BoredIRL is offline Associate Member

When getting approved for TRT, do you generally just need to test low once?

The title says it all. I just want to know if generally you just need to test low once and you get approved?
    Or is there usually more to it? If all goes well I should be getting tested again in a couple weeks or so.
    Been a few years since I've been tested and I think with age I might fall into the low range now. Was close in the past.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    2- 3 times dependant upon country, consecutively

Crowbar62 is offline New Member
    Depends on country, doctor, insurance. For example my insurance requires two early morning fasted blood work results at least one week apart on file before they cover TRT. My doctor on the other hand just did the one lab and was ready to prescribe, if I wanted to pay out of pocket.

Just depends on your situation but I would plan for two labs or so.

BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    Thank You for the replies.

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    I was low but not below the threshold (I was 322, 300-1080) and because I wasn't below the 300 level my Urologist needed two sets of bloods to prescribe test. Had I been at 299 or below one would have been good enough.

MDelgado34 is offline New Member
    Ive had 3 tests so far and I see the Doc tomorrow. So ill let you know how that goes. Looks like the general range seems to be 2-3. I like Charlie was not below the "norm". Im also 25 so it will probably be more of a challenge.

LeeSin1 is offline Junior Member
    I needed like 5.

I tested the first time, at like 320 (range 300-1200), and the nurse made fun of me, laughed at me and said that my T wasn't low. I was perplexed by her but she was a very strange lady.

I got another test,and it was 298, so I was sent to an endo, who tested me, and I tested 400, and the endo said the test might have been wrong so he tested two more times, both below the 300 level. So I started TRT and it's helped me a lot.

Charger Hemi is offline New Member
    I tested only once before I started my therapy, but this was through a specialized clinic.

Thread Information