Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: Blast and cruise timeline with cyp. How long before bloodwork to come off blast

sfour_tay is offline Member

Blast and cruise timeline with cyp. How long before bloodwork to come off blast

I’ve got bloodwork coming up. Can I just use the esters half life to calculate how long before the blood work I need to be back down on my trt dose?

If I understand correctly 2-3 weeks on trt dose should bring my levels back into trt range.

I’m sure this has been beat to death so if there is a blast and cruise post out there please feel free to direct me to it.

Thanks again guys.

Btw. My plan as it sits. Is to return to trt dosage for 2-3 weeks prior to labs. But from some reading I’ve done, others condone stopping all administration for two weeks then going back on the trt dosage and getting labs 1-2 weeks after that.

Not sure how upset they would be but I got a good thing going. It’s a new doc and they took me at my word when I told them my old protocol was 200mg a week. So I just want to be careful.

I might be able to push the lab work date back to give me some more time. I’m just not sure if I should skip shots to let the levels go down faster then start back up trt at 100mg a week or just drop to that from the 400mg a week I’m at now.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sfour_tay View Post
    Not sure how upset they would be but I got a good thing going. It’s a new doc and they took me at my word when I told them my old protocol was 200mg a week. So I just want to be careful.

I might be able to push the lab work date back to give me some more time. I’m just not sure if I should skip shots to let the levels go down faster then start back up trt at 100mg a week or just drop to that from the 400mg a week I’m at now.
    Allow 6-8 weeks, IMO. Your T levels aren't the only values that may draw attention. You've got lipids to consider, blood counts, potentially PSA, and unless your BP is well regulated, your eGFR, creatinine, and BUN could be elevated.

Typically, I like to drop back to TRT levels @ 8 weeks and then ~ 2-3 weeks prior to seeing the Dr., I'll pull my own labs just for insurance/peace of mind.

The worst thing you can do is wreck your relationship with your Dr.
    sfour_tay and sully169 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sound advice. Yes I’ve got a good thing going and I want to protect that. So 8 weeks it is.

Thread Information