PersuAsian is offline New Member

A question about my prescription

Here is my dilemma guys. I was just prescribed TRT this month by my doc. They submitted it to my insurance and seem to think that they will approve it but it has been a little while and still no answer. So basically I knew I would have to fill my first months prescription and pay cash. I told my doctor to send it to the Walgreens near my home that we usually use. Then later that day I saw that with the GoodRX coupon there was a decent savings at CVS. So I called my doc to see if they could switch it and they did. However I received calls from both pharmacies that it was ready for pickup. I went to CVS to get it and they said they don't accept coupons on controlled substances. I went ahead and purchased it though thinking that maybe that would have been true at Walgreens too. However I haven't tried Walgreens yet. I was thinking of trying the GoodRX coupon at Walgreens to see if they accept it. So here is my question: Will it raise a red flag if I do this? I would hate for them to report to my doctor and him think that I'm trying to double up and sell it or something. It has been a long road to find a doctor willing to work with me and I don't want to jeopardize that. However I don't was to pay twice as much money if I don't need to. Any guidance is appreciated.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I would not do it as it is considered a controlled substance. I've literally had a pharmacist sweating like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs because I was picking up early. I don't know where you are but I get mine at Walgreens with goodrx. Have gotten it at CVS before also so I don't understand. I would contact goodrx or speak to the store manager as some don't know how to process it.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    You do not want to do that.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dont double-purchase a controlled substance. Not wise, just eat it. Why would you risk your treatment over saving a few bucks?

The rep @ CVS is being a douche. I've used GoodRx coupons there for HCG before...
    Last edited by APIs; 01-09-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to buck the trend. But both pharmacies have a script.
    Pharmacies won't report back to drs as its not suspicious, you are just picking up a script your Dr sent.
    Considering its not on insurance, no insurance company is involved.

If you don't intend on blasting, then don't pick it up, advise pharma you want to cancel. But I'm not that sure you will be caught out, I doubled up 6 months ago, no issue, but I'm in Australia , so matching technology could be different.

CobraMustangSVT is offline Junior Member
    There is a system that will report it. In NYC, it's called iSTOP

I tried it once. Thank God the pharmacist knew me and my family and didn't report it. They can tell that you picked up a script at another pharmacy and what it was. If the pharmacist wants to be a dick, they can report you, if they're nice, they'll just gently ask you, "hey, didn't you pick this up already at CVS or whatever?" and deny you.

PersuAsian is offline New Member
    Thanks guys. I guess I'll just let the other one go. I may just call cvs and talk to a pharmacy manager or something and see if I can use the GoodRX discount before I go pickup my refill. Who knows, my insurance may approve by then and just his will be a moot point. Thanks for the input.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraMustangSVT
    There is a system that will report it. In NYC, it's called iSTOP I tried it once. Thank God the pharmacist knew me and my family and didn't report it. They can tell that you picked up a script at another pharmacy and what it was. If the pharmacist wants to be a dick, they can report you, if they're nice, they'll just gently ask you, "hey, didn't you pick this up already at CVS or whatever?" and deny you.
    Yes I'm in ny and can verify this to be true.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I use goodRx myself, if I'm not mistaken there is an 800 number on there for the pharmacist if they have questions how to use.

Agreed above, don't take a chance jeopardizing your treatment to save a buck, you very well could come to regret it.

Thread Information