mrmagoo2010 is offline New Member

Anyways to Lower Progesterone?

Hi All,

29 years old, never used steroids , 5 foot 9, 150lbs ( light I know ) I took some pregnenlone supplements in a bid to aid my high cortisol levels and it seems to have shot my progesterone levels right up. is there anyway to lower them? Please ignore my high SHBG reading as I'm taking t3 only for high RT3

I'm not on HRT/CLOMID/HCG etc

PROGESTERONE 10.7 [ 0.7 - 4.3 ] H

TESTOSTERONE 23.6 [ 7.6 - 31.4 ] N
    LH 3.9 [ 1.7 - 8.6 ] N
    FSH 4.2 [ 1.5 - 12.4 ] N
    SHBG 50 [ 16 - 55] N
    PROLACTIN 221 [ 86 - 324 ] N
    17-Beta OESTRADIOL 70 [ 44 - 156 ] N

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well this is the 1st I have heard about this but after some reading it makes sense. Is your Pregnenlone OTC? What brand?

"Pregnenolone is converted in the body to progesterone and these two hormones have some overlapping similarities. Pregnenolone is also converted into DHEA, which, in turn may convert into androstenedione, testosterone , and estrogens. Pregnenolone supplementation may increase progesterone levels and consequently other hormones in the body (testosterone and estradiol)."

Lowering your estrogen levels will lower your progestrone. Use Adex, liquidex, bromo, caber or another AI
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-01-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Well this is the 1st I have heard about this but after some reading it makes sense. Is your Pregnenlone OTC? What brand?

"Pregnenolone is converted in the body to progesterone and these two hormones have some overlapping similarities. Pregnenolone is also converted into DHEA, which, in turn may convert into androstenedione, testosterone , and estrogens. Pregnenolone supplementation may increase progesterone levels and consequently other hormones in the body (testosterone and estradiol)."

Lowering your estrogen levels will lower your progestrone. Use Adex, liquidex, bromo, caber or another AI
    I'm thinking of using caber/aromasin , as aromasin will also drop my high SHBG

My brand was micronized lipid matrix pregnenlone
    Last edited by mrmagoo2010; 06-01-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    A dopamine agonist (caber) won't help, as those decrease prolactin, not progesterone.

Ccdiesel is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    A dopamine agonist (caber) won't help, as those decrease prolactin, not progesterone.
    Isn't the problem with progesterone the fact that it will convert to prolactin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ccdiesel View Post
    Isn't the problem with progesterone the fact that it will convert to prolactin?
    No. They are completely different hormones and one does not convert to the other.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I'm not doubting you because I know you know a LOT more about how this all works than myself. I found several places though that were saying they go hand in hand such as these.
    Adrenal Fatigue and Hormone Therapy - DrLam® - Body. Mind. Nutrition®
    Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones
    Pregnenolone

Maybe I am interpiting it wrong. It wouldn't be the 1st time.

You can see my e2 levels are mid-range.. but this is non-sensitive test as im in uk

I guess my options are slim to zero on lowering prog then?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I'm not doubting you because I know you know a LOT more about how this all works than myself. I found several places though that were saying they go hand in hand such as these.
    Adrenal Fatigue and Hormone Therapy - DrLam® - Body. Mind. Nutrition®
    Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones
    Pregnenolone

Maybe I am interpiting it wrong. It wouldn't be the 1st time.
    I couldn't find the word "prolactin" in any of those links. Are you sure you read my statement correctly? Because you seem to be talking about progesterone and pregnenolone, not prolactin.

Thread Information