching....

and when questioned? not something they like.....I hope this helps to answer your question....

sorry Hitit.....but he asked.....
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 01-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.

not a problem slim. thanks for all the replies to you and jp and leangreen. i guess my options are to find a doc i can afford or self medicate and watch my own BW. i'm thinking of running a trt dose test e cycle to see how it makes me feel. is this unheard of? i guess it can't be any more tricky than running a regular bb'ing cycle. I wonder if pct would help bring things back online from where I am now.

as for the thyroid i don't know. i haven't spent the last 10 months here studying up on that like i have on test. I guess I could supplement T3/4 as well and keep tabs with BW.

the only problem being i'd still not know the reason for the low levels without help from a doc. i might be pissed off right now if i had any test or thyroid hormone in me
    Last edited by HitIt; 01-23-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    not a problem slim. thanks for all the replies to you and jp and leangreen. i guess my options are to find a doc i can afford or self medicate and watch my own BW. i'm thinking of running a trt dose test e cycle to see how it makes me feel. is this unheard of? i guess it can't be any more tricky than running a regular bb'ing cycle. I wonder if pct would help bring things back online from where I am now.

as for the thyroid i don't know. i haven't spent the last 10 months here studying up on that like i have on test. I guess I could supplement T3/4 as well and keep tabs with BW.

the only problem being i'd still not know the reason for the low levels without help from a doc. i might be pissed off right now if i had any test or thyroid hormone in me
    your welcome bro...dont know wut all da apologies wuz about but always here to help...the test thing is done a lot but heard u dont wanna self medicate with thyroid just in case...i believe it has to be monitored ever so closely and dosages changing with every lab

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lots of good questions and answers here. Thanks for the thread.

well, i came across some schering/pakistan test e amps. i've been taking 100mg's divided into two shots per week. this week will begin week 4. i can't say i've felt very different except for after the first injection. a strange thing, really. i've been going through some real life drama that has had me upset for a few months. about 4 or 5 hours after this first injection, the feelings i was having of dread and gloom started to go away. i felt fukcing AWESOME the rest of that night, i mean i didn't give a DAMN about my problems....unfortunately, this feeling didn't last. since that day i've felt pretty normal and not very "awesome".... i haven't had any sides of e2 like bloat or nipple sensitivity but my boys have been feeling smaller and my sack tighter than normal. i have hcg but didn't want to start it without seeing what would happen to my balls first or before i got my first bloodwork done after starting. i know that guys say this ester takes weeks to feel in a bodybuilding cycle. is it the same with a trt dose? the truth is some of the amps could be real, some fake, all fake, all underdosed...so that aspect of not going to a md/clinic and having a legit prescription plays with my head. i plan on getting some blood drawn this week and suppose that will tell me something but it SUCKS not knowing FOR SURE that i'm injecting what i think i am. i may have to dip into my savings and find a clinic or md for a legit script. anyway, just updating my thread.

btw i'm injecting SC. 50mg every 3.5 days. i have exemestane on hand but haven't felt the need to use it.
    Last edited by HitIt; 03-21-2011 at 03:45 PM.

you get the same with some ppl saying they feel difference right away and others in weeks.....depends on the individual, how low before trt, etc.
    myself...i immediately saw gains in strength and muscle in a couple weeks ON GEL even...i was in the 200's total T in range but low before gelling

yeah i felt it that day for sure...i don't think it was placebo effect at all...i presume e2 conversion brought me back down...my total was 388 ng/dL 249-836 & free 8.6 pg/mL 8.7-25.1...i bet my androgen receptors loved it for a time....ah well...blood work to come this week, nothing more i can do.
    Last edited by HitIt; 03-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information