husker3in4 is offline New Member

Can TRT cause high prolactin levels?

I have been on TRT for over a year, just 2ml/mo. 6 months later my test levels came back at around 500, an improvement from the low 200s and ok I guess since I am 43. I changed up to getting 1ml every 2 weeks, so the same monthly dosage just at a more consistent level.

My last result 2 months ago came back at 991 with my LH and FSH next to nil. they also tested prolactin, and it came back at 22 (high). They restested my prolactin yesterday, but not the testosterone . My prolactin is now28 so its still rising and almost double what the highest normal level is for men.

My endocrinologist tells me its either the supps Im taking, or that I have a tumor in my pituitary gland. They already scanned my head and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but he says its possible that a potential tumor is just very small at this point.

The ONLY supps I take is whey protein (ON brand) and I alternate between Craze and Assault preworkouts, that's it.

He seems to think its the supps (easy to blame supps I guess?), but I have a hard time believing that something as simple as whey and/or craze/assault is causing this. He knows Im on TRT but doesnt seem to think it has anything to do with my elevated prolactin. Everything I read online says there could be a connection between testosterone and elevated "female hormones".

If I stopped TRT, would I need some sort of PCT to get my test producing normally again or will it just come back? I exercise 5 times a week if that helps.

Anyone?

It's most likely a microadenoma that can't be picked up on your MRI...it happens.

TRT nor any supplement will cause the elevated levels you have.

If you don't have any symptoms like loss of libido or erection problems you really don't have a lot to be worried about.

Drugs like Cabergoline can reduce these levels very effectively.

husker3in4 is offline New Member
    Is that available only by prescription?

Thread Information