MortgageMan247 is offline New Member

Doc is taking me off TRT... Make a baby

Hey Guys. As you can see, I don't post but I read every day. This is probably my most used app lol

My wife and I are trying for 6 months to make a baby with no success. My urologist is taking me off TRT/HCG and putting me on clomiphene every other day and HCG but at 2000iu 3x a week.

I am going in 4 weeks for a semen analysis.

I read so much about staying on TRT and HCG but taking HMG but my doc laughed and said no.

Just curious on everyone's feedback. Doc will put me back on TRT when I am ready.

Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    I'm in the exact same boat as you except my doc doesn't want me taking anything until they do another semen analysis in a few months. After the establish baseline numbers for me, then I can go back on HCG but not Test.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Chalk
    I'm in the exact same boat as you except my doc doesn't want me taking anything until they do another semen analysis in a few months. After the establish baseline numbers for me, then I can go back on HCG but not Test.
    Interesting. The reason he is putting me on high dose HCG and clomiphene is so I don't crash. Which is what he said. I hope he is right. I had my TRT dialed in so good.

But I want a baby and a happy wife. It's time. 36 yrs old...

So was your first semen analysis bad? Mine was borderline low. He is confident he can get me back over 20million. Everything else was ok.

Rock Chalk is offline New Member
    Low? Yeah...500,000. The problem is that the HCG will mimic LH and the fertility doc wants to see what's going on with me. They want to test LH and FSH levels but they can't do it while on HCG because it will give false readings. Once they can test my FSH and LH levels, they can start looking into what is causing them to be low...if they are indeed low...and then treat the underlying cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Chalk
    Low? Yeah...500,000. The problem is that the HCG will mimic LH and the fertility doc wants to see what's going on with me. They want to test LH and FSH levels but they can't do it while on HCG because it will give false readings. Once they can test my FSH and LH levels, they can start looking into what is causing them to be low...if they are indeed low...and then treat the underlying cause.
    Good luck. Wish u guys the best.

Thread Information