JAMIE07652 is offline Associate Member

Asastrazole and e level question

I got a copy of my bw from the doctor . My t was 181 , free t was really low too (i forget what it was , paper work is not in hand ) and my E level was 45 . From what Ive read here , thats pretty darn high . Im on 200 mgs ew of test and .5mg of asastrazole 2 times a week . Heres my question , will the 1mg a week of asastrazole Im taking lower my E level ? Or does it just stop the extra T in my system from converting into E ...thx boys ...

side note: ....could living with a wife and 2 teen daughters have caused the high e level ? ...im thinkin ...maybe? ...

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1 mg a week should do it. There is really only one way to know for sure . . . get tested 6-8 weeks after you have been doing your current script.

MJRuff01 is offline Junior Member
    The high E is caused by your body converting your own testosterone into estradiol via the aromitase enzyme. Anastrozole inhibits the action of this enzyme so should lower your E levels.

Do you carry an abundance of belly fat?

gnbm...thx , mjruff01 ..thx ... im on week 4 of ten of test and then 43days of hgc @200iu a day and then will get retested . mj , even though my test level is so low , my body is still converting my own test to e ? and no , im trim and pretty fit , a very small amout of belly fat .

The enzyme to convert T to E2 is in your fat cells. More fat cells, more conversion. Of course, this is not the only factor. And it isn't just belly fat, although with high E2 a person tends to have more belly fat than distributed fat. Do you know your fat%?

It is interesting that you have such low T and such high E2. My basline total T was 440 which is in the "range", but my free T was low. My total E2 was 4! As soon as I replaced the T with HRT my E2 shot up.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMIE07652 View Post
    gnbm...thx , mjruff01 ..thx ... im on week 4 of ten of test and then 43days of hgc @200iu a day and then will get retested . mj , even though my test level is so low , my body is still converting my own test to e ? and no , im trim and pretty fit , a very small amout of belly fat .
    It's converting whatever natty T you have even if it is low plus what you are injecting as well. 1 mg of an AI on 200 mg of T is low in my opinion considering that you were somewhat high to start. I would think 2 mg / wk would get you down faster...but as was stated you need to get tested to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    The enzyme to convert T to E2 is in your fat cells. More fat cells, more conversion. Of course, this is not the only factor. And it isn't just belly fat, although with high E2 a person tends to have more belly fat than distributed fat. Do you know your fat%?

It is interesting that you have such low T and such high E2. My basline total T was 440 which is in the "range", but my free T was low. My total E2 was 4! As soon as I replaced the T with HRT my E2 shot up.
    If you are taking extra test then your E2 levels will go up. If you are not doing any hrt/trt and your E2 is up, then it will be very likely that your test will be low, because in this case your own body is aromitizing too much of your own natural test, and estradiol works as a negative feedback loop to the HTPA just as test does.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    imo the e2 number isnt crazy high but the total t is crazy low if your on 200mg of test weekly...makes ZERO sense

where r u getting these meds....they sound bunk, imo

trix8 is offline Associate Member
    No way, i gotta b missing something your currently on 200mg a week test and the 200mgs is only bringing you testosterone levels to 181?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    imo the e2 number isnt crazy high but the total t is crazy low if your on 200mg of test weekly...makes ZERO sense

^^^^^^^this,

are ur lab results before u started the t or after? either way 1mg a week should be enough to get that down, just might take a week or two longer or so. U could up that to 1.5 or 2 for a week then back down to 1 until you get your next b/w in my opinion - 45 is not horrible.

as asked - what is your bf?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post

I was under the impression that those were his labs prior to starting HRT

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by MJRuff01 View Post
    I was under the impression that those were his labs prior to starting HRT
    well in post #5 he states he's on week 4 so idk....jamie...straighten dis shiat out bro

Ruff is correct and sorry if i was unclear . My blood work was 2 months ago , been on test for a months now . Really , thx boys for chiming in . What I feel i should do is when im retested in 12weeks , I have a much better understanding of what the numbers mean on my bw . Thanks to you guys and this forum . And if my E is still high at that time , Ill now know to ask the dr to address the problem ....fyi I dont know my body fat % , my bmi is 23 and at best I could loose 5/8 lbs ...just cant seem to do it though , I put in the work at the gym and eat pretty good ....maybe the hgc pct will thin me out ? all the girls take hgc to loose lbs ? ...we shall see , thx bros

Sh*t , ment to say , been on test a month now ...

Quote Originally Posted by trix8 View Post
    No way, i gotta b missing something your currently on 200mg a week test and the 200mgs is only bringing you testosterone levels to 181?
    Hmmm, I took his post to mean that those numbers were his baseline numbers, and not after he had been doing the 200 mg/week treatment. Reading it again, I'm now not sure that is what he meant; however, how could he have such low T at that level of treatment.

My comment that his E2 was high was also based on the understanding that that was his pretreatment level, and with a T of 181 and an E2 of 41 it is a high E2 reading for such a low T if there is no replacement therapy in place.
    Last edited by GotNoBlueMilk; 03-10-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Got no , my bad !

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Always ask for a copy of your bloodwork to have for you records. That way, you can understand it more and compare it to previous results.

Thread Information