junk2222yard is offline Associate Member

Adding HMG to the HRT Mix

I am on the big three already: Test, Arimidex and hCG . My balls are about 80% of what they used to be, size-wise. But no longer losing ground.

Wife wants to get pregnant.

Research indicates adding HMG can really boost my sperm production. But it is hard to find info regarding HRT and adding HMG. (Googling for HMG for fertility has a lot of results, mind you.) Searching "HMG" on this very site has zero results (maybe the term is too short). Anyhoo...

So, if I add HMG:
    - where do I get it? a peptide ugl, or can I get it from a real pharmacy?
    - how much should I inject? and how frequently? (Currently I am on a 3-day plan: day 1 hCG, day 2 Test, day 3 AI)
    - can I expect mood changes, like hCG can do?
    - E2 spike likely? or other cascading effects I should be aware of?
    - will my balls fluff out even more? (maybe I can restore that last 20%!!)
    Last edited by junk2222yard; 02-06-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: addition

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by junk2222yard View Post
    I am on the big three already: Test, Arimidex and hCG . My balls are about 80% of what they used to be, size-wise. But no longer losing ground.

Wife wants to get pregnant.

Research indicates adding HMG can really boost my sperm production. But it is hard to find info regarding HRT and adding HMG. (Googling for HMG for fertility has a lot of results, mind you.) Searching "HMG" on this very site has zero results (maybe the term is too short). Anyhoo...

So, if I add HMG:
    - where do I get it? a peptide ugl, or can I get it from a real pharmacy?
    - how much should I inject? and how frequently? (Currently I am on a 3-day plan: day 1 hCG, day 2 Test, day 3 AI)
    - can I expect mood changes, like hCG can do?
    - E2 spike likely? or other cascading effects I should be aware of?
    - will my balls fluff out even more? (maybe I can restore that last 20%!!)
    Have you searched 'human menopausal gonadotropin' ? There's not much, but it's here.

I've looked into this briefly in the past too. The 2 big problems I see with it are:

1 - most docs don't seem to be too aware of it's existence (there's a surprise)... it's hard enough getting some to write a script for HCG...

2 - it's VERY expensive. If I recall, a single shot was upwards of $25, whereas HCG is pretty cheap.

From what I've read, it's typically 50/50 LH/FSH, sometimes HCG added as well (not sure what additional benefit that would provide, if any).

Aside from a bit of testicular shrinkage, why do you feel you need to boost your sperm count? Have you been tested and results showed count was low?

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the reply, gbrice75.

I have not been tested sperm-wise, but of the few things I have read out there about men adding HMG, anecdotally it appears to boost sperm immenseley. Now, if it really is $25/shot, no, I won't be adding it. But if I can get it much more cheaply, and if I was confident I knew how much and how often to inject, I would like to try it and see how it goes? (In the interest of giving something back to the community I would even get my sperm levels tested prior to starting.)

However, as this withering thread seems to confirm, there is not yet enough info out there for me to proceed. I will keep researching on google, and if I get some good info update this thread, but I don't have high expectations. (And yes, my doc who was aware of hCG and various AIs and happy to give me prescriptions for them, he had never even heard of HMG.)

Thread Information