Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: SubQ vs IM. I know this is widely debated

Krb367 is offline Associate Member

SubQ vs IM. I know this is widely debated

Got this across my email today.. has anyone else ever came across any real research besides strictly anecdotal or preference?

https://www.t-nation.com/living/tip-..._dose-20-12-27

I’ve been thinking of switching to subQ for TRT. The article suggests 25 gauge lol which seems a bit much for belly fat.. and if I read right, their math is also wrong.. but what I put together (which I think most of us, myself included, already split our TRT in to 2 pins weekly) is to split your 100/200mg in to 2 50/100mg subQ injections. Wouldn’t half a ml subQ be a bit much as well?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

SubQ vs IM. I know this is widely debated

The article: Depends on the person. My total and free test drop by 30-50% when using subq, most other markers are unaffected.

Try both, assess how it affects your via bloods after a month or two, go from there.

The volume: 0.5 worked perfectly fine for me subq.
    Krb367 and wellshii like this.

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    The article: Depends on the person. My total and free test drop by 30-50% when using subq, most other markers are unaffected.

Try both, assess how it affects your via bloods after a month or two, go from there.

The volume: 0.5 worked perfectly fine for me subq.
    I think my main reason, asides from any possible health benefits of switching to subQ, is I find myself running in to scar tissue more often now. Everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass injecting in to it is..

Maybe I should man up and try the quads. I save my delts for blasting. Did you use an insulin needle for the subQ?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krb367 View Post
    I think my main reason, asides from any possible health benefits of switching to subQ, is I find myself running in to scar tissue more often now. Everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass injecting in to it is..

Maybe I should man up and try the quads. I save my delts for blasting. Did you use an insulin needle for the subQ?
    Nah, I just kept using the same 25g 1” that I had for IM, I just didn’t bury it, obviously.

As for the scar tissue: that’s why I have 14 different sites that I use (2 on each thigh, ventroglutes, side delts, front delts, biceps, and pecs).
    wellshii likes this.

Patton222 is offline New Member
    SubQ can be anywhere there is fat, so injection sites are literally endless. I personally don’t like belly fat I’ve been using outer thighs mostly. Also as stated 0.5 ml is fine as far as the dose goes that is what I do, don’t hold me to it but I think the max amount is around 1ml possibly even 2ml depending on the medication. For anything over 0.7ml of test I would use IM. I draw with 18’s and inject with a 25g 5/8 inch needle, the 25 is perfect as it’s more difficult to push fast which is where I think a lot of the subq scar tissue issues come from. I’d like to switch back to IM to see if the numbers are actually different, I do think I had more mass when I was doing IM but there were a few other variables at that time also. IMO subq is a lot more convenient and your chances of hitting a vein are very slim.

Painjunky is offline Junior Member
    I’ve been using a 29 gauge 1/2” insulin syringe. IM In the shoulder and lower butt cheek. Easy and works perfectly.

Thread Information