layinglow is offline Junior Member

Why does IGF sub-Q improve fat loss

I've always heard to shot IGF IM after workout. Well a bunch of guys in my gym got kits of IGFtropin. One of the guys is a Doctor and told them to mix it with BA and shoot it sub-q. I ran my mouth saying this is all wrong, 3 weeks later I ate my words as they showed me their 6 packs. and I'm talking all 6 guys. can someone explain this?

Carlito B is offline Big Pimp
    Hmmm..gues I was right after all

I am glad you posted this bro, I am not a doctor and I figured this out a while ago, injecting IGF-1 sub-q has a direct systemic effect by going straight to the bloodstream, injecting it IM is good too but the way we are to practice it is by injecting it after a workout or before, now after a work out we produce IGF-1 to aid in the recovery and repair proccess and by injecting more igf-1 you are increasing this effect because is going directly to a muscle that is "in need " of this which is good but your muscle will use up most of the exogenous IGF-1 before it goes sytemic.

I have an idea of whay IGF-1 is effective at burning fat but I'd like to let our expert Anthony Roberst explain that one in better terms I can.

Post up some knowledge bud

C

The gym doc also say's two shoot twice a day, due to half-life. and your right carlito, he said the IGF goes right into the bloodstream.

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    Still looking for the best way to inject, it seems like everyone has their on point of view.

doctadank is offline Junior Member
    the point of IGF isnt the systematic effect, but the effect that happens in the muscle thats injected PWO. IF you are using IGF-1 for fatloss then your wasting your money, its for addin new muscle cells. Injecting sub-q will just give you a big gut, imo...

Carlito B is offline Big Pimp
    I have switched from IM to sub-q and had noticed the increased fat loss, I used to believe IGF-1 will cause localized growth which is true but it was due to the increased expression of MGF which as we know is one of IGF-1's spliced isoforms which primary function is to activate satellite stem cells. Once I learned about MGF I realized I was wasting my IGF-1 if localized is all I wanted.

Thanks,

C

Well, IGF doesn't actually act directly on the fat cells (*there are no IGF receptors in adipocytes), so my thought is that it must act in some kind of paracrine way, or possibly by inhibition of the action of antilipolytic compounds (like adenosine, prostaglandins and possibly insulin to some extent).

I have researched IGF, and can't find a conclusive reason for the strong fat loss properties. but sometimes what happens real life is different then whats supposed to happen on paper.

noob1337 is offline New Member
    i will use subq 40mcg/day , my goal and fat loss, can someone tell me the best schedule to apply?

The theory says that IGF gets pick up by beta receptors in the muscles cells. The cells then use the IGF in mitochondria. That's why IGF is injected IM locally after a hard workout (hard work resets the beta receptors) of that specific muscle. If your friends are injecting sub-q and getting 6 packs it doesn't seem to fit the theory as fat cells have little to no beta receptors. Hard work and diet also pops out six packs. Maybe IGF is less of a factor in them getting 6 packs than their diligent diet and training. After having said this, I'm of the opinion that if taking placebo pills makes you feel strong so you can lift 20 lbs more, then by all means take the placebo pills!

Thread Information