ctenosaura is offline Associate Member

GFR decreasing. Could Test Cyp be causing this?

My glomerular filtration rate reading has progressively decreased over the last two years. It's at 55. Could this be caused by using 35mg Test Cyp twice a week?
    or using BCAA's, Creatine, or Prework out supplements?

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I doubt it's the T if you are injecting. I would cut the other out as that could be the culprit. Years back I had multiple kidney function tests abnormal, I cut out the creatine mono and haven't had an issue since, all Kinsey function test return to normal.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    My glomerular filtration rate reading has progressively decreased over the last two years. It's at 55. Could this be caused by using 35mg Test Cyp twice a week?
    or using BCAA's, Creatine, or Prework out supplements?
    Those supplements are brutal on your liver. Drinking alot of water helps, you probably knew that already

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89
    Those supplements are brutal on your liver. Drinking alot of water helps, you probably knew that already
    Gfr is a kidney function not liver .

Are you having kidney problems? Gfr is something that guys having kidney problems get checked , what is your creatinin levels?? Bun? Are you having protein in your urine?
    If you do stay away from creatin, watch your bp and eat less protein .

ctenosaura is offline Associate Member
    Yes Kidneys. Never said liver. I naturally have borderline HBP and take Losartan to tick it down a little. I think I should cut out Creatine, and use pre workouts that do not have Creatine. And limit my caffeine to only pre work and and occasional coffee.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura
    Yes Kidneys. Never said liver. I naturally have borderline HBP and take Losartan to tick it down a little. I think I should cut out Creatine, and use pre workouts that do not have Creatine. And limit my caffeine to only pre work and and occasional coffee.
    I know , that first line of comment was meant for the other guy who said liver.
    Anyways i say don't use pre workouts they increase the bp . Stay safe

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    Also reduce your protein intake will help.

Next time you have bloodwork take 3-4 days off training as hard muscle exercise can alter values a bit.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOL!D5NAK3 View Post
    Gfr is a kidney function not liver .

Are you having kidney problems? Gfr is something that guys having kidney problems get checked , what is your creatinin levels?? Bun? Are you having protein in your urine?
    If you do stay away from creatin, watch your bp and eat less protein .
    My bad. I cut out all those supplements and kidneys and liver went to normal

Thread Information