tommo020788 is offline New Member

Can I legally buy IGF 1 in Australia?

Hi there,
    I am a 25 yr old male, with no pituitary gland.
    If you don't know anything about the important function of the pituitary gland, basically one of its functions is to produce HGH.

I was on hormone replacement therapy until I was about 18, then the government refused to subsidize it, because I reached "sufficiant height"...

Ever since I stopped taking HGH, I became much less athletic, and much less energetic/outgoing as I used to be. I also fatigue easier, and take longer to recover after exercise.

I recently read about IGF 1, and that apparently HGH is just turned into IGF anyway, and that IGF is what gives the results for muscles etc.
    Is it at all possible for me to get IGF in Australia?

Also, one last question:
    Is there an increased risk of developing cancer with IGF 1, as there is with HGH?

Ace111 is offline Junior Member
    Found this on an Aussie supplement website

IGF1 Legal Status
    Being a hormone with potential for severe side effects, IGF1 is not available over the counter. It can only be prescribed by medical doctors and even then, it rarely is done so. Use of IGF1 without medical supervision is not legal in Australia and many other countries.
    So you have no pituitary gland, that mean you don't produce testosterone ? Wouldn't you be eligible for TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace111 View Post
    Found this on an Aussie supplement website

So you have no pituitary gland, that mean you don't produce testosterone? Wouldn't you be eligible for TRT?
    Not sure what you are refering to as TRT.
    And yes that is correct. My body does not produce testosterone , but I do get 6 weekly injections for testosterone.
    Growth hormone on the other hand is cut off to adults in Australia (the government does not subsidize it once you reach a certain Height, and bone age).
    I heard somewhere that IGF-1 is cheaper to obtain than HGH is, but I don't know where to get it from, being in Australia.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    HGH does a lot more than just produce IGF-1. I would do what you can to get HGH. If it is tough to afford can you cut out things you don't need? Smart phone w/ data plan, cable TV, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by EZ E View Post
    HGH does a lot more than just produce IGF-1. I would do what you can to get HGH. If it is tough to afford can you cut out things you don't need? Smart phone w/ data plan, cable TV, etc...
    Smart phone? don't need? 0_o
    I rely heavily on my smartphone to live my day to day life haha... I would be in a world of pain without my smartphone.
    other than that, I don't really have any other expenses, as I don't currently earn allot each week.
    soon I might be getting more money per week, so we'll see.
    Anyone actually know how I can get a hold of this stuff?

I'm a little paranoid about the extra cancer risk thing that comes with it though...
    Does anyone know the exact risk factors? Or is it not really a well studied thing?

Thread Information