GamePitbull is offline New Member

Acetic Acid question- Noen norske medlemmer her?

Has anyone tried this:
    "For IGF you use an acetic acid solution. If one was not made available to you you can make the solution using 7 parts distilled water and 1 part vinegar from the grocery store. You must filter this through a sterile syring filter before use however."

I need to make my own acetic acid because I can`t get it. It`s not easy to order from this country and my source don`t have it.
    My igf-1 is "Igtropin"

What is a sterile syringe filter? Can this be bought from a pharmacy?

Yep, before Acetic Acid was available at many research outfits, I used this quite a bit. I wrote a post a few years back somewhat to the effect of what you have mentioned. Here is a copy of the post that explains the way to do it. This day and time, you can probably find either 0.6% acetic acid solution ready to go, or 10% sterile acetic acid that you can dilute down. If not, here is how to use vinegar to make your own.

I have noticed several posts lately wondering about a method for reconstituting IGF-1 and a few posts about using vinegar/water to do so. I originally wrote this when LR3 started becoming available in reasonable quantity for a forum that I am a Moderator at, but since there seems to be a reasonable interest with the community as a whole, I will post it here for those that might be interested. -RB

I began using this method many months ago ... mainly out of impatience. I was out of Benzyl Alcohol, and while I had access to HCl, it wasn't accessible when I wanted to begin my Long R3 IGF-1 cycle. I decided to use plain ol' grocery store Distilled White Vinegar. I used the following, which has worked out really well for me. The feedback I have received from many others that I have shared it with has been positive as well. Here it is for anyone that is interested:

The calculation:
    Distilled white vinegar is supposed to be standardized to ~5% acetic acid, which would make it ~850mM. To get it to LR3’s recommended and preferred environment of 100mM, you'll want to dilute our distilled white vinegar down to 11.76% white vinegar (100mM/850mM = 11.76%), with the remaining 88.24% being deionized water (or in a pinch distilled water). Since it would be almost impossible to accurately draw out 11.76IU's of distilled white vinegar , I personally round this up to 12IU’s, which is going to be close enough to our desired 100mM to work well.

The filtering process:
    I use off the shelf grocery store distilled white vinegar. In order to ensure safety, I filter it using .20u whatman filters. Here is the step by step for those that may not be familiar with filtering using whatmans. You can tackle this in one of two ways. You can filter the distilled white vinegar by itself, or you can mix your vinegar and deionized (or distilled) water together, then filter the mixture through a .20u whatman.

The items that you will want to have on hand (in addition to your distilled white vinegar and deionized, distilled, or sterile water) before starting out are some sterile vials, some .20u whatman filters, some syringes and needles (I use a 10cc syringe, and .23 gauge 1" needles), and some alcohol swabs.

(1) First draw up your desired amount of distilled white vinegar (or your solution of 7.5 parts of water to 1 part of distilled white vinegar)
    (2) screw on the .20u whatman to the end of your syringe
    (3) screw on the needle to the end of your whatman filter
    (4) take a sterile vial, swab the top with alcohol, then insert a needle for venting.
    (5) Insert your syringe/whatman/needle apparatus and slowly push the contents into the sterile vial.

Now you have safe vinegar (or vinegar / water) to use for your reconstituting.

Reconstituting:

How much water/vinegar you reconstitute with is going to somewhat depend on which LR3 IGF-1 you are using. Igtropin is shipped in 100mcg vials, which I usually reconstitute at 1ml(cc) per 100mcg vial (which will make the 10 mark on your insulin syringe = 10 mcgs). The gropep based IGF-1's are primarily shipped in 1mg vials, and I usually use 5ml for these (which will make the 10 mark on your insulin syringe = 20mcgs).
    In any event, what you will want to do is:

(1) take an alcohol swab and swab the tops of my water, vinegar solution, and IGF-1 vials
    (2) take a syringe with your preferred needle, and draw out .12 cc's of vinegar for the 100mcg vials or .60 cc's for the 1mg vials (If you have filtered the vinegar alone).
    (3) next I take this syringe and draw out the water - .88cc's for 100mcg, 4.4cc's for the 1mg (also if you have filtered the vinegar alone).

IF YOU HAVE MIXED THE VINEGAR & WATER BEFORE FILTERING - in lieu of steps (2) and (3) - Just draw out the desired amount of dilutent from your pre-mixed vial of vinegar / water into your syringe.

(4) next, poke the needle into the LR3 IGF-1 vial and dribble this solution down the side of the vial, avoid any direct spray on the lyophilized powder until all of the dilutent is in the vial
    (5) using a gentle swirling motion, reconstitute the powder.
    (6) Your LR3 is now ready to use. I personally stick the vial in the fridge (not absolutely necessary, but not a bad idea none the less).

I think that about sums it up. Hope this helps anyone who may have been wondering about using vinegar to reconstitute. I would advise that if you end up using Igtropin, you seriously consider using this vinegar method. Igtropin does not get along nicely at all with other dilutents such as BA.

Written by RedBaron

BoleBiff is offline New Member

norge

er fra norge. skal til aa bestille IGF-1. 4 gram i forste omgang. har du provd IGF-1 for? var det bra? is sodium chloride an acetic acid?

Quote Originally Posted by BoleBiff
    is sodium chloride an acetic acid?
    Nope - it is sterile water. It is used to dilute the bite of acetic acid in injections. If you are talking about 0.9% sodium chloride in water, it is known medically as normal saline. It is isotonic with blood plasma.

We use it for fluid replacement therapy cases such as prevention or treatment of dehydration, or as an intravenous therapy to prevent hypovolemic shock due to blood loss.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good to see you RB!!!!

thanks redbaron! im about to order some lr3 igf-1from the link to this website, and 1gram comes with 10 ml sodium chloride. my plan is to mix it all at the same time.. lets say i use about 80 mcg a day..how many days can i ceep it mixed out with sodium chloride in the fridge?

sorry, 1mg comes with 10 ml.

Assuming the PH is correct for the LR3 (I would assume from the source you're speaking of it is), then your LR3 will be viable in the fridge for a long time (gropep states up to a couple of years in 100mM Acetic Acid solution).

At 80mcgs a day, all you really need to do is get a couple of weeks out of it ... you will most certainly have no problem there. Best of luck. At 80mcgs a day you should see some decent improvement in fat loss, muscle fullness, and all of the good things that LR3 can do for you.

GamePitbull is offline New Member
    Thx for excellent information RedBaron
    I am ready to make my own AceticAcid.

BoleBiff:
    Har ikke brukt igf-1 før. Begynner nå. Har brukt en del vekst med svært gode resultater.
    Har du bestilt med suksess fra denne leverandøren før?
    Har forøvrig fått info. om at Acetic Acid selges resptfritt på apotek

GamePitbull:
    jeg sendte inn en bestilling idag som jeg skal motta i lopet av 3 dager..har aldri bestillt derifra for. jeg bor for tiden i USA, saa jeg vet ikke hvordan det fungerer med frakt til norge. Jeg har ingen erfaring med vekst, kun anabole steroider. IGF-1 er ogsa nytt for meg, sa jeg er spent pa hvordan det fungerer. kommer du til a kombinere IGF med steroider eller alene? har alltid hatt lyst til a prove vekst, men pris og mangel pa palitelige kilder har gjor at jeg har utsatt det. bestiller du din vekst fra nettet?

RedBaron:
    Thank you! i have never tried IGF before,and it seems like you know a lot about that redbaron, so im gonna nag you with a few questions my plan is to use igf for 40 days, 80 mcg on days i work out, 5-10 minutes after im done working out.
    should i use more than 80 mcg ed?
    should i only inject muscles ive worked out?
    should i use it for more than 40 days?

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GamePitbull
    Thx for excellent information RedBaron
    I am ready to make my own AceticAcid.

BoleBiff:
    Har ikke brukt igf-1 før. Begynner nå. Har brukt en del vekst med svært gode resultater.
    Har du bestilt med suksess fra denne leverandøren før?
    Har forøvrig fått info. om at Acetic Acid selges resptfritt på apotek
    Jeg har bestilt fra denne levrandøren til Norge og det har gått fint, for the meste...
    Pakken jeg bestilte med IGF derimot ble stoppet, og jeg fikk et brev der jeg måtte komme å forklare hva den inneholdt vis jeg ville få den, jeg lot det bare være. (De tar bare stikk-prøver iblandt)
    Men jeg har fått gjennom pakker med andre ting og det er bra varer.

Quote Originally Posted by BoleBiff
    RedBaron:
    Thank you! i have never tried IGF before,and it seems like you know a lot about that redbaron, so im gonna nag you with a few questions my plan is to use igf for 40 days, 80 mcg on days i work out, 5-10 minutes after im done working out.
    should i use more than 80 mcg ed?
    should i only inject muscles ive worked out?
    should i use it for more than 40 days?
    Honestly, you should see some decent results from 80mcgs ED, especially given it is your first run with it.

I personally inject into a muscle group that I have just worked, not because the LR3 won't work if I don't, but since I have spent an hour breaking down muscle and increasing the number of IGF receptors in same muscle, I figure why not try to use that to gain that little extra advantage. It certainly isn't a make or break proposition by any means, and pretty much any time of the day you inject LR3 you are going to benefit.

Running your LR3 for 40 days should be great. I have ran as long as 56 days just to experiment, but after trying several combinations, I personally run it 35-40 days on / 35-40 days off. It works really well for me and several bodybuilding friends running it that way. I wouldn't see any great advantage to running it much more than 35-40 days at a time. For reasons we are still sorting out (several viable ideas running about now), the gains will start to slow down eventually. That time for me seemed to be at the tail end of the 56 day run. For others, I am hearing that by the end of the 4-5 weeks things are slowing up a bit. There are many variables as all of our cycles are radically different, but the 35-40 day on/off seems to cover most contingencies.

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress.

thanks for the great information! i got all of my igf today, only problem is that it should be injected with insulin needles. all i have is 23g 1 1/4" needles and 3ml syringes...i dont know anything about insulin and insulin needles or syringes..what size are the needles and syringes i have to get?

You will want to get U100 Insulin syringes - there are a few different sizes, but I would say for sake of example you'll be looking for an insulin syringe, 29 gauge X 1/2 inch needle, 1ml capacity syringe.

There are also 1/2 ml insulin syringes, which work really well with accurately drawing the small amounts of liquid we are talking about when using LR3.

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Vitor er norsk, det viste jeg ikke.

Oppvoskst i Asker men har bod it i usa i 17 aar.

Thread Information