Kappa Capo is offline Associate Member

HGH capsule ( especially used for athelete)

HGH capsule ( especially used for athelete)

what is it? does it work?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    What exactly do you mean? hGH in a capsule form taken orally?

goose is offline Banned
    CRAP CRAP CRAP....This is an example:http://www.mysimon.com/Nutrition/900...mlpid=24902816

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member

whoops wrong manufacturer

Yea Ive seen it around novartis produces it. Im not sure on how effective it is, or if its worth it.
    Last edited by AnabolicAndre; 04-24-2006 at 10:22 AM.

No its an actual HGH in an oral form.

Two-Month Treatment of Obese Subjects with the Oral Growth Hormone (GH) Secretagogue MK-677 Increases GH Secretion, Fat-Free Mass, and Energy Expenditure1
    J. Svensson, L. Lönn, J.-O. Jansson, G. Murphy, D. Wyss, D. Krupa, K. Cerchio, W. Polvino, B. Gertz, I. Boseaus, L. Sjöström and B.-Å. Bengtsson
    Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism (J.S., J.-O.J., B.-Å.B.), Departments of Radiology (L.L.), Clinical Nutrition (I.B.), and Internal Medicine (L.S.), Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg, Sweden; and Merck Research Laboratories (G.M., D.W., D.K., K.C., W.P., B.G.), Rahway, New Jersey 07065

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Dr. Johan Svensson, Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S-413 45 Göteborg, Sweden.

ABSTRACT

Obesity is associated with blunted GH secretion, unfavorable body composition, and increased cardiovascular mortality. The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of oral treatment with the GH secretagogue MK-677 on GH secretion and body composition in otherwise healthy obese males. The study was randomized, double blind, parallel, and placebo controlled. Twenty-four obese males, aged 18–50 yr, with body mass indexes greater than 30 kg/m2 and waist/hip ratios greater than 0.95, were treated with MK-677 25 mg (n = 12) or placebo (n = 12) daily for 8 weeks.

Serum insulin -like growth factor I (IGF-I) increased approximately 40% with MK-677 treatment (P < 0.001 vs. placebo). Serum IGF-binding protein-3 was also significantly increased (P 0.001 vs. placebo). GH and PRL (peak and area under the curve values) were significantly increased after the initial dose of MK-677. Significant increases, with the exception of peak PRL, persisted at 2 and 8 weeks of treatment. The increases in GH and PRL after the initial dose were significantly greater than the increase seen after multiple doses. Serum and urinary concentrations of cortisol were not increased at 2 and 8 weeks (P = NS, vs. placebo). Fat-free mass increased significantly in the MK-677 treatment group when determined with dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (P < 0.01) or using a four-compartment model (P < 0.05). Total and visceral fat were not significantly changed with active therapy. The basal metabolic rate was significantly increased at 2 weeks of MK-677 treatment (P = 0.01) but not at 8 weeks (P = 0.1). Fasting concentrations of glucose and insulin were unchanged, whereas an oral glucose tolerance test showed impairment of glucose homeostasis at 2 and 8 weeks.

We conclude that 2-month treatment with MK-677 in healthy obese males caused a sustained increase in serum levels of GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding protein-3. The effects on cortisol secretion were transient. Changes in body composition and energy expenditure were of an anabolic nature, with a sustained increase in fat-free mass and a transient increase in basal metabolic rate. Further studies are needed to evaluate whether a higher dose of MK-677 or a more prolonged treatment period can promote a reduction in body fat.

this is the only relivant study I found

Novartis plans oral growth hormone

27/09/2004 - Emisphere Technologies of the US has entered into a licensing deal with Swiss drug major Novartis to develop an oral formulation of recombinant growth hormone, currently administered by injection.

The decision follows the successful completion of preclinical feasibility studies for rhGH with Emisphere's eligen technology; the latter firm has identified delivery agents that can deliver therapeutically-sufficient levels of rhGH to the bloodstream when administered orally.

eligen makes use of the body's natural passive transcellular transport process, allowing macromolecules to cross membranes and yet remain therapeutically active.

Studies have shown that Emisphere's technology does not affect the intestinal membrane in this process. Thus, oral delivery using the eligen system – which is based o carrier molecules that dissociate from the drug - occurs without chemical modification of the molecule or damage to the biological membrane.

Emisphere has designed and synthesised a library of more than 1,800 delivery agents and evaluated many of these chemical entities for their ability to facilitate the delivery of therapeutic macromolecules and other compounds

Under the terms of the agreement, Novartis will pay Emisphere up to $34 million (€28m) during the course of product development and a royalty increasing to double-digit rates based on sales. Including the initial payment, the US firm could receive up to $6 million over the course of the next year.

Emisphere will work with Novartis to initiate clinical trials of a convenient, oral human growth hormone product using its Eligen technology; the Swiss firm will fully fund the program including all clinical studies.

This collaboration is the second between the two firms, which entered into a license agreement in 2000 for the development of an eligen formulation of oral salmon calcitonin for the treatment of osteoporosis.

In the US, 10 injectible recombinant human growth hormone lines approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the past 20 years, and eight are currently marketed. Those drugs produce $500 million in annual sales for six companies.

As patents on them expire, other companies want to enter the lucrative market with generic versions, notably Novartis' subsidiary Sandoz, although the regulatory route for these 'biogenerics' is not clear at present. The latest agreement could lead to a premoum version - with premium pricing - should generics reach the market.

Kappa Capo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    CRAP CRAP CRAP....This is an example:http://www.mysimon.com/Nutrition/900...mlpid=24902816
    No no, this is from an chinese powdersource.
    Its real hgh but in capsule.

GearIdentity is offline Associate Member
    So instead of injecting hgh you drink it?

archeryblackdog is offline Junior Member
    I once read that HGH (Real HGH) can only be supplied in inyections, no capsules, Drops, atomatizations, etc....

GreenLantern12 is offline Associate Member
    HGH can not be taken orally! It will be digested and never make it to your putitory gland

OK, maybe some of you can't read my above post describes the delivery method...

The decision follows the successful completion of preclinical feasibility studies for rhGH with Emisphere's eligen technology; the latter firm has identified delivery agents that can deliver therapeutically-sufficient levels of rhGH to the bloodstream when administered orally.

eligen makes use of the body's natural passive transcellular transport process, allowing macromolecules to cross membranes and yet remain therapeutically active.

Studies have shown that Emisphere's technology does not affect the intestinal membrane in this process. Thus, oral delivery using the eligen system – which is based o carrier molecules that dissociate from the drug - occurs without chemical modification of the molecule or damage to the biological membrane.

Neuromancer is offline New Member
    I read up on that a little bit. Their test runs sound great...seeing that gh is the largest peptide they have delivered it has promise for smaller...more largely used proteins such as insulin .

By my biggest concern was price. I can't see how you could get absorbtion anywhere near injection, which would make the cost of running a normal injectable dose...insane!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Pre clinical is the key-word. If it had a patent it might be a different story.

Looks like happy horse sh!t. Would like to hear from any body but a mouse
    who has tried it. GNC and a host of other scammers have the same claim.

Teegunn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Pre clinical is the key-word. If it had a patent it might be a different story.

Looks like happy horse sh!t. Would like to hear from any body but a mouse
    who has tried it. GNC and a host of other scammers have the same claim.
    GNC and others have "secretagogues" - which are supposed to get your body to make more GH naturally. They don't do much, if anything at all. But that is different from what this "GH in a capsule" is supposed to be. I have heard about this capsule GH and it sounds very interesting. Shooting every day can be a real pain in the arse. However, I doubt that the capsule form will be anywhere near as effective. It will be interesting to see people start to guinea pig this stuff.

GreenLantern12 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I have not had much luck with secretagogues but my old boss who was 45 and boarderline obese loved it from the first day, more energy and so on. Me being 26 didn't really feel much till after like a month. And with the HGH in a capsule I'm not going to waste my money to try it.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't buy it. I will still say HGH can't be taken orally, not as yet anyway. And even if it did, what would the absorption rate be when compared to Sub-Q or IM? There would be a major difference. There are many supplments as such out there, and as goose said, they are all crap. It's a waste of time and money.

-Gear

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    i wish i knew the dosages that the subjects were being given, and how much was actually being utilized by the body, interesting to say the least

anyhow, don't get your hopes up that you will soon be popping a pill instead of injecting, this will have to get patented and will be on the market for years before it will be at a resonable price

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I don't buy it. I will still say HGH can't be taken orally, not as yet anyway. And even if it did, what would the absorption rate be when compared to Sub-Q or IM? There would be a major difference. There are many supplments as such out there, and as goose said, they are all crap. It's a waste of time and money.

-Gear
    anything is possible, i believe it can be taken orally just not the best method as of now, the price is gonna be crazy and who knows how much is gonna be absorbed, like others have stated it will cost too much to get the dosage that we are getting now from injecting

IMO, possible? yes. best route to go, no. gonna be the best route or cost effective or available to the majority of us, no. interesting, sure. can i expect to run this anytime soon, no way. should i forget about it and drink a beer, most definetey

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyi730
    anything is possible,
    Ofocurse it is, but for now, that way of taking HGH has not been perfected, so why bother. Maybe in years to come, but not now. Wish it was.

-Gear

ithilsul is offline New Member
    I've read about HGH being taken in as a spray that gets absorbed into your mouth, and I've heard about the pills. I know this little girl whos on HGH pills (given from a doctor I think?) to help with her stunted growth. Personally i'm on a hunt to get HGH anyway possible, in any form, before my growth plates close! So I hope these pills are real and effective... hmm.

I believe sublingal is more effective when compared to oral administration. So the stuff that gets absorbed in your mouth would be better then taking it orally.

-Gear

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    Biopharmaceuticals -such as rhgh- are so expsensive to produce, even for a big pharmaceutical enterprise, the appplicated dosings for most conditions being much higher than the illicit use, that there has to be something behind these studies.

But just recently the inhaled slin preps have been abandoned for exactly this reason -too pricy for a bit more convenience and if this is true for slin, which is a much bigger $-market, than this will account for hgh-preps, also.

_but_ -if they reallly manage to shuttle peptides into the bloodstream with a pill, they should get the patent for this delivery method asap, ´cause this would be the route to go for a lot of billions of $$ for any pharmaceutical company.
    Last edited by NewBreed; 04-27-2006 at 02:46 AM.

Thread Information