97viper is offline New Member

509 ng/dl Total Test - Seeking advice

I’m 41 and constantly tired in the afternoons. Recent bloodwork showed total testosterone at 509 and free testosterone at 78.5. In my 30's my results were always in the 400’s so this recent result was higher than I expected. I was actually hoping for 300’s or 400’s which would explain why I don’t have much energy and then I'd go on TRT. Since I’m over 500, I don’t think my doctor would even prescribe TRT, and if he did, I’m assuming these doctors just try to get patients around 500 or 600 or so, so then I'm assuming it wouldn’t be worth shutting my production down just to go up 100 ng/dl.

My only experience with testosterone has been over the last two summers when did Austinite’s “My First Cycle” and recovered with PCT. Last summer I felt good when I was on cycle. Sex drive was great. Energy was great. I wish I felt like that all the time. After PCT I got back to “normal” and libido dropped and I’m constantly tired. This summer I’m going to do another cycle of Austinite’s “My First Cycle” and very much looking forward to it. Other than that, I’m not really sure what to do before or afterward. One option is to do nothing until the cycle and then see where the numbers are after PCT this summer and go from there. Since I’ll start the test cycle 1.5 months in late May, this is what I’m leaning towards. I’ve also thought about starting TRT on my own (with no doc) and shooting for 700-800, then doing the summer cycle, then going back to 700-800 afterward. This sounds nice as it avoids going through PCT just to get back to my tired “normal”. I haven't researched TRT much so not sure if 700-800 long-term would even be considered "safe".

I’m just not sure where to go from here with a test result of 509. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

RoidJuice is offline New Member
    First off I didn't even read your whole post, but it looks as if you're interested in trying trt, but are unsure you'll be prescribed it at your current low 500 level. If your doctor is only checking hormones, and not glucose for your bloodwork, you can eat 100g or so of glucose 60-90min before the pull and expect to see your total test drop up to 30%. If they start you doing at home injections and you feel like the dose is inadequate, you can always manipulate your next bloodwork by pinning a little less or further from the blood draw date... the doctor, urologist, or endo may or may not then increase your dosage. However be aware, most of the aforementioned doctors will not prescribe more than 200mg per wk.

Thread Information