Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Zero sperm

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Can you remind me of what your baseline labs were before you started taking any hormone therapy or anabolic steroids ? I would have thought you'd see some progress by now. Wondering if you were this low to begin with.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When i first had labs done showing me having low testosterone I was low, but just barley in range on everything (lh fsh, free and total) I was 25 years old and had ran 3 cycles prior to having that blood work done. Never had blood work done prior to ever using aas so I have no real baseline. But I was never this low I know that much. However those first labs were done about a year after my last cycle.... so maybe it will take me awhile to reach the good numbers I had when I was put on Clomid. Unless my testicles have just permanently shut down from continuing to use aas and trt.
    Last edited by yeahbuddy289; 08-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    When i first had labs done showing me having low testosterone I was low, but just barley in range on everything (lh fsh, free and total) I was 25 years old and had ran 3 cycles prior to having that blood work done. Never had blood work done prior to ever using aas so I have no real baseline. But I was never this low I know that much. However those first labs were done about a year after my last cycle.... so maybe it will take me awhile to reach the good numbers I had when I was put on Clomid. Unless my testicles have just permanently shut down from continuing to use aas and trt.
    My gut feel is that your problem is not at the testicular level, but rather at the hypothalamic/pituitary level. That is, you are probably secondary and not primary hypogonadal. That's actually good news in that if a clomid/HCG protocol is not enough to bring up sperm counts, you will probably respond well to HMG added to the protocol. Given the cost though, I'd wait until about 3 months prior your wedding so that you are just beginning to peak when you want to conceive. After that, you will probably want to go back onto a regular TRT protocol and/or AAS use again. Just keep in mind you'll have to do it all over again if you want a second child.

I guess time will tell. Clomid has work for me in the past so I’m hoping it will work now if I just give it more time. It just sucks that I’m getting worse and not better.

Just an update on my situation... I had bloodwork done last week:

Total testosterone - 131 (123-814)
    Free testosterone- 20 (47-244)
    FSH- 1.6 (0.7-10.8)
    LH- 2.7 (1.2-10.6)
    SHBG- 47 (15-95)
    Estradiol- 11 (0-52)

It’s been 3 months now... I feel awful but hopeful if I stick it out things will get better. My LH and FSH have finally come up, but free and total t are pretty much the same. I’m hoping my LH and FSH will continue to rise, and then in time my testosterone will follow. I dropped down to 50mg of Clomid about a month ago but have decided to go back to 50mg 2x a day.

MICKY H is offline Associate Member
    Just looked through your post, have you kids already or ever had a semen test before.

No kids... my girlfriend and I are getting married next year and we wanted to start trying soon after that so I had a fertility test done and it showed zero sperm. We did a repeat test a couple weeks later and it showed the same thing.

MICKY H is offline Associate Member
    Have you been to a fertility clinic, its amazing what they can do. They can take sperm directly from your testicles, if there is any there and then freeze it later

I’m hoping I can regain fertility using clomid. Unfortunately I think it’s going to take a while if it even happens at all. I know they do some pretty amazing stuff and if it comes down to it I will explore those options. But I would really love to get my testicles working again and have a kid the good old fashioned way. And then freeze some for the next one because I will be dying to get back on testosterone lol.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    this is worth a read

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.00322/full

the discussion on HMG starts about 7 or so paragraphs down

Yeah I’ve done some reading on HMG... seems promising if it comes down to it. Unfortunately I think it will be difficult for me to afford. But if Clomid ends up elevating my FSH and LH, but my testosterone stays low that would indicate that I’m primary and HMG would not help me correct?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Yeah I’ve done some reading on HMG... seems promising if it comes down to it. Unfortunately I think it will be difficult for me to afford. But if Clomid ends up elevating my FSH and LH, but my testosterone stays low that would indicate that I’m primary and HMG would not help me correct?
    shoot me a pm if you want . I'll let you know where you can get HMG, pharma, for $90 (5 amps of 75iu each)
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It can take a long time to regain natural function. After cycling repeatedly, or blast and cruise it may take up to and over a year to regain whatever your natural levels will be now. A pct or power pct isnt going to get you back to normal in 10-12 weeks. The anabolic doctor has some information showing it can take months before you start to see your test levels trend upwards. You can use things like hcg , hmg, but the biggest factor is going to be time.
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    THIS is why I love this forum, people you've never met share experience, knowledge and support in anyway they can! Much of the information above
    Would take a lot of time and a lot of money to receive correctly, if at all.

I only read halfway down, sorry if I missed it being mentioned.
    If you would just get SOME swimmers, then wouldn't something like ICSI be an option?

Also, if you manage to kickstart the swimmers again, I recommend NOT jerking off.
    Sounds like something trivial, but my best friend tried getting a baby for 7 years in all ways possible... they tried everything the doctor threw at them because of extremeley
    low sperm-count (2 miscarriage). He got a side-not that said "stop jerking off" and they manage to have a baby a few months after =)

Jstone I agree... hopefully I just need time... I’ve achieved healthy testosterone levels on Clomid before so I’m hoping I can do it again.

Fiskevatten- yeah I would be great full to have some sperm and go that route. But I really hope I can recover enough to have a baby the old fashioned way... at least for my first child. If I’m able to conceive I will more than likely freeze sperm after the first one so I can get back on testosterone .

Oh and I never jerk off lol I have absolutely zero sex drive... I hardly even have sex... and when we do it’s usually her initiating it lol.

It’s been almost 4 months now and I feel awful. Zero ambition or drive for anything. I don’t even think about sex anymore, and I could probably count on one hand how many times I’ve had it over the past couple of months. It is such a weird feeling not thinking about sex at all. My penis has shriveled up and I’m pretty sure it would take quite a bit of work to even get an erection.

I’m also struggling to eat.. I have lost 20lbs. I am tired all the time... can’t make it past 8pm and I still struggle to get up when my alarm goes off at 6:00am. I’m falling apart and I don’t know how much longer I can take this.

It’s been almost 4 months now and I feel awful. Zero ambition or drive for anything. I don’t even think about sex anymore, and I could probably count on one hand how many times I’ve had it over the past couple of months. It is such a weird feeling not thinking about sex at all. My penis has shriveled up and I’m pretty sure it would take quite a bit of work to even get an erection.

I’m also struggling to eat.. I have lost 20lbs. I am tired all the time... can’t make it past 8pm and I still struggle to get up when my alarm goes off at 6:00am. I’m falling apart and I don’t know how much longer I can take this.
    Perhaps it's time to give the HMG protocol a try. I'm If it works, you might consider going back onto a more normal TRT dose with confidence that you can replicate fertility down the road when you need it. If it works, you might want to consider freezing some semen until you need it rather than going through the pain all over again. I'm out of ideas.
    Cylon357 likes this.

I’m still hoping I just need more time and things will come around. I would need to run HMG for a minimum of 3 months before getting another fertility test done correct?

I’m still hoping I just need more time and things will come around. I would need to run HMG for a minimum of 3 months before getting another fertility test done correct?
    Yes, 3 months at a minimum. Longer is better. Sperm cell should just start to appear in the ejaculate around 3 months. It takes time for the build up.

I just had lab work done again and I am extremely happy. My numbers have gone up drastically. I have been using 100mg of Clomid for about 5 months now. My total testosterone is 400 (123-814) it was 131 in September. My free testosterone is 68 (47-244) it was around 20 in September. LH is 8.5 (1.2-10.6) FSH is 4.5 (0.7-10.8) SHBG is 42 (15-95)

I’m hoping FSH will come up more... I have been taking some vitamins, herbs, and minerals that say they help sperm/testosterone along with 50mg of Clomid 2x a day. I think I will continue this but maybe eventually drop back down to 50mg a day. Got a script for another fertility test but I will wait a month or so.
    Cylon357 likes this.

I am taking ashwaganda root, D aspartic acid, vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, and vitamin E. I have heard vitamin E increases the effectiveness of Clomid.

I have never heard of that website... I will take a look at it.

Well I went from no sperm to getting her pregnant on the first try! Any of you guys that are struggling with low/no sperm there is hope!!
    Cylon357 and Fiskevatten like this.

Well I went from no sperm to getting her pregnant on the first try! Any of you guys that are struggling with low/no sperm there is hope!!
    Awesome! Glad it all worked out. Now start saving for daycare and college. Fathethood can be rewarding, but it has it's costs too.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Awesome! Glad it all worked out. Now start saving for daycare and college. Fathethood can be rewarding, but it has it's costs too.
    Thank you very much for all your help! Yes we will start saving! Lol

Bjorg89 is offline Junior Member
    I just had lab work done again and I am extremely happy. My numbers have gone up drastically. I have been using 100mg of Clomid for about 5 months now. My total testosterone is 400 (123-814) it was 131 in September. My free testosterone is 68 (47-244) it was around 20 in September. LH is 8.5 (1.2-10.6) FSH is 4.5 (0.7-10.8) SHBG is 42 (15-95)

I’m hoping FSH will come up more... I have been taking some vitamins, herbs, and minerals that say they help sperm/testosterone along with 50mg of Clomid 2x a day. I think I will continue this but maybe eventually drop back down to 50mg a day. Got a script for another fertility test but I will wait a month or so.
    congrats. do you also feel better?

I don’t feel as bad as I did over the summer... I have some sex drive but still not quite there yet. I’m hoping to freeze some sperm as a back up plan, and get back on testosterone until we are ready to have another child. It’s gonna suck to go through this again and hopefully I will recover again, but if I don’t, we will have the frozen sperm to use.
    Bjorg89 likes this.

Maas is offline New Member
    Did you have an illness (such as flu, or high fever) within two months of your analysis? High fever can make your count go to zero, and it takes approx. 75 days to generate new sperm. Ask me how I know. . .

If you did, you should get retested -- it may not be testosterone related at all.

I had no illness at all at any time near the two analysts I had done... I did however give the sample at home and my fiancé brought it to the office, which is what they told us to do... I’m wondering if I was never really sterile at all and the samples I gave were bad by the time she got them there and they were tested? It only took her 10-15 minutes to deliver it to them.

Maas is offline New Member
    That doesn't seem likely, as the lab would still see the spermatozoa, even if they were somehow dead/killed during transport. Zero sperm, I think, means no evidence of spermatozoa in your sample.

Glad you're getting it handled.

I have a script for another fertility test that I’m going to have done. If my sperm count is good I will then have some frozen as a back up in case I can’t recover down the road for child number 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information