BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

HOLY TONAGE HELP ! Got to do something ? Went from 240 to 255 in 2 weeks

What am I going to do I am taking .25cc Sat and Wed of perscription Testosterone Cypionate I am working out every day and eating 5 to 6 times day High protien low carbs. 1 to 2 gal of water a day ! 120 grams of protien from shake,; Taking Magnesium,fish oil large dose, milk thisle, green coffee bean caps, rasberry Keytones, and 1 adult asprin daily.

I took my 1st Injection Oct 29th and I weighted 240lbs. I guess it goe without saying my goal is not to get bigger or gain ANY weight !
    I am due today for my Wed. Nov 14th ,25cc Injection ! I weighted and almost had a heart attack WEIGHTED 255 lbs ? I know I have not gained 15 lbs of muscle and I guess my family has been to kind to tell me my face must be puffy. I am feeling so much better and I am hitting the gym2 times almost every day am cardio core and stretching . My pm work outs have not been intense since last Tues when I injused my wrist.

I remember way back when 30 years ago I always steared clear of Testosterone and especially water based Testosterone due to fluid retintion ! even in my fingers.

HELP QUICK WEIGHT LOSE ! I AM GOING TO BE THE GUY THAT EVERYONE SAYS HAVE YOU PUT ON WEIGHT THIS THANKSGIVING !
    I HAVE THE VACCUM CLEANER AND SHARP KNIFE OUT READY TO DO HOME LIPO DESPRATE AND SHOCKED !

My clothes still fit fine and I can see right in the worse place possible where the weight is in my gut ! I look 4 mths pregnant and that was one thing I had tried so hard to prevent over the years. To be clear I didn't have wash board abs , but my belly was not like an appendage that you saw coming ? I need help and I habe been in the nutriton section and I was following the series on DVD diet ? Do I need to look further and find a cut diet because TRT or not I can't live with this red neck beer gut I am ashamed and no it is not just a # it is also inhealthy to have a 15 lb weight gain in 2 weeks and it not be muscle.

Are the answers going to be burn more calories ? Because I don't have much more time to spend in the gym ? I could change routine BUT 15lbs in 2 weeks un healthy and seems like I would have to be trying to gain that much that fast and I have been doing to oposite I think Help ! ! ! ! ! ! I need to drop 20 lbs in a week lol ain't gona happen but I want to loose as much as possible ! ! ! !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.

J DIESEL3 is offline Associate Member
    WOW Buzzard that is a ton weight for just starting 2 weeks ago!

I could see that kind of weight gain at 5 to 8 weeks if your e2 is way up and diet is off..

I really dont think 14 days could raise e2 all that much + those shots are just starting to hit your system.

Maybe a vet could help u out sorry i have no idea..

Buzzard Marine Pumper,

You need to relax a little bit.
    I would bet a buck that 95% of that 15lbs is just water.
    I myself put on 5lbs in one week when I started my TRT.

If I remember correctly you front loaded your injections and took about 350mg of test the first week. (I think your protocol only calls for 100mg/week.) Just stick to your protocol.

Try cutting out the Gatorade and any carb drinks before/during/after your workouts.
    You probably don't need 120 grams of protein from shakes if you are eating a high protein diet. Try just 1 30g shake a day after your workout. Also, check the ingredients on the protein powder bottle. Many protein powders have a high sodium content.

And mostly, just relax and give your TRT some time.

Be well.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 11-14-2012 at 11:33 AM.

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    Yes, seriously, just RELAX. You are going to have adrenal and cortisol issues by stressing out so much lol. Just chill. Cut out these 2-a-day workouts. Take it slooooow. You are just getting back into this. Please just take it easy and slow down. I feel like we all KEEP telling you the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TennTarheel View Post
    Yes, seriously, just RELAX. You are going to have adrenal and cortisol issues by stressing out so much lol. Just chill. Cut out these 2-a-day workouts. Take it slooooow. You are just getting back into this. Please just take it easy and slow down. I feel like we all KEEP telling you the same thing.
    I hear you but the am work out is not really a work out with cardio, stretching and some core . Intent was to not get sore and burn a few calories and not tear down any muscles other than belly fat burning and that sure ain't working ! I have all day to do nothing and my joints are getting less painful additionally I am amazed at the speed that the oil based Cyp has hit my system ? ? ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-15-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Buzzard Marine Pumper,

You need to relax a little bit.
    I would bet a buck that 95% of that 15lbs is just water.
    I myself put on 5lbs in one week when I started my TRT.

If I remember correctly you front loaded your injections and took about 350mg of test the first week. (I think your protocol only calls for 100mg/week.) Just stick to your protocol.

Try cutting out the Gatorade and an carb drinks before/during/after your workouts.
    You probably don't need 120 grams of protein from shakes if you are eating a high protein diet. Try just 1 30g shakes a day after your workout. Also, check the ingredients on the protein powder bottle. Many protein powders have a high sodium content.

And mostly, just relax and give your TRT some time.

Be well.
    I am starting over yes guys, but I remember some from years ago and I always watch for sodium and atrificial sweetners , Could the high dose at the beginning (front load be the main reason) should I skip todays .25cc injection ? I am concerned and I mean serious about this 15lbs in 2 weeks that is dangerous if I am not misinformed ?

Pure Tstosterone alone has never been good for me I used SUS 250 and only every other week and very small amounts of Water Base Testosterone years ago or I did have fluid retention issues . But now it appears that everyone is a TEST advocate and the mirical Androgen ? Is this because it is the only hormone that you can get a script for in the US or what about Dca with test is that going to hinder your TRT improvement ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.

MyteeJ is offline Associate Member
    Agree with the guys above - probably a lot of water weight.

What scale are you using to weigh yourself? I noticed that humidity has an effect on mine at the gym + or - a few pounds also........

No doubt its water for sure.

I would have to say that its from you doing that front load of test..

I would just keep things the same and not skip your next dose Buzzard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MyteeJ View Post
    Agree with the guys above - probably a lot of water weight.

What scale are you using to weigh yourself? I noticed that humidity has an effect on mine at the gym + or - a few pounds also........
    Triple beams . . . . . lol no not really I just make sure I use the same scale to weight on everytime so wether accurate or not, the same + or - should be constant . They are rather expesive digital home bathroom scales and doctors scales at the gym and they are more irratic than the quality bathroom scales . Gym "doctor scales" will weight 5 lbs different fro time enter gyn to 15 minutes later ! I wonder if I am on a bulk diet as opposed to a cut diet I don't need size I just need defined muscles and muscle memory to kick in ? I needed to loose at 240 lbs 35 lbs to 45 lbs and I am gaining on a 50% Protien , 30% Carb and 20% fat ingestion of 5 to 6 X's a day ?

The reason everyone uses Test in here is because it is HRT. Maybe reread all the Stickys on HRT? You are replacing your body's own Test production.

I'm sure that large initial dose is giving you some water retention, but that should probably subside if you just leave things alone and stick to your protocol of 100/week. I forget, are you using an AI?

Please don't even worry about deca right now. You are being your own worst enemy. Stay the course. Let your body adjust. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. You came out of the gates a little too fast, but now you just need to keep at a nice slow stride. It's all gonna work out.

Total calories a day? Probably could lower them a bit
    Last edited by TennTarheel; 11-14-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    No AI's and not sure if I can get from doctor are they a class III drug ?

If your doctor won't help you get them from a-ar on the top of this board.

But DO NOT start them without getting blood work first to be sure you need them and what dose.

The same doc that gave you T should be able to provide an AI. Don't know about their classification but any doc prescribing T should be just as ready to prescribe an AI IMO.

Definitely not a CIII

They are not a class III

You would need a script but its not a controlled substance.

Blog Entries
    Thank you man so very much I must sound like a 22 year old freak'in out and all the questions. It is I just saw results much quicker and easier before But Injections of 12cc a week and products I don't even see discussed here, also a little credit to some of us stupid but obcessed with getting big , if we had sleep problems we would go to GNC and buy Smatomax (GHB) and we could work-out at 1 am go eat 4 pieces of grilled chicken and come home and take small dose of smatomax P.M. and we would be asleep in 20 minutes and get 5 solid hours of REM sleep wake up early and hit the gym again and had plenty of energy due to plenty of REM sleep and the weight gain was never a problem because it was slow and steady easily due to muscle gail maybe 3 to 5 lbs a month.

I think I will give it a couple more weeks before a blood test due to my front loading and I think that would give the doctoer a false reading as far as true need for an AI ? Pleace comment and I read the sticky on AI's but I did not completly understand it to the point I could argue my need with the doctor anyone care to PM and offer a simple way to talk the doctor into the AI need and not just a Bananna in the ear from his point of view. He is a GP and started me on Test and freaked when I asked him about HCG he said he was not knowledgable in that type of use for that drug, But this doctor is not closed minded he is open to my request if there is any medical backing for my request !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-15-2012 at 11:43 AM.

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TennTarheel View Post
    Total calories a day? Probably could lower them a bit
    i would start here...how many calories are you eating? it does make a difference.

btw, i'm the same age as you, BMP, and i fight the "battle of the bulge" constantly. not fun. (i like to eat!)
    Last edited by rollingthunder; 11-14-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: aesthetics!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    This kind of thing is normal. I put on close to 12 lbs first couple weeks of trt as well. An ai can help with it, but also reducing water retention can help, less sodium, drink plenty of fluid. Personally its not something to get alarmed at, can also reduce carbs to reduce glycogen storage will cause you to lose some weight. 120 g of protein in a shake sounds massive, assume it's spread out though, if not that could be a problem. And people might say I'm crazy, but keep away from am carbs,your are more insulin sensitive and carbs early in day can tell your body to use sugars as fuel and when you have a small amount and run out it wants to keep using sugars so pulls it from storage, not to mention spiking insulin and all the other metabolic mechanisms going on when you ingest carbs, and what happens over the following hours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE
    This kind of thing is normal. I put on close to 12 lbs first couple weeks of trt as well. An ai can help with it, but also reducing water retention can help, less sodium, drink plenty of fluid. Personally its not something to get alarmed at, can also reduce carbs to reduce glycogen storage will cause you to lose some weight. 120 g of protein in a shake sounds massive, assume it's spread out though, if not that could be a problem. And people might say I'm crazy, but keep away from am carbs,your are more insulin sensitive and carbs early in day can tell your body to use sugars as fuel and when you have a small amount and run out it wants to keep using sugars so pulls it from storage, not to mention spiking insulin and all the other metabolic mechanisms going on when you ingest carbs, and what happens over the following hours etc.
    Not gonna say you're crazy, but i don't really agree. I think since he is insulin resistant, the morning is his best time to take in his carbs, as well as after his training session. Complex carbs earlier in the day and some faster acting carbs immediately post-workout. With that being said, his total carb intake definitely needs to be limited. And with cardio in the morning, I would obviously do it on an empty stomach.

Blog Entries
    Kinda Gross am meals I could use some assistance in varity, Stewed Prumes, Oatmeal Ciniamon and honey, Oat and nut cereal, Sreaded Wheat. Of course not all of these at one time but I need more varity and I use Almond and Skim milk 50/50 mix . I welcome other foods and of coarse I have fruit in season as an am smack and then my carb intake goes to near 0 until 1 hour before work-out and 50/50 Gator Aid and water during work out and a carb high in fiber not simple but quick release usually a carb bar or a apple post work out to feed my muscles and ingest/digest proten built up in my body while I sleep . I welcome advise and or correction !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-15-2012 at 11:48 AM.

bigboy67 is offline Associate Member
    well, I reckon I will throw in my 2 cents....

First, there isn't a chance in hell you ACTUALLY gained 15 lbs that fast. Don't freak out, it really is a balancing act, and nobody gets it right in the first pass

But..... I would say that if you are feeling really puffy, swollen, headachey, that kind of thing, personally i would get my E2 tested as soon as possible. Some people convert E2 really easily and quickly on exogenous Testosterone , some don't. E2 issues can vary widely and are person dependent, but your comment about steering clear of testosterone in the past because it even made your fingers puffy leads me to believe you are real sensitive). I am really paranoid about my E2 levels though, so I would get checked in the next injection cycle trough just to be sure. Last time I felt "puffy" my E2 came back at 114!!!

It's obviously water weight caused by E2. I've seen plenty of guys gain that much in the beginning. I would attribute a good bit of it to your initial dosing, which we already covered.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Kinda Gross am meals I could use some assistance in varity, Stewed Prumes, Oatmeal Ciniamon and honey, Oat and nut cereal, Sreaded Wheat. Of course not all of these at one time but I need more varity and I use Almond and Skim milk 50/50 mix . I welcome other foods and of coarse I have fruit in season as an am smack and then my carb intake goes to near 0 until 1 hour before work-out and 50/50 Gator Aid and water during work out and a carb high in fiber not simple but quick release usually a carb bar or a app;e post work out to feed my muscles and ingest/digest proten built up in my body while I sleep . I welcome advise and or correction !
    Even if your e2 is the puffiness problem, and you are still concerned about your weight you should take a look at what you are eating. hardly considered good for cutting, way too much sugar. What is skim milk? other than sugar water with a little protein. cereals dense in calories, but basicallly all the breakfast food you mentioned is carbs. Tenn might not agree what I mentioned cause it goes against standard mainstream diet advice, but you'll notice a big difference if you give it a shot.

Blog Entries

Please offer more imput

1) How long should I wait to get blood work done after the dumb front loading the 1st week.

2) I read the label on skim milk and few if any carbs or fat are listed if I am not mistaken and 0 caloric intake.

3) how will AI's help with weight or do they just assist in getting F2's back in line I read Bigboys complete thread and saw hus 2 yr battle to get everythin balanced and that was with willing medical assistance. I don't think my docs are going to view my treatment in the same light as his did ?

3) I welcome am meal recommendations. I may be ingesting awful breakfast items ?

4) I welcome and desire any dietary change that are better for am carb intake , as a matter of fact mine is boring and I welcome a larger varity of info or reading material on am meals ?

5) I am going to stick with am cards as my largest ingestion of carbs because they start my day with fuel and I have all day to use them + they will be there for my pm time in the gym . Comments welcome

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    from nutritiondata dot self dot com:

1 cup skim milk - 86 calories, 12 gm carb, 8 gm protein, 0 gm fat

lot's of great info on diet in the "nutrition resource forum" section
    gbrice has a good "sticky" on diet questions there...
    Last edited by rollingthunder; 11-15-2012 at 12:25 PM.

I front loaded and went for BW at week 5 to see where I was and make the appropriate adjustment.

There are others better versed in diet on here but I would suggest some egg whites as a part of your b fast possibly in place of some of the carbs. Try also to eat whole wheat/grain carbs as those help to counter sugar absorbtion.

I love skim milk :-)

bigboy67 is offline Associate Member
    Sorry for the long post to follow... All of the testosterone in the world will not change your body comp without a solid diet. this fight is going to be 90% diet, 5% exercise, 5% hormonal (at least it will feel that way :P ) Follow this diet. Seriously... to the letter. Try it for 4 weeks, then start to make personal tweaks to suit your preference (for instance, I prefer peanut butter over almond butter) and to suit your caloric needs. Bottom line is right now you need a good diet base to start from. You will feel better, your body comp will change.

Meal Plan
    Upon waking drink ½ squeezed Lemon in 6-8oz warm water. Also drink 1tbsp Braggs Apple Cider vinegar in 16oz water.
    8AM) 3 whole eggs, 4oz chicken breast, add whatever veggies you want to make a scramble/omelet. Cook in 1tbsp coconut oil
    10AM) 6oz 90/10 grass fed beef, ½ cup pineapple (in water), stir fry whatever veggies you want in coconut oil.
    11:30AM) 1 hour before workout- 2 cans drained albacore tuna or 8oz white fish, 6oz yam(orange)
    2 PM) Postworkout- 2 scoops whey protein
    4PM) 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, ½ cup black beans (canned)
    6PM) 8oz swai/tilapia/orange roughy (your choice), veggie stirfry, cook veggies in 1tbsp grass fed butter
    8PM) 6oz grass fed beef, 2 cups broccoli
    9:30) Before bed- 25 gram protein shake, 2tbsp almond butter
    Supplements: Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1000mg 30 min pre workout. 5mg yohimbine first thing in the morning and 30 minutes pre workout. 15g fish oil spread out in 5g servings 3x per day. 100mg zinc in morning. BCAA post workout shake.

Meals 3, Postworkout, and 4 can be moved to fit workout time. Adjust the rest of the meals up or down as needed.

Workout 5 days per week. Cardio 7 Days per week @low intensity for 30 minutes. On non weight days drop the postworkout shake and the brown rice from meal 4.

Thread Information