bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member

Lab history during HRT

I think this might be a good thread for all on HRT to see. I have been on HRT since January 2012. I started at 140mg a week (70mg E3.5Days subQ) in July of 2012 after the gel and patch failed.

Whenever I did a cycle I would always bump up to 100mg E3.5Days because from labs I knew this would take me up to about 1150 total test (scale 300-1100). But, it seems that when I drop back to HRT after a cycle it kept getting higher and the last couple years my HRT dose has been 80mg E3.5Days from labs you can see total test kept getting higher then kinda varied because I would cut back a bit for labs most of the time so my Doc wouldn't reduce my prescription. Bottom line I started taking more and keep my test levels higher.

Here is what is important. The last year I have had some issues with breathing and fatigue. I finally went and got labs a few weeks back and some new bad results showed up. I always do two annual physicals a year (one with the VA and one with civ doc) with labs so I made a chart and looked for tends. As you can see from the chart my MCH, MCV, RBC and RDW have been pretty much out of wack since the beginning. I just figured it was because of the testosterone , low dose tren or Deca that I was making a whole bunch of red blood cells and they were small. Another part of the equation is another frequent discussion on here! I give blood fairly consistently (every 8-10 weeks). The last part of the equation is I did do var I think about 6 weeks (July 2019) and whinney (4 weeks Oct/Nov 2019) in oral form.

If you google the lab results for each (RBC high or MCV high) fatigue and breathing issues are two of the symptoms. Ok so now what to do? I started last night and dialed back my injection to 60mg and will just do 60mg E3.5days and no other cycles (for now). I plan to continue to try various things until I get good labs. I will keep this thread update as things change so that anyone with the issues may benefit from my trial and error.

So the first change is reduce HRT amount.

Any other suggestions? Maybe reduce the dose more? How long should I go at the lower dose before getting labs done again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lab history during HRT-capture.jpg   Lab history during HRT-tt_lab.jpg  

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So after 3 injections at 60mg (12th,16th and 19th) I am feeling better. I was trying to figure out when I should get labs done again? I read the below info. I didn't stop just reduced the amount. Any ideas on how long before the level out to the new norm? 44 days????

Testosterone cypionate lasts longer than other ester compounds. The lengthy half-life owes to the octo-carbon bond. The effects of cypionate hit harder and last longer. This gives the most immediate and highest testosterone injection results. The compound stays in fatty tissue, which is a reason for direct intramuscular injection. You see effects within 2 days. After that, it levels off around 12 days and persists in the system for upwards of 21 days. It takes 44 total days for cypionate to leave the system.

Thread Information