Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ithilsul

Thread: Longterm HGH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hateme is offline Junior Member

Longterm HGH

I have been reading here for yrs. This place has the best knowledge for HGH.

Do you need to cycle off a longterm low dose of HGH? I have been taking 2.5 iu's for about 2yrs for HRT.

goose is offline Banned
    A study for you.

Whole body and regional soft tissue changes in growth hormone deficient adults after one year of growth hormone treatment: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study.

Hansen TB, Vahl N, Jorgensen JO, Christiansen JS, Hagen C.

Department of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark.

OBJECTIVE: Adults with GH deficiency (GHD) exhibit changes in body composition. Studies of the effects of GH substitution on body composition have been short-term or not adequately controlled. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the long-term effects of GH on soft tissue using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA). This technique enables assessment of whole body as well as regional soft tissue composition. DESIGN: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study in patients with acquired GHD. The therapeutic regime consisted of biosynthetic human GH ( 2.0 IU/m2 per day) or placebo, given as a daily subcutaneous injection at 2000 h for 12 months. PATIENTS: Twenty-nine patients with acquired GHD (GH < 10 micrograms/l (< 20 mU/l) following standard provocative tests) in whom additional hormone replacement was maintained. MEASUREMENTS: Soft tissue determinations by DEXA scan, height, weight, foot volume and finger circumference were recorded together with serum IGF-I at baseline and after 12 months. RESULTS: Twelve months of GH therapy induced a total fat mass (FM) reduction of (mean +/- SEM) 4.88 +/- 0.58 kg (P < 0.002) (n = 13) corresponding to 21.5% of the total FM. The reduction in fat was most marked in the trunk, i.e. 3.07 +/- 0.29 kg (P < 0.002) corresponding to 61% of the total FM reduction. Total lean soft tissue mass (LSTM) increased by 3.31 +/- 0.81 kg (P < 0.001). Regional changes for arm and leg in the GH group amounted to 0.32 +/- 0.08 kg (P < 0.002) and 0.71 +/- 0.14 kg (P < 0.002), respectively, without accompanying significant changes in truncal LSTM between the groups. The foot volume was increased by 55.8 +/- 15.7 ml (P < 0.007) and the finger circumference by 2.67 +/- 0.5 mm (P < 0.005) on active treatment with no significant changes in the placebo group. CONCLUSIONS: Twelve months of GH therapy induced marked changes in soft tissue; fat mass was reduced, particularly in the trunk (61% of total fat mass reduction) whereas lean soft tissue mass increased more in the extremities. The data imply that GH-induced changes in body composition are maintained with long-term therapy.

goose is offline Banned
    I am correct in saying your over 34?

hateme is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    I am correct in saying your over 34?
    Yes, sorry I should have gave stats.

I am 36, and have been on testosterone replacement for 2yrs. I also tested low for IGF. So, I have worked my way up to 2.5 ius over the last few yrs.

I just wondered if I should take a few months off??

Of course, I am not asking my dr. because I have been getting my hgh on my own. I can't afford it from the pharmacy.

And, thanks for the study you posted.

ithilsul is offline New Member
    hateme, since I can't send private messages, could you please email me? I have a question about cost of HGH...

My email is [email protected] if you can.
    Susan Dey likes this.

Thread Information