Black is offline Anabolic Member

Understanding estrogen management

Throughout searching for information about estrogen and managing it, I'm sure my answer was in there somewhere. However, I failed to fully understand the literature. So I bring my question here.

So in general terms, I understand a SERM is used to block estrogen from binding to a receptor, but does nothing to lower the estrogen in your body.

And an AI will eliminate estrogen that hasn't attached yet, but does nothing once it's bound to a receptor.

Scenario:

Person A is on 200mg of test/week for years. Estrogen is not managed properly (infrequent or no AI use). E2 levels come back high, so Person A decides to start managing estrogen with a recommended AI.

After managing estrogen with an AI for awhile, estrogen still comes back high, even with dosing Arimidex @ 0.5mg EOD.

Could this be possible because of estrogen that's still attached to receptors?

How long does estrogen bind to receptors?

IF this scenario is somewhat accurate, would that mean that Person A would run a course of nolvadex to unbound estrogen from the receptors and then accurately manage estrogen with diet and an AI?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    AI doesnt eliminate estrogen it binds to the aromataze enzyme preventing it from converting testosterone to estrogen.

How much time are we talking about between bloodworks and whats the trt protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    AI doesnt eliminate estrogen it binds to the aromataze enzyme preventing it from converting testosterone to estrogen.

How much time are we talking about between bloodworks and whats the trt protocol?
    A year between blood work. TRT protocol was 200mg test/week and 250iu HCG 2x a week. I also ran two cycles during that year (8 weeks each), returning to TRT dose post-cycle. Nandrolone Decanotate was used during one cycle. AI use during TRT and cycles was intermittent, sadly. Hope that helps. I can get more detailed if you want.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    And you were dosing arimidex for 0.5mg eod for that year??

AI protocol is something it should be kept the same till next bloodwork. Changing it around is not the best aproach.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    No, that isn't plausible. Receptor activation occurs quickly and is then over. The estrogen doesn't just sit there and do shit for weeks.
    Besides, estrogen's half-life is less than a day long.

Your adex is just fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    No, that isn't plausible. Receptor activation occurs quickly and is then over. The estrogen doesn't just sit there and do shit for weeks.
    Besides, estrogen's half-life is less than a day long.

Your adex is just fake.
    That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Thread Information