sirupate is offline Member

"Slim Pins" and Test. Cyp. Injections

Thought I'd sort of report on doing this. Got some 29G, .5", .5ml pins recently and did a few injections over the weekend. First up was vitamin B12. Loaded pretty easily and the pin was nearly painless. V B12 injects very easily using a "slim pin". Slick as can be actually.

Next up was my bi-weekly dose of test. cyp. Loading the test. cyp. requires some patience...takes several minutes. You can get it loaded, however. Obviously with a .5ml barrel, you can't do very big injections of test. cyp. The injection itself was again, almost painless. The test. cyp. injects at a faster rate than it loads into the barrel. Something about the pressure you can exert with the plunger and a very small diameter barrel.

Overall, I prefer using these small syringes to inject. I feel like there is less pain and less trauma to my quads. No blood on withdrawing the pin either time, so that was nice. I don't think I will go back to using my 25G syringes. Even though 25G is a rather small gauge compared to 21 or 23G, it is huge and scary looking compared to these 29G diabetic syringes.

You may want to consider experimenting with diabetic syringes and more frequent test. cyp. injections to normalize levels (and reduce conversion to E2).

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Unless you are very low BF then i would not recommend using them. A half inch pin is not sufficient enough for many people

And its a slin pin btw as in insulin

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Unless you are very low BF then i would not recommend using them. A half inch pin is not sufficient enough for many people

And its a slin pin btw as in insulin
    'Most' people should be fine with quad, delt, calf or chest injections, but you are right...the higher the BF, the less likely the person is going to get a good IM injection with a slin pin.

FWIW, I've been doing this for months now and I love it. Injecting in the quads and delts is painless and very easy. I'm about %10 BF too, so I can inject most anywhere and it works well.

OK...slin pins then. "Slim" seemed odd to me, but I just didn't make the connection to insulin -> "slin". I don't have much body fat on my quads and the injecting experience has been good so far. I thought we had also "established" that even if injected sub-Q, the testosterone is getting into your body and getting to work. So, if I'm into muscle at .5"...good. And if not...still good. These pins would not work well for me to do IM in my glutes, but for IM elsewhere, or sub-Q, they seem to work great.

Script is offline New Member
    I inject using .5" slin pins into my quads. I have very lean legs, but I pinch up the skin and inject subQ, never hitting the muscle. I inject 2x week. I alternate injecting using slin pins into my glutes. The pin never hits muscle, just the layer of fat. It is by far the most painless way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    I inject using .5" slin pins into my quads. I have very lean legs, but I pinch up the skin and inject subQ, never hitting the muscle. I inject 2x week. I alternate injecting using slin pins into my glutes. The pin never hits muscle, just the layer of fat. It is by far the most painless way to go.
    Yea....that was the point I was trying to make. Even the 25G 1" pins seemed like a sort of dreaded experience to me, but the 29G .5" pins are pretty much painless.

WallyWorld637 is offline Junior Member
    So are you saying it doesn't matter if you inject sub-q or IM? Why does most docs push IM for? If I could do sub-q I would go back on hrt, but after 2 ambulance calls and nearly pasted out on the floor I gave up my hrt. I was injecting in my delts.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test Cyp was tested and approved by the FDA for IM. To get it approved for subq the company would have to repeat the clinical trials based on subq studies. They are not going to spend the money for that.

Most docs stick to FDA approved drugs and administration methods. There have been studies that show subq is as good as IM, but those were not clinical trials. So subq has never been approved by the FDA.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWorld637 View Post
    So are you saying it doesn't matter if you inject sub-q or IM? Why does most docs push IM for? If I could do sub-q I would go back on hrt, but after 2 ambulance calls and nearly pasted out on the floor I gave up my hrt. I was injecting in my delts.
    A Canadian study has been cited here recently which showed that sub-q injections are at least as effective as IM injections in maintaining steady test. levels and less painful for the patient. I'd have to look around for the thread, but it has been a recent thread that this was mentioned in. I don't know why the docs push IM for TRT. Sometimes they do what they learned...sometimes this was many years ago.

gdevine has mentioned this and I found a thread post citing the study, but no hot link (which I have also seen somewhere). Oh..the FDA angle which BlueMilk talks about...that is surely the correct answer.

According to convention if we inject oil-based anabolic androgenic steroids into the fat layer beneath the skin and above the muscle (subcutaneous) it will impair absorption and could delay dissapation of drugs for many weeks or months. Research that was conducted at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Canada at the endocrine clinic tested the viability of subcutaneous shots.

The study involved 22 patients who were using the clinic for testosterone replacement therapy. The anabolic androgenic steroids was testosterone enanthate . The subjects were instructed to self-administer their testosterone subcutaneously once per week. The same 1ml that would have been injected once every 2 weeks was divided up into .5ml weekly injections. Blood tests which were conducted periodically throughout the 1 year investigation were suprisingly and unquestionably consistent. For exactly 100% of patients enrolled, testosterone levels remained in the physiological (normal) range for the entire duration of the study. This included both peak and trough levels (high & low during each week). Furthermore injections were extremely well tolerated. Each patient took over 50 injections and not one single adverse reactionn was noticed at the injection site.

The investigation concluded that not only was subcutaneous testosterone enanthate a viable option as far as drug release , but it was safe, cheap and far more comfortable for their patients compared to intramuscular injections.

Al-Futaisi AM, Al-Zakwani IS, Almahrezi AM, Morris D. Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report. Saudi Med J. 2006;27(12):1843-6.

ABSTRACT

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low doses of subcutaneous testosterone in hypogonadal men since the intramuscular route, which is the most widely used form of testosterone replacement therapy, is inconvenient to many patients. METHODS: All men with primary and secondary hypogonadism attending the reproductive endocrine clinic at Royal Victoria Hospital, Monteral, Quebec, Canada, were invited to participate in the study. Subjects were enrolled from January 2002 till December 2002. Patients were asked to self-administer weekly low doses of testosterone enanthate using 0.5 ml insulin syringe. RESULTS: A total of 22 patients were enrolled in the study. The mean trough was 14.48 +/- 3.14 nmol/L and peak total testosterone was 21.65 +/- 7.32 nmol/L. For the free testosterone the average trough was 59.94 +/- 20.60 pmol/L and the peak was 85.17 +/- 32.88 pmol/L. All of the patients delivered testosterone with ease and no local reactions were reported. CONCLUSION: Therapy with weekly subcutaneous testosterone produced serum levels that were within the normal range in 100% of patients for both peak and trough levels. This is the first report, which demonstrated the efficacy of delivering weekly testosterone using this cheap, safe, and less painful subcutaneous route.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    dude...i remember you...did you post about that before...sorry...guess you'll be looking into it...good luck

WallyWorld637 is offline Junior Member
    Yep, It's me again and I'm fixin to start my HRT back up. The only reason I stopped was because of the doctor I was using was a tool. With the usage of HCG now by doctors I am hoping to get a combo Test/HCG plan started.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i get my cyp compounded with ethyl oleate, and its smooth like butta - and will easily go through a slin pin if i wanted.

Thread Information