wizarddeath is offline Junior Member

HCG issues with TRT dr

Ok,

so I recently switched Dr's for my TRT and begun self injecting which is awesome. He wants to save me money over the weekly clinic. He suggested I drop the adex, and do my blood work after a month. He said I could stop doing the HCG if I wanted too as well.

I tried it for 2 weeks with no HCG. Let me begin with saying I started taking HCG to help with kids in the future, the atrophy and the ache that came about 3 days after my shot without it. On the 1st and 2nd week I had the ache. I said this is stupid, and started the HCG back, and no pain on the following weeks.

Based on all I've read on the subject, if your not taking HCG, your setting yourself up for future failure. I told my Dr this, and he said its fine if you take it, but I don't prescribe it for this. So my question is, how/what should I do? I still have a week or so of my old prescription....

Should I take this as queue, that this Dr isn't as wise as I thought he was and look on?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Just from my perspective, if after telling him the symptoms after you quit and he is not willing to prescribe. I think I would search for a new doc.

If he is ok that you take it, why wouldn't he prescribe it? Seems odd.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well Brett.

I really liked this guy, but he seemed to be the more do what makes you feel good, and we will test and make sure your in OK levels. Which is fine, but I don't get how he can say, its ok to do it but won't prescribe it. It always kind of irks me he says HCG does nothing for the pain.

Megalodon6 is offline Member

Novice489 is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problem with my docs. I would look for a new doc but don't burn your bridges with this one yet. Test only trt is better than none if you need it. And absolute worst case senerio there are other ways of getting hCG .

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    get ur hcg urself, hell if he is willing to prescribe test, thats awesome, i get my cyp from my local doc and my hcg and any other stuff from my clinic, cya in more than one way

How does that work J20?

I use to go to a Low T clinic, for everything, not the urologist for the self injection. I dont think the clinic would script just the hcg would they?

Quote Originally Posted by wizarddeath View Post
    How does that work J20?

I use to go to a Low T clinic, for everything, not the urologist for the self injection. I dont think the clinic would script just the hcg would they?
    sure they would! explain to them that ur doc wont prescribe anything else and u want to be on the full regimen, i started with my clinic, and then moved onto a doc who wouldnt do the hcg , ai or anything else, so i called my clinic explained this to them, along with what my doc wanted me at at for my test dosage and i asked them if i could just get the hcg, ai and any other stuff associated with my current protocol thru them minus the test and they said no problem,

it depends on who ur with, im not sure how lowt (sponsor on here) runs theirs as its 200 per month which includes everything, so if ur with them ud have to ask them?

my clinic has no roblem doing this as im still an active client and still get refills like every 3-6 months and im good to go, plus it saves me a ton of money, but my test is $30 for 1 bottle and it lasts me 3 months at my current trt dosage of 100 mlg per week...on insurance, the rest is out of pocket thru my clinic...

Do you pay the clinic for each visit to refill, or do they just write the script? You still do AI on 100 mgs weekly? My Dr has stopped the AI for the 150 weekly, but I am not sure if I need it. Waiting for the 2nd test to come through, but I am thinking I do.

I will give them a call today to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by wizarddeath View Post
    Do you pay the clinic for each visit to refill, or do they just write the script? You still do AI on 100 mgs weekly? My Dr has stopped the AI for the 150 weekly, but I am not sure if I need it. Waiting for the 2nd test to come through, but I am thinking I do.

I will give them a call today to ask.
    yes i still do have to pay for each refill, i still do an ai, usually just 1 aromasin @ 25 mlg per week, but im going to see how my recent bw looks that i have done tomorrow to see if i need it or not?

who is ur clinic if u dont mind me asking? if ud like to pm thats fine as well if u dont want to say in the open forum...

Thread Information