Luuke is offline Junior Member

high cholesterol levels (TRT)

Just did some blood work after my TRT cycle. I was on Test C. 200mg every week. The blood work was done lipids panel was

Normal Range
    HDL: 21 L >40mg/dl
    LDL: 136 H <130mg/dl
    total: 171 125-200mg/dl

I eat fairly healthy (could be better) don't drink alcohol, do cardio 4x week, and take my EFA. It's obvious the test is making my levels go higher than the norm. Just curious if anyone else on HRT or TRT has elevated lipids also?????

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuke View Post
    Just did some blood work after my TRT cycle. I was on Test C. 200mg every week. The blood work was done lipids panel was

Normal Range
    HDL: 21 L >40mg/dl
    LDL: 136 H <130mg/dl
    total: 171 125-200mg/dl

I eat fairly healthy (could be better) don't drink alcohol, do cardio 4x week, and take my EFA. It's obvious the test is making my levels go higher than the norm. Just curious if anyone else on HRT or TRT has elevated lipids also?????
    I had 227 total cholesterol before starting TRT. I am on androgel and my last one came in around 164, with HDL in the 55 range. I went from a bad cholesterol profile to the best I've ever had in my life on TRT. Doctor also put me on 50 mg synthroid a day at same time and doctor things combination of thyroid correction with testosterone correction helped bring about the big improvement in my lipids. I wouldnt worry about it the 171 total is considered great, you can get your HDL up higher with more exercise, but it could really be you cheated and ate at Wendys or Kentucky Chicken or especially bad, too many eggs in bacon a few times too many before the blood test too and its just showing a temporary spike because of some greesy food you ate recently.

There are absolutely no bells or whistles going off over that lipid profile.

lwb357 is offline New Member
    Are you nuts? Anything under 200 total is considered very healthy. My cholesterol runs from 260 to 320.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by lwb357 View Post
    Are you nuts? Anything under 200 total is considered very healthy. My cholesterol runs from 260 to 320.
    it healthy maybe but not very healthy and he's probably saying that it used to be better?

and no, for me...i havent experienced any neg sides thus far (3 years on test and arimidex )

considereding lipitor/questor? whats doc think?

bump?

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    get some ***** 3 to try to bring that ldl down. at least 3 grams a day

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    You better check the sides on lipitor before you go that route.

My boss was prescribed some but didn't take any because it has some very common yet frightening sides.

DEmentia, confusion, thats all I remember but right now. But they are supposed to be fairly common which is alarming

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    it healthy maybe but not very healthy and he's probably saying that it used to be better?

and no, for me...i havent experienced any neg sides thus far (3 years on test and arimidex )

considereding lipitor/questor? whats doc think?

bump?
    To much testosterone (how is your plasma level at 200mg/wk?) and to low estrogens.. this will put your HDL so down. And with LDL dont panic! Its almost in range and there is fluctuation.

kickinit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude View Post
    I had 227 total cholesterol before starting TRT. I am on androgel and my last one came in around 164, with HDL in the 55 range. I went from a bad cholesterol profile to the best I've ever had in my life on TRT. Doctor also put me on 50 mg synthroid a day at same time and doctor things combination of thyroid correction with testosterone correction helped bring about the big improvement in my lipids. I wouldnt worry about it the 171 total is considered great, you can get your HDL up higher with more exercise, but it could really be you cheated and ate at Wendys or Kentucky Chicken or especially bad, too many eggs in bacon a few times too many before the blood test too and its just showing a temporary spike because of some greesy food you ate recently.

There are absolutely no bells or whistles going off over that lipid profile.
    Damn I hope I get numbers like that when i start. I have so many medical problems, and I hope they are all steeming from low TEST.

Thread Information