Thread: IM vs SQ

Brickhouse is offline Junior Member

IM vs SQ

I know this has been covered a fair bit lately but there are a few things I still do not understand......

IM being deep intra-muscular thus the Test going deep into the muscles and being dispersed into the blood stream via the hundreds of tiny veins within the muscle?

SQ being Sub-cut thus the Test going into the fat and then being dispersed via the hundreds of little veins in the fat?

This is what I don't understand. Looking on the net many have said that doing an SQ shot will be ok if the pin reaches the muscle, so basically not getting into the fat. But unless someone is very cut how can you get a slin pin (29g) in my case into a muscle? The only place on my body where I am fairly lean are my arms and legs for injection sites, my abdominal area is not the best, I mean I have a 36" waist with a fair amount of fat in that area!

So if I want to inject Test via SQ is it ok to pin my abdominal area or do I need to go for the more leaner parts like my arms or legs?

Reason for these questions are.... I am 37 and my T levels are very low. I have used AAS in the past but only orals and never dont PCT which makes me wonder now if that is what has lowered my levels? Anyway!! I dont mind doing SQ shots but to be honest not overly keen on doing an IM shot!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sub Q shots are injected into the adipose layer......the fat just under the skin. Whoever suggested that a sub Q shot should reach the muscle is ignorant. Give yourself the shots around your abdomen, stay at least an inch or two away from your belly button, use a 28 gauge by 1/2 inch or something close, stick it straight into the fat and inject slowley, rub the area gently for a few seconds afterwards.

Brickhouse is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    Sub Q shots are injected into the adipose layer......the fat just under the skin. Whoever suggested that a sub Q shot should reach the muscle is ignorant. Give yourself the shots around your abdomen, stay at least an inch or two away from your belly button, use a 28 gauge by 1/2 inch or something close, stick it straight into the fat and inject slowley, rub the area gently for a few seconds afterwards.
    Thank you.....My question is now solved! My insulin pins have 29g at the end of the packet, will these be ok?

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    ^yep, those are fine for subq shots of test. It forces you to go slow.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep, just pinch up an area between your fingers and inject into it, even if you have no fat to speak of you can still find enough adipose layer to inject sub Q

Thread Information